Battery Drain if car isn't driven

rounj02

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone happen to know if the red LED on the HK4 hardwire kit stays on all the time?

I've noticed mine does and is warm to the touch even with the ignition off and even no camera attached. I'm trying to find the issue with my car having battery drain if it's not used for a day, I've had 2 replacement kits so far, it's hardwired to under the bonnet by an auto electrician. I've tried all the settings on the hardwire kit, and played around with the parking mode and it's made no difference.

I'm thinking shall i just use this camera without parking mode or maybe just power it via the cigarette lighter to get it working, the last time this really messed up it wrecked my car battery and also took out 2x abs sensors.

Any help is appreciated, I see allot of people seem to have issues with the kits off reviews if I can't get it resolved I think i'll just sell the camera set.

The red led will remain lit while there is power to the red wire. There are two scenarios where the light will go out. 1) You lose power to the red wire. 2) The battery voltage drops below the set voltage on the low voltage cut off switch.

Does anyone happen to know if the red LED on the HK4 hardwire kit stays on all the time?

I've noticed mine does and is warm to the touch even with the ignition off and even no camera attached. I'm trying to find the issue with my car having battery drain if it's not used for a day, I've had 2 replacement kits so far, it's hardwired to under the bonnet by an auto electrician. I've tried all the settings on the hardwire kit, and played around with the parking mode and it's made no difference.

I'm thinking shall i just use this camera without parking mode or maybe just power it via the cigarette lighter to get it working, the last time this really messed up it wrecked my car battery and also took out 2x abs sensors.

Any help is appreciated, I see allot of people seem to have issues with the kits off reviews if I can't get it resolved I think i'll just sell the camera set.
The kits never turns off.
Best case scenario it will draw what is known as parasitic or standby power.

So yes it can drain your battery.
If your battery is in good condition it should be fine for days.

I don't see how it could damage the ABS sensors.

The kits never turns off.
Best case scenario it will draw what is known as parasitic or standby power.

So yes it can drain your battery.
If your battery is in good condition it should be fine for days.

I don't see how it could damage the ABS sensors.
So it's normal to always see the red light on then.

The recovery guy who came out to me when i had the ABS faults on my dash mentioned that the battery was 7 years old, and the levels had dropped down just enough to start the car and some instances if sensors were not getting the required power to them they can throw up errors.

The trip home cleared the faults for the time being but they started to appear more frequently until I replaced/coded the new battery and swapped out the abs sensors for new ones.

In my experience, cars do weird things with low batteries.

Do you have a time limit set on your parking mode, if you're using parking mode? It wears out the battery a lot if you have it on for more than a few hours.

I've tried all the settings yes. I'm currently seeing how the car behaves with the hardwire kit in place and no cameras plugged in at all to see I get any Battery drain errors occur.

From Viofo - Only when the parking recording timer ends or the low volatge protection is activated, then the red light on the HK4 will shut off, otherwise the red light will stay on.

I'm trying to find the issue with my car having battery drain if it's not used for a day, I've had 2 replacement kits so far, it's hardwired to under the bonnet by an auto electrician.

Have you found what is draining the battery?

Got to be the camera, will try it next without parking mode enabled to see how it goes.

With parking mode disabled I don't receive any messages about the battery drain at all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chrismaslee A229 / A229 Duo 10
Back