4x dash cam video test: Dod "neutral" VF300W vs LS300W, LS650W, DL-5

It's almost like I was right ursamajor! Don't apologize too quickly brah

the 650w and g1w have nearly same picture quality,

OUCH

You are in a kind of arguing with yourself, boy.
You are quoting only what suits you.
Read more:
the design is better but quality of vf300 is comparable to g1w, i wouldnt buy it for that difference

...and it's very logic to be like this, because they have almost the same hardware inside, based on Novatek 96650 + AR0330, otherwise an exceptional and cheap combination.

The problem is that I don't care about your "analysis". I wrote my own minireview about my unit of LS650W which has good set optics (not like the unit tested by niko) and I'm happy with it. In the urban traffic environment (where I drive preponderantly) it's ideal. More than narrower FOV dashcams.

Last edited:
That is funny - I ordered a LS650W and a VF300W while owning a G1W, too - still awaiting them to arrive.
I will compare them side by side on my own and I will place the LS650W into our car with the short hood (city car) and will use the VF300W in our car with the long hood (BMW).
I will try to update the G1W with the LS300W firmware and see if the image quality enhances by the firmware.

I think the wider angle of view of the LS650W will be good for city driving.

So. I finally got my LS650W but I am still waiting for the VF300W to arrive (according to the tracking it arrived in Germany 3 weeks ago, but did not show up at my house until today :( ).
Here is my comparision between LS650W and G1W:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/ls650w.3077/page-3#post-38649

Last edited by a moderator:
How about the VF300W ($67) or GT680W ($97)?

Given the difference in price and video quality, which one do you think is a better value?
Is the GT680W video quality better enough to be worth the extra $30 in cost?

How about the VF300W ($67) or GT680W ($97)?

Given the difference in price and video quality, which one do you think is a better value?
Is the GT680W video quality better enough to be worth the extra $30 in cost?

For extra 30usd you getting smaller size, wider FOV and higher bit-rate which results in slightly better video quality ( less back ground noise ), but both dash cams are in good balance of performance / video quality for the money you pay.

Hi everyone. First of all, niko, big thanks for the review, it's really helpful. I was thinking of getting the DOD LS300W but I'm tempted by the wider FOV on the LS650W. I know it's been a while since you tested them but can you remember the exact FOV value on the LS650W? I've been trying to look it up on the internet and some sources say it's 158 degrees, while others say it's 170, which I find hardly plausible.

One more thing, does the LS650W have what DOD call 'SOS button'? What I mean is, you press a button and the file that's being recorded at the moment is marked as important and won't be deleted as part of the loop recording cycle? It's a very important feature that I need to have on my camera.

Hi everyone. First of all, niko, big thanks for the review, it's really helpful. I was thinking of getting the DOD LS300W but I'm tempted by the wider FOV on the LS650W. I know it's been a while since you tested them but can you remember the exact FOV value on the LS650W? I've been trying to look it up on the internet and some sources say it's 158 degrees, while others say it's 170, which I find hardly plausible.

One more thing, does the LS650W have what DOD call 'SOS button'? What I mean is, you press a button and the file that's being recorded at the moment is marked as important and won't be deleted as part of the loop recording cycle? It's a very important feature that I need to have on my camera.

You are welcome. Its hard to take seriously most Chinese made dashcam lens FOV, - in many cases they are just dont match the figures. In case of ls650W FOV best if you just watch FOV vs Dod LS300W and compare them visually.
Yes, it has emergency rec button to save into protected files folder.

Back