Don't see files in sd card folder

Adak17

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently got a A119 and when I try to view the sd card files on my PC, it doesn't show anything on the folder. Even though when I check the storage of the card, I see that a bit of space is being taken by something, presumably the video files but they are not visible. I have tried The SD card is a Samsung EVO+ 32GB. Weird thing is that when I try a Kingston 16GB in the A119 or use the EVO in a different dashcam, the videos show up, but nothing when the evo and a119 are used together. Have tried formatting the card several times using the viofo utility, windows and the camera itself. Any ideas to what's causing this?

The card could be fake or dying. Verify it using a utility like h2testw on Windows or F3X on a Mac.

I recently got a A119 and when I try to view the sd card files on my PC, it doesn't show anything on the folder.
A similar problem reported here on this thread. You might want to follow along. File structure on the microSD card is automatically generated by the A119 camera when movies or photos are recorded, even starting with a newly formatted card with no file structure. If no files are being generated on the card, then either A119 is not in the record mode or you may have corrupted firmware or a bad or incompatible card. If you've verified that the A119 is recording (REC button light steady ON, LCD red dot blinking) and the card passes the h2testw test, but no files show up on the card after recording, try reloading the firmware.

Last edited:
Always buy SD cards off big, reputable companies like Amazon (and make sure you're getting off Amazon themselves and not a 'Marketplace' or 'Fulfilled by' seller), or off a big Brick'n'Mortar store.

Back