complaining about traffic lights

adorfer

Reaction score
Country
Germany
what a shame if others have a green light and the right of way.
(no accident, no road rage)

the entitlement attitude of cyclists is never-ending. i'm glad dashcams are becoming more common so when these stupid cyclists get run over, it will be easier to prove that they were at fault, so the mindless prosecution of the "evil motorists" can stop.

It's not all of them. But those cyclists who do think that way genuinely believe they can do what they like and EVERYONE should give way to them.

"I'm vulnerable! You mustn't hurt me! You must take the blame for any accident! So I can do what I want!"
It's a completely childish mentality.

the entitlement attitude of cyclists is never-ending. i'm glad dashcams are becoming more common so when these stupid cyclists get run over, it will be easier to prove that they were at fault, so the mindless prosecution of the "evil motorists" can stop.
Sadly, the motorist still gets punished.
My youngest knocked a cyclist off whilst turning left. he was in a queue of slow-ish traffic, clearly indicating his intention to turn left & a cyclist rode up his inside just as he started the turn.
Insurance paid the cyclist without batting an eyelid.
I complained on my son's behalf - after all, he may not lose his no claims (protected) but his premiums would skyrocket. Seemingly, they tend to pay out. the guy told me that a court case involving a car going through green, hitting a cyclist going through red ended with them paying a lot of compo to the cyclist plus added expenses of legal costs.
As far as the law is concerned, it's down to the car driver to be aware of potential hazards, even when those hazards suddenly appear from nowhere.

What hope for the future of mankind?

But cyclists keep saying they are on vehicles, and have equal rights. Why don't they have equal responsibilities?

In all seriousness, we need to start prosecuting "vulnerable" road users when they cause collisions. It doesn't matter that they are already punished by their injuries. Justice needs to be done by identifying the guilty, even if no additional penalty is considered necessary.

In the long run, if they get the message that they will be held accountable for their recklessness, we will protect them from themselves.

exactly! it's why we don't feel bad for slapping a child's hand as he reaches up to a hot stove. yeah, you hurt his hand, but it could have been a lot worse.

ticket cyclists when they run red lights. ticket them when they make unsafe lane changes. maybe start requiring registration (license plates) and through that, they have to pay the road taxes just like other vehicles that use the roads, so that when they do a hit and run, we'll at least have some chance of identifying them. at the very least, require a driving test and issue a license, then if you're caught riding without one, that's another fine on top of whatever it is you did that made you get caught in the first place.

pedestrians have been ticketed for jaywalking, so why not bust these idiot bikers too?

Back