Cellink Neo info or advice

Gbows

Reaction score
Country
United States
Considering getting Cellink Neo external battery for Thinkware U1000 2Ch. Here is where in confused. I understand the camera will work off external battery when vehicle is off. What happens after external battery drains will the dash camera draw power from vehicle battery when vehicle is off? I park my vehicle for several days just don't want to deal with a dead car battery. Any info or advice appreciated. Thanks Greg

As I understand it, when the Neo battery runs out of juice the power to the cam drops and recording stops. I don't think it reverts to the car battery at that point by default though it may be possible to configure it that way. In any case, the HWK of the camera itself should protect the car battery however things are configured.

Phil

Thank you Phil. That's what I assumed as well. Just wanted to make sure before purchasing. Appreciate info.
Greg
;

The input power to the dash cam battery pack is from an accessory (switched) power source. That's so the dash cam battery pack's battery only charges while the vehicle's engine and charging system are active.

The output power side of the dash cam battery pack provides constant (battery) power, accessory power along with the ground. The output constant power is provided by the battery inside of the dash cam battery pack. The output accessory power is source from the input side's accessory power, but that is turned off when the vehicle's engine/ignition switch is turned off.

Back