D33 Super Mini

Strange.
Watchin at the video, - it looks smooth, but if looking file properties from Windows direct file ( VLC ), then it shows 2.3Mbps, but KMPlayer shows 15Mbps ?! ??

KMP.jpg
VLC.jpg

Thanks billknow and jokiin for your interesting replies.

You know jokiin, based on many of your comments and interesting observations about the Chinese approach to the manufacture and marketing of many of these kind of products I'm trying to fathom the "Chinese mindset" that leads to such things as silk screening faux labels onto chips inside of a product that most consumers will never even see. There is obviously some cost for labor and materials as well as the dedication of specialized equipment involved to do such silk screening. What is the real point to this if the chips provide acceptable performance regardless of their origin? One might think that the money spent doing this could be better spent elsewhere in the development of a better product or not spent on this kind of thing at all so as to increase profits.

Last edited:
You know jokiin, based on many of your comments and interesting observations about the Chinese approach to the manufacture and marketing of many of these kind of products I'm trying to fathom the "Chinese mindset" that leads to such things as silk screening faux labels onto chips inside of a product that most consumers will never even see. There is obviously some cost for labor and materials as well as the dedication of specialized equipment involved to do such silk screening. What is the real point to this if the chips provided acceptable performance regardless of their origin? One might think that the money spent doing this could be better spent elsewhere in the development of a better product or not spent on this kind of thing at all so as to increase profits.

I don't believe the idea of silk screening the chipset is a Chinese one, for those that are doing it I believe it's at the customers request and the target market is Russia, pretty much anything that gets sold there gets pulled apart and looked at so I guess they see some type of advantage in doing it, realistically they don't get away with it for long, once anyone gets hold of firmware and starts disassembling it they soon find references to what it really is

I see. Thank you for the explanation.......Still seems like twisted logic to me but the global marketplace has its own kind of logic, I guess.

there are three models in this mini 800 series, same inside. 45.8*45.8*20.5mm.
the ICs are remarked for patent reason.
the bit rate is around 14 to 15 Mbps.

3.jpg

the ICs are remarked for patent reason.

Thank you for your enlightening post! I can certainly appreciate the idea of protecting a patent but I'm still not clear on the logic of remarking a chip with a "different" logo. Why not just remove any identifying marks on the IC and leave it at that? Wouldn't this be a more ethical way of doing business while still achieving your stated purpose? People will ultimately judge a device by the way it performs more than what brand names appear on the PCB.

I will recheck the chipset.
I think it is AIT solution according to the menu, and I asked some suppliers they also told me it is AIT solution.

I've never looked at it but AIT was my guess based on what was shown, results look similar to A2 + OV2710 which if the price is good is certainly acceptable

I think end buyer doesnt matter which solution used, as long as price per value is right ( form-factor, video quality, reliability ).

Strange.
Watchin at the video, - it looks smooth, but if looking file properties from Windows direct file ( VLC ), then it shows 2.3Mbps, but KMPlayer shows 15Mbps ?! ??

View attachment 2170
View attachment 2169

I think it might be an "issue" with AIT CPU "bug?" where VLC windows properties reads wrong bit-rate ( 2.3Mbps ), but KM Player shows correct one ( 15Mbps ).
I had Acco E20 based on AIT and it had same issue showing wrong properties ( bit-rate ) same way: 2.3Mbps on VLC vs 15Mbps on KMPlayer.

file size tells you it's not really a low bitrate, around 100mb per minute is generally around 15Mbit/sec, AVI always seems to read wrong for some reason

file size tells you it's not really a low bitrate, around 100mb per minute is generally around 15Mbit/sec, AVI always seems to read wrong for some reason

yes, AVI need different approach some time than other files extensions. Even editing files AVI gives more troubles than MOV.

yeah AVI is a format I'd rather avoid
Unfort most trully good high-end Korean dashcams recording in AVI ( probably because of using TI or Coach, Cortex CPU ? ), but Its also depends on dashcam firmware how its processes data. Some korean dashcams AVI files are very easy to work with, but some giving trouble with playback, video editor freezes, etc.
Hope D33 has good firmware that processes AVI file so no troubles for end user. We will see it after tests.

Back