Differences between SG9665GC and SG9665GC V2 ?

WomblingFree

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Can anyone tell me what differences there are between the SG9665GC and SG9665GC V2 ?

There were always incremental improvements each SG9665GC production since early 2015. Around the end of 2015 a special new factory sensor calibration required a different component which forced us to fork the firmware into V1 and V2. V2 is the latest and greatest iteration of the SG9665GC. The latest V1 and V2 firmware features are the same for now as of today, but could change in the future.

Thanks for that.
How can you tell them apart? Looking at buying a 2nd hand SG9665GC but the seller has no idea if its a V2. Supposedly only about 4 months old if thats to be believed.

V2 =

For camera serial numbers from SGGC-Bxxxxxxxx

Settings menu display version number SG20xxxxxx.V2

V1=

For camera serial numbers SB15xxxxx through to SGGCxxxxxxxx

Settings menu display version number SG20xxxxxx.002 and SG20xxxxxx.V1

The latest V1 and V2 firmware features are the same for now as of today, but could change in the future.
Does this mean the V1 also supports up to 200GB memory cards?

I don't remember that being the case when I bought my V1 a year ago, but I've still got a 128GB card from my old Lukas camera that I'd love to be able to call back into service.

Does this mean the V1 also supports up to 200GB memory cards?

I don't remember that being the case when I bought my V1 a year ago, but I've still got a 128GB card from my old Lukas camera that I'd love to be able to call back into service.

it wasn't possible a year ago, some updates to the SDK since then have allowed us to make some changes to support larger cards

The one from his old Lukas...:D

Noo, not on the head please, I'm almost bald so scars show...

oddly enough I had guessed that, was still wondering what make and model it was though :)
Sorry, haven't logged in for a while.
Bit of a moot point on the memory card from my old Lukas ... not even a microSD. :rolleyes:

Back