Mini 0803 coming

Not exactly, 0803 also packs bunch of data to data stream inside of the mov file, so the single mov file contains video, audio and text streams. The text stream is compatible with subtitle stream, so video/movie player capable of reading subtitles can display the data as movie captions. The specialized player could read this data same way it reads it from separate file and use the data to track position on the map and display speed and other sensor data.
It is not really a redundancy. It just some formats could not carry text streams, so sensor data was logged separately. Mov files can be self-contained, so no need for separate files. It is probably the first step in the right direction.
Data example: V,0,0,,,,,,0,-00.61,-06.12,+02.45;

I have some other new dashcam based on A7 which also same way saves text data ( gps ) into mov video file and Registrator Viewer starting from 5.7 and up can decode gps data abd display correctly. All works fine. I guess 0803 has same principle.

that is because we really honest and willing to share the developping progresses with all the fanatics, even when it is not perfect.
the new footages will be uploaded soon to show you guys the 0803 video with 20140510V1 firmware. (the mass production one)

:)
Big thanks

that is because we really honest and willing to share the developping progresses with all the fanatics, even when it is not perfect.
the new footages will be uploaded soon to show you guys the 0803 video with 20140510V1 firmware. (the mass production one)
:)

@Rayman.Chan - For clarification purposes on this Forum, please can you confirm what your company's involvement has been/is with the Mini 0803...
i.e., Are MEG the designer, the manufacturer, a developer or an assembler of the Mini 0803?:confused:
Many thanks.;)

Last edited:
jokiin, you seem to be the go-2 guy for advice here.. when can I buy the 0803 and from who? Anyone else, please.. This is my first dash cam purchase and I really need some advice here.

jokiin, you seem to be the go-2 guy for advice here.. when can I buy the 0803 and from who? Anyone else, please.. This is my first dash cam purchase and I really need some advice here.

Hope this earlier post from jokiin helps:-
.....for anyone thinking of buying I would suggest checking with @billknow from Foxoffer if you want to buy from China, or @JooVuu if you want to buy in EU/UK as I know they have been thorough in their sourcing of this model

They are stating stock delivery dates for the Final Production version Mini 0803 of circa 12th - 13th May on their respective websites.

P.S. There have been some/low numbers of Pre-production (samples), sold to unsuspecting customers, which had a few issues. Have a read through this thread for details.;)

Last edited:
Hope this earlier post from jokiin helps:-

They are stating stock delivery dates for the Final Production version Mini 0803 of circa 12th - 13th May on their respective websites.

P.S. There have been some/low numbers of Pre-production (samples), sold to unsuspecting customers, which had a few issues. Have a read through this thread for details.;)

Thanks, Hilts.

Don't be too disappointed.

Read the comments already posted. The stock was pre-production samples and were not up to scratch - ;)

I'm reading through the thread as we speak. Since I'm in the U.S., do you guys recommend that I buy from @JooVuu or Foxoffer? How about BlackBoxed in Canada? Thanks))

I'm reading through the thread as we speak. Since I'm in the U.S., do you guys recommend that I buy from @JooVuu or Foxoffer? How about BlackBoxed in Canada? Thanks))

A very similar question was asked earlier in this Thread....
I agree with jokiin, as I checked up on FoxOffer before pre-ordering mine from them. I found this Thread on the Forum, which sealed the deal for me http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/fox-offer-warranty.2079/

I know that JooVuu in the UK will be stockists https://joovuu.com/gb/home/106-mini-0801-a7-wdr-mini-0803.html
and on Amazon E-PRANCE are selling it http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=electronics&field-keywords=mini 0803 dvr

I haven't bought anything from JooVuu, E-PRANCE or Blackboxed. Have a good look at their feedback scores and customer aftercare on their other products.

I placed the pre-order with FoxOffer with my eyes open, knowing that shipping from China to the UK is going to take a while. If anything goes wrong I know that there's likely to be time delay in responding to any email(s) sent and there may be a language barrier in getting any matters understood/resolved. I am happy with my choice, but if you want to pay a little more for the comfort of using a more local supplier then the choice is yours.
Good luck with whichever supplier you go for!
Worth noting that E-PRANCE were one of the sellers of some Pre-production 0803's - hopefully they'll help their buyers resolve any issues (FW update) or offer them a refund if needed.
So it is worth checking closely with your intended buyer what FW it would come with and how you'd get any future updates!;)

BTW - I am still awaiting shipping confirmation from FoxOffer. Will provide an update, as and when my Mini 0803 arrives.

Last edited:
A very similar question was asked earlier in this Thread....

Worth noting that E-PRANCE were one of the sellers of some Pre-production 0803's - hopefully they'll help their buyers resolve any issues (FW update) or offer them a refund if needed.
So it is worth checking closely with your intended buyer what FW it would come with and how you'd get any future updates!;)

BTW - I am still awaiting shipping confirmation from FoxOffer. Will provide an update, as and my Mini 0803 arrives.

Thank you, Hilts. I look forward to your review. I will too order from FoxOffer as soon as they become available.

Thank you, Hilts. I look forward to your review. I will too order from FoxOffer as soon as they become available.

if they're already out then that would have been the earlier version, once they show as available again that would have to be the new version, should be very soon I would think

the MPH version firmware still hasn't been done yet so you will need to wait for an update for that

if they're already out then that would have been the earlier version, once they show as available again that would have to be the new version, should be very soon I would think

the MPH version firmware still hasn't been done yet so you will need to wait for an update for that

Hi there, jokiin. I definitely want one with GPS, so I appreciate your expert advice. Thanks for keeping us informed)))

Hi All
Being following this thread, would have been better if I saw it before I purchased a 0803 no GPS from foxoffer
There was no mention of it being a pre production model.
Received it a couple of days ago.
The menu is missing photo setup, language option ,TV type option and Beep sound option.
Have sent foxoffer a few emails and still waiting a reply re the missing menu options.
Not happy with the situation and them not replying to emails.
Would not have purchased if they disclosed that they were pre production.
Considering pre production models were basically for testing.

Hi All
Being following this thread, would have been better if I saw it before I purchased a 0803 no GPS from foxoffer
The menu is missing photo setup, language option ,TV type option and Beep sound option.
Have sent foxoffer a few emails and still waiting a reply re the missing menu options.
The version you got is 0429V1, about the missing menu options, I will compare it with the new version.
The version we sold before is not for testing, I will compare the both version when I got new version.

Hi All
Looking at the FW stated by billknow that would have been the latest available at that time, as you've just received it. There were some released much earlier in April by other sellers who wouldn't (or didn't know to) wait for some image issues to fixed. FoxOffer waited for the FW fixes before releasing their very limited stock.

I'm assuming that you're happy with the image quality, as you've not mentioned it.:confused:

I'd message billknow privately to find out where to find latest FW, or for confirmation that 20140510V1 FW (posted in another Thread recently) is compatible with your Mini 0803.;)

Last edited:
Back