anybody knows if "Spy Tec" of NYC is still in business?

SandyM

Reaction score
Country
United States
anybody knows if "Spy Tec" of NYC is still in business? AFAIK, there is no holiday during the last few days for any religion or nationality.... :(

I'm having problems with a dash cam accessory order from a couple of weeks ago.

I've been calling and emailing them several times every single day since last Wednesday and got zero response.

PayPal told me to wait another week and if I still can't get a response, I can file a dispute then.... does anyone know how PayPal handles these non-eBay purchases?

Thanks! :)

are they not answering the phone at all?

I've been calling twice a day since last Wednesady, both the local the toll-free numbers.... it just kept playing the on-hold music..

Emails also went unanswered... (sent via their website, as well directly to info@spytecinc.com)

After a whole week, I've given up and filed a dispute with PayPay an hour ago.

Yeah I got a good vibe from them, shame. I hope it's just some fluke. (small business family emergency?) I guess we'll find out at some point. I asked them last week to chime in on the Mini 0801. (both PM, and in their Vendor Thread) They never responded to me as well. They were on top of things just 2 weeks ago, strange.

I just emailed them to see what was up. Apparently a number of the employees are in Shenzhen China and Hong Kong for trade shows. They are not aware of any problem but maybe there is something wrong with their phone systems. They will look into it and hopefully post here with an update.

I just had an email back from one if the senior staff there also, they were quite embarrassed that this had slipped through the cracks, they did mention they would be chasing it up ASAP but are travelling at the moment and had restricted access, I'm sure they'll follow up shortly

SpyTec just responded to my PM from last week.

"Hi, I am currently in Shenzhen and don't have as much time to answer these messages. We are getting the mini 0801 from the original factory that created it. I have no idea which factory givoe or eprance get it from. We have not received our shipment yet(held up in customs) so I am not sure about which firmware it ships with but I will be seeing our contact in the company next week and will ask them!
Thanks for your questions."

I understand everyone is busy getting ready for the Hong Kong show. I didn't know SpyTec flew over there directly. I assumed it was just a low key re-seller operation in NYC. Nice!

They also said: "Yes, we have to come here at least twice a year. Thankfully I love the food as much as the electronics!"

Thanks for the follow ups here by Jazjon and jokiin.

Sandy, I have no idea what happened re: your calls and emails but if you pm me with your order # or email address I can contact our staff back in NY and get to the bottom of this and get somebody to answer your question asap. I appreciate your patience and assure you that we are still very much in business!

Back