Viofo A119S videos

Just a personal opinion, with no inside info...

I'd trust the word of the manufacturer who has his name on it (VIOFO), not an ebay seller who is misstating the specs and availability :) I bet they do have them to ship in a week, and maybe they even have an evaluation prototype that had the old lense stated in the ad, but production of the real units hasn't quite started yet. I also believe they are a legitimate reseller who will ship the real product, once it becomes available. They're probably taking pre orders and covering themselves by saying you'll have it by Jan 4, 2017. Folks in USA will prob be able to get it via amazon prime (and captureyouraction, and other sources) much sooner than Jan 4, once the first batch arrives.

So who do you trust?
Vicky from estore009, there claim there got them in stock (yesterday)
or Viofo that say. "If everything going well, the mass production will be started next week around Wednesday."

I just want to check estore009, if there gonna lie to me.

View attachment 27721
Have to assume Viofo wouldn't say they weren't ready yet if they actually were.

estore009 could just have answer. Sorry, its a pre-order.

Is there any videos with new lenses 7g 1.6?

@Mtz thanks for the doing the comparison. Great stuff! I know how long it takes to get everything up and analyzed.

One question, are there any comparisons where you didn't set the A119 to 1080P 60FPS? In testing with all my cameras including the A119, 60FPS has consistently degraded the quality compared to the native resolution.

Edit - Your videos are super clear. What do you do to clean your windshield?

Last edited:
The videos uploaded until today are all I did for comparison. No other tests because my A119S lens was a beta lens and my work will be not acurate no matter the resolutions or FPS. In few days people will receive their A119S and for sure some of them have also the A119 dashcam so more comparison will follow. I expect to receive my A119S retail version maybe in 10-12 days.

I am not using anything special for cleaning the windshield, but working hard when cleaning it before tests using some clean microfiber cloth which have inside it some thin sponge, something like this. Also I am not smoking.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
I am not using anything special for cleaning the windshield, but working hard when cleaning it

It seems it always the elbow grease, that do the job. Same here. If it really bad I use the finest steel-wool I can find (very fine), That remove tough insects and bird bomb without scratching.

During cold season I have no problems with insects. But I clean working hard both sides of windshield when recording for tests. If I will do many tests I will have always the windshield clean, at least inside. ;)

enjoy,
Mtz

Awesome, thanks MTZ and I look forward to whoever posts the production A119S footage.

It seems it always the elbow grease, that do the job. Same here. If it really bad I use the finest steel-wool I can find (very fine), That remove tough insects and bird bomb without scratching.

A clay-bar or Elastrofoam works well on the glass too.

A clay-bar or Elastrofoam works well on the glass too.

Yep love using clay bars. Then coat the windshield with a coat of car wax. Does wonders for resisting water on the windshield. I also use a magic eraser with dawn for the inside glass. Gets all the grease off and really makes it invisible to the camera.

Next week, but until then maybe other people will post videos.

enjoy,
Mtz

Good glass cleaner (I like "Invisible Glass" brand) + micro fiber towels, then razor blade, then clay bar, then glass cleaner again, then wax or rainX.

Yes I took those videos last night, on my way home from work, and didn't have time/materials to clean the windows properly. It keeps snowing and there's a lot of salt on the roads.

This is with the production/final lense, and I posted some pics of the unboxing in the other A119S thread. It looks like a durable product, and the best one yet.

Good glass cleaner (I like "Invisible Glass" brand) + micro fiber towels, then razor blade, then clay bar, then glass cleaner again, then wax or rainX.
Take it easy lol

Some samples of night time with A119s (lenses 7g 1.6)
video 1
video 2
These are Rhody
For some videos you have also Viofo original video sample download links. The videos are not encoded in any way so them will reflect original quality.

Viofo A119S A119 A118C2 A118C original video sample download night

Viofo A119S A119 A118C2 A118C original video sample download day

Very low light conditions:

enjoy,
Mtz
Really great video comparisons thanks.

Back