0801 firmware which one?

MikeM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0801 non gps, non internal mem
Hi
I have search for answers but I'm a bit lost what/where to start.

I have had my 0801 for a few months now and I still have a problem with the camera not over recording files when the sd card is full.
The camera came with the firmware 20131026 and when the sd card was 3 quarters full I got the io error messages and slow card reader. I read up on this ( on here ) and did an upgrade to this firmware 20130924 which has stopped the io error but this weekend the same has happened again, slow card.
After reformatting the sd card,(card wiped all files) the camera records as it should, no issues, travelled about 100-120 miles, no problems, a week traveling to/ fro work, and yesterday the card is now 3 quarters full, again the slow card has appeared.

The sd card was tested and found to be ok, I reduced the gig to 1g to see if the camera would over right, which it did, I increased it to 16 gig to see what happens, but alas same failure.

question is-

Will the 20131230 ( or even the 20131202) update firmware sort this over righting/deleting old files ?
should I change my sd card?too which one? I have read on here experiences of sd cards, which made me go Samsung route.
The camera has been recording fine as it should with no issues with the sd card when up to 3 quarters full.
I have the 0801 non gps, non internal memory from eprance Amazonuk and use the Samsung class 6 32g card and on full HD, 3min loop files with audio on, which is also from Amazonuk.

Hope someone can put my brain at rest as not sure what firmware to up grade to, I think its 1202?

Apologies for the long first thread, be easy on me ;-)

Mike

I'd say yu have to try it. Seems to be different from camera to camera. Some people say that 20131230 is stable others report that 20140115 is stable...

I'm currently running on the 2014 firmware with no issues
GPS - Non Internal
16Gb Class 10 card

No issues

20130924 is older that the firmware you started with.

20131026 caused mine to give the "Low Speed" error and "IO error". I then upgraded to 20131202 and its worked perfectly for over two months.

That's good to know I will down load the 20131202 and see what happens, have to do something. I guess the old files are been over written as it should?
Thanks Kirkofski :)

well done the update to 1202 so we'll see what happens next.
Question I now have gps listed what is open and close, on and off?
my foot on the screen has no gps so need it off.

:) Thank you jokiin

20131026 is rock solid for me with a PNY 16GB Class 6 card and a separate 12V to 5V converter.

Well an update to the firmware I up loaded to the camera, taken a while to fill the card but 20131202 works, now overwriting old files as it should! happy chap now :D
Now Im thinking of changing the start up picture :), I have seen the thread for that. :)

Last edited:
Back