Chinese DVR007 problem

Darthvagrant

Reaction score
Anyone around?
I just acquired a DVR007, confirming it is the "good kind" (as opposed to knock-offs).
It records beautifully, the videos viewed on my PC are great. It does all ir's supposed to
EXCEPT:.....THE PROBLEM-When I attempt to view the video(s) in the camera on the
camera's screen, these are the directions: “Turn on the DVR and press Mode Button
twice to enter into Preview mode, Press UP or Down to select the previewed file folder
and enter into the index by pressing REC button”. THIS DOES NOT WORK ! ! When
this is done, it takes me to a camera brightness setting from EV+20 to EV-20. It does
NOT create any ability to view the existing recorded folders. No place in the directions
does it mention a brightness level setting. It would seem that the directions in the
manual DO NOT match the function(s) of the camera.

HOW DO I VIEW THE EXISTING VIDEOS IN THE CAMERA'S SCREEN?
Amyone? Ideas? I am temporairly using a SD/HC 8GB card, speed unknown.

Now a NEW issue has arisen. The HDMI port seems to be fake. If it's
a REALport, it apparently isn't hooked up to anything on the camera board. It is
absolutely dead! I think E Bay "estore009" got to me afterall. I did see this issue
mentioned in some forum somewhere. Comments anyone?

Re: DVR007: Got my answer from the seller. I'm good to go now, was a
****pit failure.

Darthvagrant said:
Anyone around?
I just acquired a DVR007, confirming it is the "good kind" (as opposed to knock-offs).
I'm interested in one of these cameras. Could you give me a link for where you got yours?

Thanks.

super max said:
Darthvagrant said:
Anyone around?
I'm interested in one of these cameras. Could you give me a link for where you got yours?

Thanks.

it´s have a gap 2-3 sec bettween videos , witch means if you crash your car in those lack seccounds , you have no data of accident :mrgreen:
recommend you check the DVR-207 , they fixed the problem
http://dashcamtalk.com/dvr-207/

Last edited by a moderator:
by the way , those cams not worthy , it´s cheap but quality is bare usable.

have a lot options cheap on market whit true 1080 and better picture.

example Mobius.

GeorgesNJR said:
by the way , those cams not worthy , it´s cheap but quality is bare usable.

have a lot options cheap on market whit true 1080 and better picture.

example Mobius.
The 207 is crap picture, the 027/007 is a bit better.

still , can be used at day but very bad at night :?
but major problem on my honest opinion and makes me dislike any 00 series is the Gap.
makes me turn head is the gap , we drive here at 70-80km/h most of streets , means 2-3 BOOM a Crash happened , wait where is the data , oh no the gap.
thats what makes me do a big no on this cameras , camera has function record any prove evidence can help you on trouble , if it´s fail on duty , it´s a bad soldier.
them i stop to think about , worthy the price for the risk ? or better spend slight more and get something better.

example Blackview G1W one of GT300/LS300W clones cust 70.00/74.99 bucks the 047 cust $59.90 , witch means close 14 bucks extra.
them you have a 1080P Aptina 0330 Novatek NT96650 chipset and WDR , witch means other world if compared whit a 047.

GeorgesNJR said:
still , can be used at day but very bad at night :?
but major problem on my honest opinion and makes me dislike any 00 series is the Gap.
makes me turn head is the gap , we drive here at 70-80km/h most of streets , means 2-3 BOOM a Crash happened , wait where is the data , oh no the gap.
thats what makes me do a big no on this cameras , camera has function record any prove evidence can help you on trouble , if it´s fail on duty , it´s a bad soldier.
them i stop to think about , worthy the price for the risk ? or better spend slight more and get something better.

example Blackview G1W one of GT300/LS300W clones cust 70.00/74.99 bucks the 047 cust $59.90 , witch means close 14 bucks extra.
them you have a 1080P Aptina 0330 Novatek NT96650 chipset and WDR , witch means other world if compared whit a 047.
2-3 seconds isn't all that bad. My cam has a 6-7 sec jump with glitching and freezing sometimes :cry:

I think the seamless or no-gap recording is a MUST-HAVE basic function,
these who can't make it are not worthy to buy at all,
what you need to do is to find some real users' review to see if the dashcam really does,
because every dealer will claim the dashcam they sell are with no-gap recording,
and I wonder how many of these are true.

My DVR-007 is one of the legit ones (true 720p etc.), but loses time consistently. Quite annoying, as accurate clocks are everywhere (even my fridge has on inside for some reason). It's probably not critical, unless I ended up in court or something, but ya gotta wonder how something so simple as reasonably accurate time keeping can go wrong in this day and age.

As GeorgesNJR has mentioned even with a class 10 card there is a 2 second or so gap while the camera starts the next 5 min clip, and at night time the camera likes to "crush dark areas to complete blackness" witch makes it not great to use at night.

If you do not have a bigger budget i would try to at least get a 100 dollar or so camera that is a little better. The DVR-027/007 is decent in the day time if you really can't stretch your budget. Also watch when using the menu and then going back to record mode. Sometimes that can cause the picture to be fuzzy and the camera needs to be turned off and on again or have a flash light shined into it to re adjust.

Back