Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Last edited:
hehe yeah i read that earlier, not my car was what i was thinking.

They already deliver into your house. But this would save them the stairs.

Imagine being one of those delivery drivers and having to find someones car in a packed mall parking lot or something.
Though, car GPS pin dropping on maps have gotten pretty good these days.

It's available in my area and oddly enough I have two vehicles, different brands, that are both capable of 'accepting packages'. But I couldn't do this... I just don't feel comfortable with someone having access to the interior of my vehicle. Same with that service where they leave the package inside the house, that's just not for me at all.

It freak me out it can be done at all, i mean over here i can barely imagine ( and i have a vivid imagination ) any one delivering to your car while you are at work ( 7 hour window )
So delivering to ones car any other place and time frame, i just cant see that happening here in this stamp sized country.
Clearly here America are something all together different than Denmark are.
Then again we dont even have a Amazon warehouse here, a data center maybe but no warehouse.

It's available in my area and oddly enough I have two vehicles, different brands, that are both capable of 'accepting packages'. But I couldn't do this... I just don't feel comfortable with someone having access to the interior of my vehicle. Same with that service where they leave the package inside the house, that's just not for me at all.
+1

Would you guys feel different if it wasn't a real person but a robot/drone instead?

Well, I guess Amazon should double down on Amazon Lockers for now.

I'm glad they are at least trying to figure out a solution for peoples shipping headaches.

Oh yeah, I give em’ credit for innovating. I wouldn’t fault people using it who are comfortable with it, it just isn’t for me. I’m a product of a very large major city so my trust factor for things like this is very very low.

Let me be the first to predict that some poor delivery person will get assaulted, shot or arrested for B&E upon entering someone's home or vehicle trunk after being reported by a well intentioned neighbor or passer by. :smuggrin:

They better be waving a big white flag with Amazon printed on it, i have heard of people getting shot / arrested for less.

so my trust factor

The dropping parcels off on the front porch / at the front door, that's just so out there for me as a Dane, though we are in general pretty gullible people, i am sure that ( stealing such parcels ) would turn into a industry in no time if we tried that here.

I'd imagine that's an industry in itself
I would not be surprised if a lot of things for sale on Amazon, EBay and Craigslist were obtained this way. Certainly is on the news constantly.

“Porch pirates” are pretty common nowadays in the US.

Fu*k porch pirates!! I have a new prediction. Thiefs with hacker skills will dress up as Amazon/postal delivery workers and gain entry to your home and car. Remember, when you eventually hear this on the news, you heard it here first! :smuggrin:

"Mrs. Dashmellow" who has prior professional fashion design experience and all the connections to make it happen tells me she could produce a very convincing Amazon/FedEx/UPS type delivery guy/gal costume prototype in a matter of weeks.

When I got all excited by the idea, she looked at me with a raised eyebrow and said, "No"! :giggle:

Last edited:
Back