Complete Review of G1W-C CAPACITOR based dash camera NT96650 + AR0330 1080p / 30Fps

My G1W-C is still functioning even in high heat conditions lately in Southern California. I don't go through the menus very often, so it is like learning from scratch each time I have to reset the clock/time (which occurs every so often). The date/time resets back to 2000, but fortunately, the other camera settings are retained. I drive daily, so the time/date settings being lost aren't due to the dash cam sitting idle for days.

I also haven't fully committed to my memory how to retrieve a certain video clip while on the camera, such as if/when I would have to show a police officer that the other driver is at fault after a collision........ I suppose I should practice more!

Mine is acting up to with the reset back to year 2000. It happens like one every 2 weeks and its not because it hasn't been used for a long time. I use it on all weekdays and don't see this issue on Monday. It usually just happen randomly without explanation.

I just got the camera.
It is stuck on recording mode.
I can enter the menu and switch between modes only if I take out the sd card(32gb samsung class 10).
When I insert the card back the camera turns off and when its back on it starts recording by itself and stuck on recording mode.
If I try to enter the menu a key image is popping on the screen.
please help.

Is there some new firmware for the G1W-C already? I hate it that the cam doesn't save the date/time/registration number and that it suddenly shuts down instead of normal shutdown(last video files are always corrupt).

Sounds like a dead capacitor to me. Usually it saves a little bit of energy so settings like time and date stay saved and it can shut down by itself without corrupting the file

It keeps running for 4-5 secs when I turn off the power in the car. So the capacitor do hold power....

As one of the biggest of dash cam ebay sellers,we sell original factory with our brand "blueskysea®”,quality warrranty:

About the Suggestions / Recommendations on what can be improved from Dashcamtalk:
1.- Sound "waving", high pitch noise on the background, which is typical for most NT96650 based dash cameras", - till now most NT96650 dash cameras still have it and it has not been yet resolved, so I guess just need to get used to it, but of course it would be nice if manufacturer could solve this.
Answer:our engineer have already solved the problem,and strictly test one by one before shipping.
2."Fussy" to some memory cards:
Answer:best way is to avoid Sandisk and Cheap "No-name" branded microsd cards and go with tested Transcend.

There are more FAQ from customers below,we hope it can help you:
1,Why the cam doesn't save the date/time/registration number ?This is the Capacitor Vision G1W camera,it has no built-in battery,it can save your setting param for a 15-30mins about after engine off!But please pay attention if you find it suddenly shuts down instead of normal shutdown last video files are always corrupt,maybe it caused by dead Capacitor.

2,Camera can not work and display "CARD ERROR",And changed 3 cards,still can not work?
All cameras had been inspected before shipping out,and we can conclude that this is the compatiblity of camera with your memory card if camera can display correctly after power on without any memory card!
And we get this experience from our test,it can work with these card: Sandisck Brand,Transcend Brand,PNY brand from Class 4 or Class 6,class 10;

3,Why camera can not take recording after plug into camera,or just black screen after plug into camera?
Mostly possible reason is this memory card can not compatible with this camera;So you need to have a test in this simple way:
Remove memory card form camera-----plug into car cig lighter------- check if its camera screen can light up or not?--------If yes,please change other brand Memory card or just format this memory card by your computer with FAT32 partition;
If its screen can not light up after remove memory card,this is the problem of its camera itself,and please send its camera back for replacement or refund!

4,Why we can not playback video files from this camera? Or why our computer can not read its last video section,but other section is ok to read?
Just one simple way to test it: Please have a try to playback it directly on camera screen;If it can playback on its camera screen,we conclude that this is the problem of its media player on your computer or your SD adapter;
We recommend you this VLC player,and also,please copy our video files to your computer hard disc,for example,C-disk.
And there is one buyer experience for you references:
"Found the problem - it's the Sandisk supplied SD adapter that I was using to read the files! I switched to a cheap third-party multi-format reader (SD, micro-sd, and CF) and copying the files to the Mac gives me H264 encoded MOV files that can be viewed with VLC.

To check I plugged the Sandisk card back into the Sandisk adapter and the file copy appears to work but the file contents are messed up somehow. The Sandisk adapter is going straight into the garbage! "

5,When making setting param,why camera jump twice only one touch?
After our testing,we find this is the problem of its memory card;
Please change the other memory card!

Our Ebay estore009 link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/131208541342
Our Amazon link:
1.https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00KVC7ASW2.https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00KMUBXO0
Our aliexpress:

Hi, I bought the g1w-c from estore009.

The camera does not save the settings I select after turning off the car. I've set it to stop beeping, and to have the screensaver turn on in 3 minutes. But after turning off the car, and even turning it on right away, causes the settings to go back to default. The only setting that saves is the date/time.

Any advice or insight is appreciated, thank you.

Edit: front case has "blueskysea" painted which is different from case mentioned in 1st page. Using firmware 2013.1126.16

Last edited:
the review is based on the product supplied by Foxoffer, there's nothing to suggest that the estore009 version is the same

Hi Guys,

I have G1W, it all the time records in "night mode" front light is always on. How should I off the light? or make it automatical?

One more questions, it has feature to record in 1080FHD and 1080p quality. Which do you recommend and what is the difference?

Thanks in advance.

I have the G1W-C purchased from FoxOffer. It came with firmware 2013.05237.01 and I am coming across two major issues. The first is that the date and time settings are being lost when I drive the car daily. After the last time they were lost, I was no longer able to change the day and month for the date, only the year. After playing around with the date format settings (ie changing it from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYY/MM/DD) I was able to change the month and day, but that seems like a bug in the firmware. Can I look for and use the firmware listed for the G1W?

Guys, I just found out that both my brand new Gwc-1 produces GPS interference high enough to affect my phone (waze).

Exactly the same as with the mobius (in that review there is a video about this).

Any ideas on how to fix this.?

Hi All,
Just bought a G1W-C from eStore and I know it's the original/real thing judging by others experiences here. However:

1) When I unplug the USB cable from the dashcam, it says Goodbye and shutdown. According to the manual, the power indicator light should go blue when fully charged which takes 2 to 3 hours according to the manual but I had it plugged in for almost 4 hours and it stayed red.
2) How long is the capacitor supposed to hold charge? Mine shuts down in 1 second. Is that normal? My power indicator on the bottom right hand corner continuously flashes.
3) What's the use of the G-Sensor exactly?
4) What's the use of the Motion Sensor exactly?
5) I'd like to have the recording turned on continuously and not keeping shutting down occasionally. I still can't figure out why it's doing this!
6) Is there any real advantage of using 720p 60FPS compared to 720p 30FPS? I'm sticking to 720p to save space (using a Transcend Class 10 16GB MicroSD card, as recommended by many users and reviewers)

It should shutdown within a second, that's normal, sounds like the manual is a copy and paste from the battery version of this product, ignore the bit about charging

Personally not a fan of 720p as the detail is lacking, 720p60 is not true on these so I wouldn't bother with that, likewise turn motion detect off, it doesn't work effectively on these either

G-Sensor will automatically write protect currently recording file if triggered

Thanks, I made the changes. What does the Loop Timer do? And the IR isn't really IR, it's just a white flash!

IR doesn't work so no loss, the white light is really only useful for taking still pictures in the dark, no other use

Loop timer just determines the size of each recording segment, once the memory card fills up it will delete the oldest segment, if you turn loop off when the card fills up it will stop recording

Ah, thanks! Struggled to enter my number plate with the limited amount of buttons but finally got it done.

I purchased this from Amazon (Sold by: Spy Tec)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00JJ3SQRI
I am pleased with everything except that the settings are lost overnight when the unit is unplugged. Does everyone have this problem?

I am considering returning it and ordering a replacement.

Thanks

niko,

why doesn't my night vision video look as clear as yours?

when the car in front of me brakes, his brake lights bleed.
here's something like it:

IMG_6583.jpg

mines is set to 1080p, exposure = 0.

any help?
THX!

Back