CUSTOM FEES TO THE USA

DONS459

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone ordering from the USA, Did you have to pay duties when their dvr was delivered?

Also what is the lates firmware on the GS2000?

DONS459 said:
Anyone ordering from the USA, Did you have to pay duties when their dvr was delivered?

Also what is the lates firmware on the GS2000?

the fee, if applicable (I think) is based on the price you pay

different sellers may have different firmware version, that are not always compatible from one cam to another

Hi DONS459,

From my experience, custom fees are unlikely. Most of the vendors know what they are doing when declaring the package. :)

DashCamMan said:
Hi DONS459,

From my experience, custom fees are unlikely. Most of the vendors know what they are doing when declaring the package. :)

is there a pre set limit do you know, in Australia anything less than $1000 is exempt so very straightforward

say for example I needed to send a cam to the US, how best to mark it for customs purposes, any idea?

I have purchased many items from around the world and have never paid any import or duty tax. Customs will only check if a package is restricted which electronics do not apply.

I believe the pre-set limit in the US is $200. Here it states "Most personal shipments worth up to $200, and gift packages worth up to $100, will pass duty-free".

For Canada, $20 or less is duty free for regular items. For gifts, it is $60 or less.

I imagine every country is different.

DashCamMan said:
I believe the pre-set limit in the US is $200. Here it states "Most personal shipments worth up to $200, and gift packages worth up to $100, will pass duty-free".

For Canada, $20 or less is duty free for regular items. For gifts, it is $60 or less.

I imagine every country is different.

thanks, helps understand why some price points are desirable, looking at some options and it helps to understand the market better

Back