770X Issue with Front camera

MannyLNJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
For the past few days, my system would say while driving that normal mode was enabled.

Tonight all I had was a beeping sound and I noticed the light on the front-facing camera was not on. I understand this means the camera is not plugged in. The installer who worked on my system is a state away and put it behind a panel that I have to remove with screws. I can't do that tonight because it is dark so I will have to do it tomorrow. I know I'm asking for pure guesses here but if the rear and internal cameras are working is it more likely that the cable going into the box was not installed properly and came loose or with the other systmes does it sound like the box is bad?

For the past few days, my system would say while driving that normal mode was enabled.

Tonight all I had was a beeping sound and I noticed the light on the front-facing camera was not on. I understand this means the camera is not plugged in. The installer who worked on my system is a state away and put it behind a panel that I have to remove with screws. I can't do that tonight because it is dark so I will have to do it tomorrow. I know I'm asking for pure guesses here but if the rear and internal cameras are working is it more likely that the cable going into the box was not installed properly and came loose or with the other systmes does it sound like the box is bad?
Sounds like you're onto the troubleshooting yourself. Only way is to check yourself when you've removed the panels to view. Does your installer have a warranty or the like? If so, you'll have to chase it up with them - which could be problematic cos as you said they're in another State ..

Sounds like you're onto the troubleshooting yourself. Only way is to check yourself when you've removed the panels to view. Does your installer have a warranty or the like? If so, you'll have to chase it up with them - which could be problematic cos as you said they're in another State ..
I should have updated the post.

The "box" has been relocated from an area that is hard for me to reach to a better location but not as secure. The cables were firmly attached. The beeping and disconnected camera happened twice again and I was able to clear it by rebooting the camera from the app.

BlackVue support had me re-flash the firmware but what I can only assume is a random restart is happening. They want me to use use an official BlackVue card to rule out a card issue but I need 256GB of space and don't want to spend the money on their card,

Back