Dash Cam Comparison Update

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just made an update to the Dash Cam Comparison page. The following changes were made:

1) Replaced the GS1000 Orange Menu with the Mini 0801 - similar camera but the 0801 is smaller and less expensive
2) Replaced the F500LHD with the GT300W - much better video quality and better form factor for the price (both don't have GPS)
3) Removed the Livue LB 100 HD - 720p for the price is a bit steep considering the 2 cameras above

The DVR-007 / DVR-027 will be removed soon as well. Just looking for a camera to replace it in the $60 price range. The most likely candidate is the G1W. Just need to gather more info on it. I also just noticed estore009 is selling it for $49...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/310752336819
Not sure if it is an error but if it is legit, great price for this camera since the other reputable sellers of this camera, Saddle on Aliexpress and Foxoffer have it for $60.

Foxoffer G1W

Finally, I'm looking at adding a high end camera. Debating between the Lukas LK-7900 and the Powerucc Panorama2. Leaning towards the Panorama2 but I still need to build a page for it.

Any comments appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me know if you need anything regarding panorama2, internal photos, detailed data specs etc. I have them all.

I'm glad to see the DVR-007 / DVR-027 go, that was my first DashCam choice months ago. I was NOT impressed and sold it on eBay 7 days after it arrived.

Good call on the Mini 0801!
FYI We just learned that the 0801 is totally stable using Class 4 microSD cards.
(and will lock up/shut down on Class 10 cards once they are Full)

What's the GT300 for $63 talked about here? (legit? WDR?)
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/choosing-a-first-dash-cam.2602/page-2

I'm glad to see the DVR-007 / DVR-027 go, that was my first DashCam choice months ago. I was NOT impressed and sold it on eBay 7 days after it arrived.

Good call on the Mini 0801!
FYI We just learned that the 0801 is totally stable using Class 4 microSD cards.
(and will lock up/shut down on Class 10 cards once they are Full)

What's the GT300 for $63 talked about here? (legit? WDR?)
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/choosing-a-first-dash-cam.2602/page-2

Yes, that self-proclaimed "GT" is WDR, but it's not 15Mbps, ... it's 12Mbps ( I have one in hand ). It's actually called VF300W, not GT300 !

Just curious, how do you know? It doesn't have 'neutral' or 'givoe' anywhere on that page.

Cause Niko has had more dash cams go though his hands than you, I, and probably 10 other members combined.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for anyone to get upset. What I meant by my comment, was how does he know that that particular model linked is a bad model? Having tried a million dash cams doesn't answer how he knows that a nondescript model is actually the crap version (ie there's no buzzword like 'neutral' or 'givoe' on it, i dont see anything in the specs to indicate that, the pics don't particularly look like a counterfeit, etc).

I'm asking for the why, not the what here. If I told you "The DVR207 is a piece of junk", you wouldn't listen to me. If I said "the DVR207 has awful night vision due to etc etc", that'd be a lot clearer.

Not sure if it is an error but if it is legit, great price for this camera since the other reputable sellers of this camera, Saddle on Aliexpress and Foxoffer have it for $60.

Foxoffer G1W

Finally, I'm looking at adding a high end camera. Debating between the Lukas LK-7900 and the Powerucc Panorama2. Leaning towards the Panorama2 but I still need to build a page for it.

Any comments appreciated

G1W for 60usd is OK, but not for 80usd. Overall price vs what you get is OK for 60usd., but need to take into consideration few drawback:
- there are issues with batteries "die" on many models
- bracket is not secured firmly, wobbling ( can be DIY fixed with adding electrical tape, but who wants messing around )

I would recommend to go for entry level dash camera VF300W ( copy of gt300w / ls300w )

I have it in hand and will be doing this week side by side test of this model vs dod ls300w and other same price-range dash cams. Will publish video tests and raw video files with short overview soon for judgement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, I didn't mean for anyone to get upset. What I meant by my comment, was how does he know that that particular model linked is a bad model? Having tried a million dash cams doesn't answer how he knows that a nondescript model is actually the crap version (ie there's no buzzword like 'neutral' or 'givoe' on it, i dont see anything in the specs to indicate that, the pics don't particularly look like a counterfeit, etc).

I'm asking for the why, not the what here. If I told you "The DVR207 is a piece of junk", you wouldn't listen to me. If I said "the DVR207 has awful night vision due to etc etc", that'd be a lot clearer.

I never said to any model that they are crap. Read my post:

Just curious, how do you know? It doesn't have 'neutral' or 'givoe' anywhere on that page.

- because I have them in hand, tested myself and because it says so on FoxOffer website: Model: VF300W

also you can read there: We offer free 3m Adhesive Mount for VF300W Camera.

Givoe put misleading info.

Yes, both sellers ( Giveo and FOxoffer ) has title "non-branded / neutral gt300w / ls300w", but at least foxoffer added other name to this dash camera ( VF300W ) which explains that it is not from original TIoTech or Shadow Tec factory, - it is from third source.

The DVR-007 / DVR-027 will be removed soon as well. Just looking for a camera to replace it in the $60 price range. The most likely candidate is the G1W. Just need to gather more info on it. I also just noticed estore009 is selling it for $49...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/310752336819

Thanks, DashCamMan, and thanks for moving so fast on my FAQ update suggestion!

That camera looks very tempting for $49, but what were they thinking with the bronze shell and worse, the chrome lens ring? That's gonna scream "DASHCAM, STEAL ME PLEASE" unless blacked-out.

HF

G1W for 60usd is OK, but not for 80usd. Overall price vs what you get is OK for 60usd., but need to take into consideration few drawback:
- there are issues with batteries "die" on many models
- bracket is not secured firmly, wobbling ( can be DIY fixed with adding electrical tape, but who wants messing around )

Interesting... Well I am going to be hardwiring my dash cam to my car (so it autostarts, as well as park/motion detect protection), so the battery isnt an issue (and seriously, I have no problem buying a different battery or making my own battery pack)
- I would not mind messing around and DIY on the bracket, especially for a $40 reduction in price.

Is that really the only difference? It's the same internals and 15mbs?

- because I have them in hand, tested myself and because it says so on FoxOffer website: Model: VF300W

also you can read there: We offer free 3m Adhesive Mount for VF300W Camera.

Givoe put misleading info.

Yes, both sellers ( Giveo and FOxoffer ) has title "non-branded / neutral gt300w / ls300w", but at least foxoffer added other name to this dash camera ( VF300W ) which explains that it is not from original TIoTech or Shadow Tec factory, - it is from third source.

I'm sorry, I have a lot of trouble understanding you sometimes.
Shadow Car DVR Camera GT300W with Advanced WDR + 1080P 30FPS + 140 Degrees Wide Angle + G-Sensor + Super Night Vision $66
Sold by: Big Big World's Store 1 101 FB 100%+

Nowhere on the listing does it say Giveo, VF300W, Neutral, or Non-branded. I understand what you are saying, but it's like you are reading a different link or something. How can you tell that the link there, for that Shadow cam, is a fake? I'm really, really confused. Maybe my browser isn't showing me what you are seeing? There is no mention of VF300w on that page. The page you listed, is NOT the one I listed.

I deeply appreciate your input, but I'm really confused on what you are talking about.

You keep saying Givoe, Givoe, Givoe. Who is givoe? What is givoe? There is no givoe on that link!!!

As I mentioned, there is nothing wrong with Givoe, - they are big re-seller, sells a lot of same dash cams like FOxoffer, E-Prance, Saddle, etc.
Why "that" dash cam is not genuine gt300w ( as stated on Givoe )?, - I know those things about who is selling what, because I have long experience in this field. Another fact is the price. You never get 100usd dash camera ( which is the lowest price competitors sell ) from other sources for -30%.

I don't think you are understanding me still. Why do you think that dash cam is giveo or not genuine? Is it just a suspicion based on the price? Are the pics of a VF300?

Because no where on the link does it say givoe, or any of the other buzzwords like 'neutral', 'vg300w', or 'non-brand'.

It's sold by Big Big World's Store 1.

You keep saying givoe, but I have no clue what givoe is. Where on that link does it say givoe?

I completely trust your judgement niko, but it's almost like you are looking at another link or something here. Nothing in the link I provided says Givoe. Please look at the link I provided.

SAaMTBY.png

Last edited:
I bought one from the other Ebay seller for $66.18US. It is the exact same camera as above, but it is called LS3000. It has the same blue box, everything same as above picture.
The video bitrate is 12mbps instead of 15mbps of the real Shadow GT300W. The day and night video is slightly lower quality then my wife's real Shadow GT300W due to the slower bit rate. But it is a lot better then the Ambarella A2S70 VF960(G900) that I replaced. The video format is AVI instead of MOV.
For all intended purpose of the dashcam, I am very happy with what I paid for the quality I got. Here is the video file media information.

General
Complete name : E:\Dashcam\cheap\100__DSC\MOV_0127.AVI
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 257 MiB
Duration : 3mn 0s
Overall bit rate : 12.0 Mbps
Mastered date : 2013-09-29 13:05:04

Video
ID : 0
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=15
Codec ID : H264
Duration : 2mn 59s
Bit rate : 11.8 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 29.936 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.191
Stream size : 254 MiB (99%)

Audio
ID : 1
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 3
Codec ID : 55
Codec ID/Hint : MP3
Duration : 3mn 0s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 32.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 2.75 MiB (1%)
Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
Interleave, duration : 36 ms (1.08 video frame)

Last edited:
I don't think you are understanding me still. Why do you think that dash cam is giveo or not genuine? Is it just a suspicion based on the price? Are the pics of a VF300?

Because no where on the link does it say givoe, or any of the other buzzwords like 'neutral', 'vg300w', or 'non-brand'.

It's sold by Big Big World's Store 1.

You keep saying givoe, but I have no clue what givoe is. Where on that link does it say givoe?

I completely trust your judgement niko, but it's almost like you are looking at another link or something here. Nothing in the link I provided says Givoe. Please look at the link I provided.

SAaMTBY.png

NB!
Please stop spreading same questions over 4 different threads.
Please look into each thread title and keep with that content.
Now it's getting messy where you spread all the same questions / discussions over 4 different threads.
No offence, but hope you understand me and agree with me.

Don't be a memberator. Sorry, but to be extremely strict about relegating conversation of clones of clones to their own specific thread is a bit ridiculous. My questions and original queries are always in the appropriate thread, and if you look at this thread, you'll see this is not my doing, but JazJon. If you want to get angry, get mad at him, do not quote me for 'derailing' a thread on G1W/G2Ws with G1W clones, as he was the first to bring it up.

You then 'continued the derail' by answering his question (which I don't think is bad, but according to your NB), to which I ask for clarification (silly me! Asking someone who's first language is not english to clarify a post he wasn't specific in!).

You still have yet to clarify, instead ranting on and on about 'givoe' without even so much as explaining what a givoe is. Is it a seller, a brand, a model? There is no reference to 'givoe' in the link, and you continue to shout 'givoe' which makes zero sense at all. There could be a million perfectly plausible reasons on why to not by that dash cam - the price is suspect, the seller is suspect, the picture is suspect, etc, but you have not said that. You keep saying something which, as far as I can see and as far as you have described it - Givoe, Givoe! - is completely untrue. Unless there is a tiny fine print I'm missing in that listing, please, tell me how it's a 'givoe'.

I bought one from the other Ebay seller for $66.18US. It is the exact same camera as above, but it is called LS3000. It has the same blue box, everything same as above picture.
The video bitrate is 12mbps instead of 15mbps of the real Shadow GT300W. The day and night video is slightly lower quality then my wife's real Shadow GT300W due to the slower bit rate. But it is a lot better then the Ambarella A2S70 VF960(G900) that I replaced. The video format is AVI instead of MOV.

Thanks, that's very straightforward. How would you consider it value wise? Is the difference in quality big? For $45 in savings, maybe one could overlook this difference.

What I'd really like to know, is how a rip-off/givoe/etc GT300, compares to a G1W/G2w, ie 4G Lens 15mb/s vs 6g Lens 12mb's. That'd be a really cool comparison. I mean that's almost half the price, is the drop in quality even noticeable?

Don't be a memberator. Sorry, but to be extremely strict about relegating conversation of clones of clones to their own specific thread is a bit ridiculous. My questions and original queries are always in the appropriate thread, and if you look at this thread, you'll see this is not my doing, but JazJon. If you want to get angry, get mad at him, do not quote me for 'derailing' a thread on G1W/G2Ws with G1W clones, as he was the first to bring it up.

You then 'continued the derail' by answering his question (which I don't think is bad, but according to your NB), to which I ask for clarification (silly me! Asking someone who's first language is not english to clarify a post he wasn't specific in!).

You still have yet to clarify, instead ranting on and on about 'givoe' without even so much as explaining what a givoe is. Is it a seller, a brand, a model? There is no reference to 'givoe' in the link, and you continue to shout 'givoe' which makes zero sense at all. There could be a million perfectly plausible reasons on why to not by that dash cam - the price is suspect, the seller is suspect, the picture is suspect, etc, but you have not said that. You keep saying something which, as far as I can see and as far as you have described it - Givoe, Givoe! - is completely untrue. Unless there is a tiny fine print I'm missing in that listing, please, tell me how it's a 'givoe'.

Thanks, that's very straightforward. How would you consider it value wise? Is the difference in quality big? For $45 in savings, maybe one could overlook this difference.

What I'd really like to know, is how a rip-off/givoe/etc GT300, compares to a G1W/G2w, ie 4G Lens 15mb/s vs 6g Lens 12mb's. That'd be a really cool comparison. I mean that's almost half the price, is the drop in quality even noticeable?

My point is that you have opened a thread: Choosing a first dash cam.

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/choosing-a-first-dash-cam.2602/
All your questions can be discussed there.

Why you jumping with all the same questions with same dash cams to other threads? ( this one here is the 4th thread where all the same questions ). This way it's getting messy.
Hope you understand what I mean. If you opened a specific thread and want to discuss something, just stick to it.
If you need to move traffic from other sub-forums, just make a referral thera, for example in the gt450w thread just refer to your thread, that you want to discuss gt450w comparing to g1w, gt300w, ls300w, etc.
It's really very hard to keep up with all questions / answers if they are spreaded by you on 4 different threads / different sub-forums.

not a fan of AVI format cameras

What is this in reference to and why?

My point is that you have opened a thread: Choosing a first dash cam.

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/choosing-a-first-dash-cam.2602/
All your questions can be discussed there.

Why you jumping with all the same questions with same dash cams to other threads? ( this one here is the 4th thread where all the same questions ). This way it's getting messy.
Hope you understand what I mean. If you opened a specific thread and want to discuss something, just stick to it.
If you need to move traffic from other sub-forums, just make a referral thera, for example in the gt450w thread just refer to your thread, that you want to discuss gt450w comparing to g1w, gt300w, ls300w, etc.
It's really very hard to keep up with all questions / answers if they are spreaded by you on 4 different threads / different sub-forums.

Because for much more specific questions, i need to post in specific threads. Really, my 'choosing first dash cam' thread has seemed to have run it's course, I have to go into much deeper, cam-specific threads in order to get the specific information i seek in regards to each cam. Sometimes there's a bit of crossover as conversations occur where I'm replying to someone in a certain thread, but that's a direct conversation, it didn't start with a 'hey what's a good first dash cam'.

AVI is only used on all the low end Chinese cameras in the market, it's a give away that what's inside is low quality, less flexible format when it comes to file handling than MOV or MP4

Back