Viofo A119S videos

/ The final A119S lens will be upgraded to the 7G F1.6 lens /

Why now this cam on sale with 6G F2.0 lens ???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132019018542
Is that the same camera?
Lens was a last minute change. Estore does not actually have these yet, but that's not stopping them from selling them. What's an extra week or 2 when ordering out of China.

.. so this a119s in US stores will be with 7G F1.6 lens or not?

.. so this a119s in US stores will be with 7G F1.6 lens or not?
The only version of the A119S is the 7G F1.6 version. There is no 6G 2.0F version - that was just a prototype that they apparently expected to go to market with but changed to the 7G 1.6F late in the process.

don't have the production model yet.... and they sold already one camera :)

OK, thanks for info! I'm glad if a119s will be with 7G F1.6 !

Pre-order of sorts I think, they'll start shipping once the stock is received from Viofo.

The final A119S lens will be upgraded to the 7G F1.6 lens, smaller distortion than the earlier sample that @Mtz got.
Anyway, we have used the one of the best lens in the market.
@viofo please remember to change this information about lens (6G>7G) on your official website - on this infographic here and in technical specs there. Sellers can repeat the error and it can make problems.

Y

Yes, but it would be nice if buyers knew that before they ordered.

Indeed! Since you've brought it up, IMO their listings are sometimes inaccurate and mostly shabby. As a retailer/supplier that's an active member of this community and well informed by the look of things, I for one expect a higher level of accuracy, diligence and proactivity in their approach towards conducting business; when compared to what I see from most of the retailers that ship directly from China.

Indeed! Since you've brought it up, IMO their listings are sometimes inaccurate and mostly shabby. As a retailer/supplier that's an active member of this community and well informed by the look of things, I for one expect a higher level of accuracy, diligence and proactivity in their approach towards conducting business; when compared to what I see from most of the retailers that ship directly from China.
I will say that the lens update was a last minute change. I didn't know what the new specs were til the other day.

A couple days ago I contributed about a dozen suggestions for the new a118c2 product page, and he added/changed them ALL with the new wording. Viofo is very receptive to suggestions.

I can certainly understand the difficulty producing marketing/copy for something in a foreign language. If I had to produce something for a specific Chinese dialect, it would probably be worse! :)

Always glad to help,
Rhody

PS: I have some A119S units on pre order, too, and guestimate they'll get here around the 15th. JUST a guess. I believe mass/final production starts this coming week, in China, and then they'll need to be boxed up and shipped all over.

I hope this "all over" will be here in US :)

Rhody401, from where did u preorder them?

A couple days ago I contributed about a dozen suggestions for the new a118c2 product page, and he added/changed them ALL with the new wording. Viofo is very receptive to suggestions.

I can certainly understand the difficulty producing marketing/copy for something in a foreign language. If I had to produce something for a specific Chinese dialect, it would probably be worse! :)

Always glad to help,
Rhody

PS: I have some A119S units on pre order, too, and guestimate they'll get here around the 15th. JUST a guess. I believe mass/final production starts this coming week, in China, and then they'll need to be boxed up and shipped all over.
Did you buy from a North American Seller or direct from a Chinese Seller?

I will buy only from here... locally.. so if something wrong I can return / exchange...

My post wasn't directed at Viofo but as their product pictures, screen shots and description is copied by most suppliers that retail the model, the onus lies on them (Viofo) to ensure that whatever published; is accurate and proactively updated.

If I were to manufacture and sell something to a foreign language speaking market, my team would include a competent content writer and proof reader/checker who's very well versed with the product and the target country's local language. A company like Viofo can definitely afford it for their own good!

Yes, but it would be nice if buyers knew that before they ordered.

So who do you trust?
Vicky from estore009, there claim there got them in stock (yesterday)
or Viofo that say. "If everything going well, the mass production will be started next week around Wednesday."

I just want to check estore009, if there gonna lie to me.

A119S.jpg

Back