DR650GW-2CH

Spudey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have pre-ordered the new DR650GW-2CH from http://blackvueshop.co.uk/ but could not find much information here, so decided to start a dedicated thread to keep relevant info.

Blackvue-DR650GW-2CH-Front-and-Rear-In-car-Full-HD-WiFi-Vehicle-Recording-System-GPS-Version-front-and-rear.jpg

Here is the link to the model I have pre-ordered for July delivery (hopefully) http://blackvueshop.co.uk/product/b...hd-wifi-vehicle-recording-system-gps-version/

I was planning to buy the 550 model but then I saw this new release at similar price with better features and from an official supplier.

Standout features over the 550 model seem to be a stealthy black mount, better memory card access, unconfirmed higher bitrate, possibly with longer, better shielded coaxial cable.

Is anyone else planning to get this new cam?

List of features:

Front Camera- 2.4 MP Sony Exmor CMOS
Rear Camera – 1 MP CMOS
Front Resolution- Full HD 1920 x 1080@30fps
Rear Resolution – HD 1280×720@30fps
Front Angle of View- 129°(D), 103°(H), 77°(V)
Rear Angle of view- 129°(D), 108°(H), 57°(V)
GPS – Yes
Wi-Fi – Yes
Button – Wi-Fi on/off button, MIC on/off button
Security LED – Yes
Format – Yes
Memory – up to 64GB
Compression Mode- MP4
Mic – Yes
Speaker – Yes
3-axis Acceleration sensor – Yes
Back-up Battery – Built in Super Capacitor
Software – Windows, Mac OS
Application – Android, iOS
Recording Mode – Normal Mode, Event Mode(3-axis), Parking Mode(Motion+3-axis)
Input Power – DC 12V~24V
Operation Temp. -20℃~60℃
Power Consumption – Approx. 4.8W
Colour – Black
Front Camera Weight – 120g
Rear Camera Weight – 30g
Front Camera Size – L118.5mm x D36mm
Rear Camera Size – L67.4mm x D27.6mm

Thanks,

Spudey.

Have seen it announcement over month ago, but I didnt find any major improvements over 550 model apart from very little physical- and unconfirmed "higher" bitrate. Some sources speculate 8+8Mbps bit-rate, which is kinda improvement over 550, but still not enough to stand out from some already available ( beta ) Ambarella A7LA based FullHD + FullHD 12-15Mbps bit-rate each channel dashcam systems.

I think in 2014 there is no point of coming out with 2ch systems FullHd + HD, - this is in the past. Now to stay competitive need to have FullHD+ FullHD.

Anyway. Lets wait and see what is 650 is capable of.

I think in 2014 there is no point of coming out with 2ch systems FullHd + HD, - this is in the past. Now to stay competitive need to have FullHD+ FullHD.

I agree with you

Hi,

I have pre-ordered the new DR650GW-2CH from http://blackvueshop.co.uk/ but could not find much information here, so decided to start a dedicated thread to keep relevant info.

Blackvue-DR650GW-2CH-Front-and-Rear-In-car-Full-HD-WiFi-Vehicle-Recording-System-GPS-Version-front-and-rear.jpg

Here is the link to the model I have pre-ordered for July delivery (hopefully) http://blackvueshop.co.uk/product/b...hd-wifi-vehicle-recording-system-gps-version/

I was planning to buy the 550 model but then I saw this new release at similar price with better features and from an official supplier.

Standout features over the 550 model seem to be a stealthy black mount, better memory card access, unconfirmed higher bitrate, possibly with longer, better shielded coaxial cable.

Is anyone else planning to get this new cam?

List of features:

Front Camera- 2.4 MP Sony Exmor CMOS
Rear Camera – 1 MP CMOS
Front Resolution- Full HD 1920 x 1080@30fps
Rear Resolution – HD 1280×720@30fps
Front Angle of View- 129°(D), 103°(H), 77°(V)
Rear Angle of view- 129°(D), 108°(H), 57°(V)
GPS – Yes
Wi-Fi – Yes
Button – Wi-Fi on/off button, MIC on/off button
Security LED – Yes
Format – Yes
Memory – up to 64GB
Compression Mode- MP4
Mic – Yes
Speaker – Yes
3-axis Acceleration sensor – Yes
Back-up Battery – Built in Super Capacitor
Software – Windows, Mac OS
Application – Android, iOS
Recording Mode – Normal Mode, Event Mode(3-axis), Parking Mode(Motion+3-axis)
Input Power – DC 12V~24V
Operation Temp. -20℃~60℃
Power Consumption – Approx. 4.8W
Colour – Black
Front Camera Weight – 120g
Rear Camera Weight – 30g
Front Camera Size – L118.5mm x D36mm
Rear Camera Size – L67.4mm x D27.6mm

Thanks,

Spudey.
Cool mate! I just pre-ordered the Dr750-2channel to test! I would've gone with the 650 but I didn't want the GPS and the 750 had an optional GPS(which I didn't purchase) Now just waiting for it to arrive!;)
Cheers!:)

In Russia DR650GW-2CH will be sold?
Where to buy it or take for testing?
I would be grateful for any advice.

I preordered mine as well from Blackvue Shop and it arrived today. I bought it to replace a DR500GW-HD as I wanted the rear-facing camera. Very easy to install (had it all done in about 30 minutes). I was about to buy the 550 when I noticed the preorder offer.

The first thing I noticed is that the WiFi seems to connect a lot faster and streaming clips to an iPhone has a lot less buffering than on the 500 which used to buffer constantly after a few seconds. Very impressed with the service from Blackvue Shop. They kept me informed all along and it was delivered next day instead of the 3-5 days it should have been.

Niko - Here is a Bitrate comparison chart on the Blackvue Shop Blog: http://blackvueshop.co.uk/news/?p=453

Mine arrived yesterday. Just had a quick check to make sure it's working ok, will probably get it fitted tomorrow sometime.

I've noticed a purple tint on the left and right sides of the image from the front camera and wondered if anyone else has the same thing.

Is the power connector and the rear camera cable the same as the 550 ??

Anthony566 --- I didn't have the 550 so don't know if they are the same but if you are thinking of the problem with DAB radio that the 550 had it doesn't interfere with my DAB radio (Audi A4).

I also have an A4 and with the new cable I have not noticed any issues with DAB as it isn't perfect to start with :) I was thinking more about have they used the same size connections so if I do upgrade to the 650 will my current cables just fit so I don't have to remove them ? so is the power connection the same size as the 500 you had ??

Yes the power cable connector is the same as the 500 but it has a plastic sheath attached to it near the cigarette lighter connector end. I don't know what that is for but as my 500 cable didn't have that I thought it best to use the 650 cable rather than chance causing any problems using the 500 cable without the plastic thing on it (sorry to be non-technical but I don't know what the proper name for the 'plastic thing' is). As for the cable to the rear camera, although I don't have the 550 I have seen pictures of the cable and it looks the same to me.

One thing I have found and I mentioned in a previous post is a purple tint on the left and right of the image from the front camera. I have posted a video on youtube of it:

I have been in touch with Blackvue Shop and they have replied saying that they have passed it on to Pittasoft and are awaiting a reply.

There are two other videos on YouTube, the second one of them posted by Pittasoft:

These both display the same purple tint characteristics as mine so it seems like it is an issue with the device rather than just mine.

Yes the power cable connector is the same as the 500 but it has a plastic sheath attached to it near the cigarette lighter connector end. I don't know what that is for but as my 500 cable didn't have that I thought it best to use the 650 cable rather than chance causing any problems using the 500 cable without the plastic thing on it (sorry to be non-technical but I don't know what the proper name for the 'plastic thing' is). As for the cable to the rear camera, although I don't have the 550 I have seen pictures of the cable and it looks the same to me.

One thing I have found and I mentioned in a previous post is a purple tint on the left and right of the image from the front camera. I have posted a video on youtube of it:

I have been in touch with Blackvue Shop and they have replied saying that they have passed it on to Pittasoft and are awaiting a reply.

There are two other videos on YouTube, the second one of them posted by Pittasoft:

These both display the same purple tint characteristics as mine so it seems like it is an issue with the device rather than just mine.

I see what you mean ... I see it also has the blocking issue due to the bit rate, I have just got the CPL filter and mount to put onto my camera to deal with the over exposure from the sky and I also have mine pointed down a bit more than yours to reduce the amount of sky :)

I've tilted mine down a notch since that video. Is there any way of getting rid of the blocking issue?

I've tilted mine down a notch since that video. Is there any way of getting rid of the blocking issue?

I also see your A4 is that same colour as mine lol ..... as for the blocking there is no way of getting rid of it as this is caused by the low bit rate that the camera records the data at although it is higher on the 650 than the 550 so your images must be better than mine, this is also part of why I have got hold of a Cpl filter as this is meant to help with the image quality by controlling the over exposure.... having said that I do think that the image that is recorded is good enough but we always want more :)

Hmmm, white. Not a very good colour when you live in the countryside :(

What I don't understand is this replaces a DR500GW-HD that I had previously which, as far as I know, has a lower bitrate and yet didn't have any blocking issues. Although the picture on the the 650 does seem a bit sharper than the 500, I wouldn't say it is that much better, and taking into account the purple tinting and blocking, I would say it is worse. It could be going back if they can't get it sorted.

Hmmm, white. Not a very good colour when you live in the countryside :(

What I don't understand is this replaces a DR500GW-HD that I had previously which, as far as I know, has a lower bitrate and yet didn't have any blocking issues. Although the picture on the the 650 does seem a bit sharper than the 500, I wouldn't say it is that much better, and taking into account the purple tinting and blocking, I would say it is worse. It could be going back if they can't get it sorted.

I think for the tinting I would be sending it back anyway as that does not look right, but the 650 does have a better cmos in it than the 500 and 550. the only way to remove the blocking is to increase the bit rate to something above 12 mp I think ....

It is very odd though that again the official videos you have linked to to have almost no blocking on them pittasoft must be using a higher bit rate when they make these videos as there is no way it was shot on a standard 650 ......

Back