A lap around Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

dashcamsource

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
FineVu CR-500HD, DOD LS300W, BlackVue DR380W
We wanted to test the feasibility of utilizing dashcam's for track days, we were one of the many driving enthusiasts who sported $300+ GoPro/2/3/Black editions purely for the occasional spirited drive or track days several times a year so having a camera always mounted that could also be used on daily drives was a very appealing idea. We're very pleased with the results! Two camera's locations for the same lap:

FineVU PRO FULL HD mounted on the roll bar, where my GoPro normally goes

FineVU CR500HD on the windshield where most users would mount their daily dashcams:

for comparisons sake, here's my GoPro2 around Laguna on the same camera mount as the Pro Full above:
* A note on the GoPro footage - I have typically recorded in 720p with my GoPro's so this is not an apple to apples comparision. I did this for file size reasons and 720p was sufficient for my needs.

We decided to test the FineVu dashcam's during this particular outting, mainly because its sports a built in standard 1/4" tripod mount that could easily be mounted to our existing roll bar camera mount.

These dashcams are way better for the job. All that money for the gopros and you don't even get a gps. All of that money goes to their marketing dept.

Back