165mph Pursuit of Dodge Challenger in Arkansas

Where I live in Vermont high speed chases do occur but the police operate under very specific guidelines. Depending on the nature of the crime and the vehicles involved they often call it off if things get too out of control for fear of injuring or killing innocent civilians. I don't think a chase like that, at those speeds, would happen here unless the circumstances were extraordinary. I've noticed that when a story like this is in the local newspaper, when they call off a chase they often catch the perpetrator later, in due time, especially if the perp is not driving a stolen vehicle.

Edit: I like the scene where the cop slaps the cuffs on the perp after the chase at 20:10 and the guy says. "I'm a fu*king retard" and the cop says, "Yeah, you are". :smuggrin:

Last edited:
I think isent the top model of the challengers called a red eye ?
As i recall its about 800 ponies under the hood, and if Hennesy had their fingers on it more like 1000

Today i saw a punk in a convertible modern pony car ( Mustang ) now he did not put down rubber, but no doubt his driving style was asking for 1 of 2 tings, either a race or a crash.
The Mustang was automatic,,,,, which is something Danish gear / petrol heads laugh about, CUZ driving a stick is all we have ever done here, well unless you are a taxi driver maybe.
My total drive time in a automatic in 40 years of driving are like 1 - 2 hour MAX and thats mainly due to the rental truck we got when we moved my friends stuff to his new place, CUZ in a van it would have taken 6 - 8 trips back and forth, with the semi we managed with just 2 trips.

Last edited:
I think the chief (in the black car) has the Charger Scatpack edition with the 6.4L HEMI. The acceleration is astonishing and to drive at 163mph on a two lane rural highway takes some guts. If anything had gone wrong it would have gone horribly wrong.

ASP is well known for their "robust" policing of the roads. Here in TN chases of that intensity are seldom seen, but not unknown.

Dodge is winding up production of the Charger this year, so I don't know which car will take its place in police departments all over the land. There's no US made sedan that comes anywhere close to its performance, so maybe they'll look overseas (ie: Germany).

Dodge is winding up production of the Charger this year, so I don't know which car will take its place in police departments all over the land. There's no US made sedan that comes anywhere close to its performance, so maybe they'll look overseas (ie: Germany).

I think in the relatively near future the next class of muscle car police cruisers will likely be electric, especially considering the torque, horsepower and acceleration they can be capable of.

It is already happening with more standard cruisers.

Last edited:
So, what's going on with the jello in the black car's video, mostly apparent over 150mph?

In general playing games with the po po is a bad idea, or 5 - 0 if you are that way inclined.
They generally have no sense of humor, and parried with a often very poor understanding of the laws they are to uphold, well the things can get critical.
At least that is how it often is here.

At our annual celebration of democracy, a guy not at all popular with the followers of islam, well he could not participate and was relegated to the fringe of the area, and even then police invented more fringe to get him further away ( guy have a constant bodyguard due to the islam problem )
So he was detained by police for a few minutes and moved a few meters, and for this he got a cash compensation of 3000 DKkr / 450 USD

Seem like here you can only participate if you have one of the approved flavors.

We don't get those anymore here, as rules have changed.

Few years back, we had a high speed chase where the police engaged and flew through an intersection on a red light without slowing down. Unfortunately a young teenage girl out with her aunty practicing to get her driver's license, died when the cop car plowed into her car.

So, what's going on with the jello in the black car's video, mostly apparent over 150mph?
I forgot what its called, but it has something to do with the camera not being a "shutter" style camera, but a constant open aperture, or something like that. Excessive vibration causes it. Pretty much all cams will do that. Ive seen it on GoPros and even my own dash cams.

It is mainly the mount that is causing the problem, it starts vibrating badly at over 150, the rolling shutter just makes it look worse.

Global shutter sensors exist, but are more expensive. Rolling shutter is not exclusive to cameras without a physical shutter.

Global shutter sensors exist, but are more expensive.
You still need a solid mount to make good video, and if the mount hadn't been vibrating/resonating then this video would have looked fine.

True that, and yeah, it was resonating with NVH from the engine/drivetrain. This could have been with as minimal compliance as the adhesive foam pads used. Cameras that don’t use the majority of the body are obviously more prone to this issue.

it was resonating with NVH from the engine/drivetrain.
V8s are supposed to be smooth well balanced engines, seems unlikely that the engine would cause that amount of resonance.
I would guess one of his tyres was out of balance, especially as they seemed to like driving over cones, signs, rumble strips and anything else that gets in their way, without slowing down!

I do enjoy the sound of a V8, it is not something you hear very often in Denmark, and for sure not US V8
Mind you the people that remove the mufflers, they are still annoying fools id like to bitch slap, though it is better than like the idiot here in town that drive a VW up strait piped, that's a 3 CYL 55 HP Diesel engine or something to that order, NOT COOL at least.

Here now with the current EV saturation, those kind of care will probably be renamed to house owner cars, CUZ people just living in a apartment in the city, well the options to charge are way way too bad for most to consider a EV.
It is also very much what i fear if i was to get a EV for my next car, i really would like to only rely on public chargers if i was to drive far, i would for sure prefer to charge at home even if it is slow CUZ i am home a lot.

Back