TechCop1

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello Folks!

I was excited to get this unit...

BUT

I am having some pain in the A$$ issues with this camera

First I read that everyone set the power magic pro to 12V and never had issues, well, I went to start the car today...Battery DEAD
So I put it up to the next setting for juice and readjusted the sensitivity and motion settings to 50%...After I got a jump from someone!

NEXT

Can someone share their motion and sensitivity settings?

Also, should I have Auto Switching to Parking Mode on or off? (I have it on?)
Also, despite having my local time (city) selected from the menu options, the time is 8hrs fast??? (and the date is wrong)

Also, when I shut car off, parking mode and power magic should take over right?...Well, the camera still gets power, but the solid blue light stays on and on and on and the orange recording light also keeps flashing...And on top of that the flashing front LED (for security) never does come on...So IDK what is going on...Every now and then while driving it will beep and switches to EVENT...Car was parked all day minus a few test runs...I have 60 normal recordings (I drove about 5 miles total to test) and 10 events...NO Parking Mode files...I guess that is why the security LED does not work in park mode as it never records in park mode for some reason

I am attaching pics of my settings

Basically nothing is accurate or right except for the GPS (speed and maps)
Nothing else works properly that I can see...The app is not even compatible with my phone
Quality is decent, but that is all!

My wiring is fine (ground, power and standby)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 13
Do you have power magic pro installed?

Do you have power magic pro installed?

seems so
First I read that everyone set the power magic pro to 12V and never had issues, well, I went to start the car today...Battery DEAD
So I put it up to the next setting for juice and readjusted the sensitivity and motion settings to 50%...After I got a jump from someone!

Hmmm seems some don't read whats written. He said he has Power Magic set at 12v.

To OP You have WIFI turned off You have region zone set to Bermuda Which I suspect wont correlate to wherever you are in Canada Lower your sensitivity settings for bumps etc.

Turn off all the LEDs and audible alarm for events.
ITS NOT AN EPIC PRODUCING camera its for recording incidents and as such is adequate for its purpose

Tell us where in Canada you are as there are several time zones across the country, or was last year when I was there.

If you have the wrong one set it will be well out in time and even date. Are you sure you have wires connected correctly.

They are marked with stickers.

Set Parking mode to turn off in an hour and after that go and pull card out and see what its doing. If there is no motion it will sleep until there is and then record. In a garage it will just show the wall for a few minutes and then go to sleep.

Hmmm seems some don't read whats written. He said he has Power Magic set at 12v.

To OP You have WIFI turned off You have region zone set to Bermuda Which I suspect wont correlate to wherever you are in Canada Lower your sensitivity settings for bumps etc.

Turn off all the LEDs and audible alarm for events.
Also you have quality set to normal Put it up to highest. ITS NOT AN EPIC PRODUCING camera its for recording incidents and as such is adequate for its purpose

Tell us where in Canada you are as there are several time zones across the country, or was last year when I was there.

If you have the wrong one set it will be well out in time and even date. Are you sure you have wires connected correctly.

They are marked with stickers.

Set Parking mode to turn off in an hour and after that go and pull card out and see what its doing. If there is no motion it will sleep until there is and then record. In a garage it will just show the wall for a few minutes and then go to sleep.

I had to up from 12V to 22 or 23 or whatever it is as it drained my battery

So WIFI should always be on?
I tried the 3 closest to me (Moncton, Glace Bay and Halifax and all are off between 6-8hrs)
So I just tried Bermuda

Should the normal and parking sensitivity be the same or differ?...Should I set them to about 25%?

I am in Antigonish NS, so all 3 time zones should have worked but they didn't.

Yes wires are done correctly...Yellow to Constant, Black to ground and Red to Key Power

How do I set parking mode to off in 1 hr?...It is parked outside and it is snowing...

Don't leave the LED light on for parking mode either?

Download the manual for the power magic would be a good start as you have F'd it up . (See parking time setting)
Get manuals from the Blackvue site for both the camera and PM

Don't leave ANY LEDS ON

23v is if its running in a truck

Find a city like NY or another big one in your time zone and set it and go for a drive for 1/2 an hour to let it orient itself

If its snowing it probably is having trouble seeing a satellite
The sensitivity settings for travel and parking are different less for travel and more for parking. Set motion detection in parking at about 25% collision at about 50%
Brightness at about 75%

RTFM.!!!!!

Updated settings attached
Anything else need to be changed that you guys can see?
Thanks for the replies!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    27 KB · Views: 20
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 19
Updated settings attached
Anything else need to be changed that you guys can see?
Thanks for the replies!

Turn brightness up a bit Turn on Start normal recording and Quit notification Always helps to know its actually alive

Download the manual for the power magic would be a good start as you have F'd it up . (See parking time setting)
Get manuals from the Blackvue site for both the camera and PM

Don't leave ANY LEDS ON

23v is if its running in a truck

Find a city like NY or another big one in your time zone and set it and go for a drive for 1/2 an hour to let it orient itself

If its snowing it probably is having trouble seeing a satellite
The sensitivity settings for travel and parking are different less for travel and more for parking. Set motion detection in parking at about 25% collision at about 50%
Brightness at about 75%

RTFM.!!!!!

Adjusted (sensitivity, brightness and LEDs) since last pics

And according to the manual I have, the wires ARE connected right?

Attachments

• manual_powermagicpro_en_v1.02_121008.jpg
    manual_powermagicpro_en_v1.02_121008.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 14
My red is connected to my ACC outlet and my yellow is connected to a constant power source slot in my fuse box which is "empty" from factory

If 23V is for a truck then what do I set my car to?
As it was set to 12V before and it killed my 6 month old battery overnight?

If 23V is for a truck then what do I set my car to?
As it was set to 12V before and it killed my 6 month old battery overnight?

Well anything above 12 wont work anyway would probably just cut the power permanently
A truck has a 24v battery that's what the other is for

All switches up are 12v cutoff and 6 hrs parking mode then turn off 12 hours is r/h switch down.
I don't have a PRO, only an ordinary one and can adjust parking from 1 hour up wards

Something is wrong as it shouldn't run a battery flat over 12 hours. Mine is set on 11.6 and I only use the car about once a fortnight and in 2 years have never had a flat battery and have 2 cameras running Parking is set at 1 hr as that's enough as car is always in garage at night

A FULL manual is available for both on the Blackvue site.

Last edited:
I would set Autorun Wifi to off, unless you are driving down the road watching your cellphone ;)

I would set Autorun Wifi to off, unless you are driving down the road watching your cellphone ;)

Alternatively I leave Wifi off on the phone as it uses less battery that way.

Doesn't matter on the camera and easier to turn on the phone as if its off in the camera you wont be able to access it to turn it on would you???? Other than with the button on the camera which is a pain to have to do

Last edited:
I would say we have the possibility of two issues here.

1. There is something wrong with the connections. Get your multimeter out and check that you are getting a live and an ignition from the correct areas of the plug with the vehicle on and off.
2. You have a faulty Power Magic Pro and it's not shutting down the camera. What timer setting do you have it on?

Its a bit hard to do that as if you have it in parking mode it stays live till that shuts down.
I thought I had a faulty one as I kept getting power with either one connected. then I realized that I would as the parking mode would keep the power on till it shut down.

Had to leave it for an hour to find out THe minimum on a PM PRO is 6 hours whereas the standard one is an hour much better

I recently encounter that parking mode does not activate even though the setting is correct. No parking mode video file for me too. Appreciate if anyone can share how to resolve this issue. Thanks.

I recently encounter that parking mode does not activate even though the setting is correct. No parking mode video file for me too. Appreciate if anyone can share how to resolve this issue. Thanks.

If nothing moved in the cameras vision there would be no files to see

Back