Broken DVR-027 HD720P

Dashman13

Reaction score
Hey Dash Camers!
I hope everyone out there is having better luck with this thing than I am.
I just purchased this it from E-Bay for $60 and have been thrilled with it until today.
I finally figured out how to set it up and have been recording for five days.
Today we went for a drive and after about an hour it made the "jingle" sound and turned itself off so I thought the flash-card was full.
When I got back to my computer, I checked the card, reviewed and deleted the recordings and re-installed it into the Dash-Cam.
It turns on, shows the welcome screen and goes black. I can turn it on again but it never boots up or lets me go to menue or anything.
Has anyone else experienced this or know what to do about it ?????

When you pulled the memory card was the unit powered on?

Try a battery pull to reset the system?

Hello! I had a similar issue with the camera powering on, and then powering off when connected to the power adapter. Please see this post:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=763&p=7477#p7477

My camera would work normally on battery. Does your camera exhibit the same behavior when running off the internal battery?

I would recommend removing the SD card and powering on the device. If it seems to be working normally without the memory card installed, then format the SD card on your PC and try again.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank's for the feed-back.
I have tried everything suggested and nothing works, the unit chimes, the welcome screen powers-up then shuts off.
Things I have tried:
* Removed and reinstalled the battery
* Re-did the Flash Card
* Tried a new Flash Card from my movie/photo camera
* Dash power only
* Battery only
* Brought the Dash-Can in the house to let the temperature balance out.
* We were driving with the air on but it was sunny - so I thought it might have over-heated or something.
The unit shut down while I was driving. It was set for 10 min. recording time.
When I checked the flash card on my laptop it was 3/4 full and all recording looked great.

Thanks for all the feed-back. I was thinking I had something set wrong but now I think it may be broken.

A bad memory card will cause the unit to shut down. Have you tried a different memory card?

Back