DVR-207 EV or Exposure Value problem

Eyepoke

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a new DVR-207 from Spy Tec though Amazon. After driving around with it a few days, I have noticed that as I drive through shadows under trees or a bridge or something, the exposure value jacks itself up but does not go back down. I initially start the EV off at -0.3 or 0.0. After a few minutes of driving during the day, the EV will boost itself up in increments to +0.3, then +0.7, then +1.0, etc. all the way up to +2.0 (which is the max) where it will stay. This causes the entire picture to become overexposed and whited-out. The only way I can get the exposure value back down is to manually hit the down button on the camera while it is on.

If I just leave it alone and don’t touch any settings when I turn the car on, it will increase the EV to white-out conditions, thus making the camera completely pointless since you can’t see anything. It will stay at this value even after you turn the camera off then back on.

Any idea what could be causing this issue? I have searched the forums and haven’t seen anyone with this particular problem. There doesn’t seem to be any way to lock the EV value on the camera, It always auto-adjusts up, but not down.
I have the camera mounted in the middle of my windshield with a suction cup. Here are my settings:

- Video quality: 720p 30fps
- Clip size: 5 minute
- Motion detection: off
- IR: off
- EV: 0.0
- Firmware version: 1207310
- Sony 32GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 R40 Memory Card (SF32UY/TQMN)

I think i had read another thread where a users buttons were stuck. Maybe your EV up button is not completely stuck, but to the point where if you hit a bump going down the road it causes the EV level to increase.

I'm having the same problem. my buttons are not stuck, because the EV display on the screen still says 0.0 even when the entire image is white. the only way to reset it is to drop the EV down a notch and bring it back up to 0. I'll be posting some video soon (link: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2324)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E DVR-XX7 1
Back