(Fake 0801) $30-$44 USD? 1080P Novatek CPU 1.5" Car DVR Camera GS608 + 120 Wide Angle + G-senser

I had another idea... Can I change the mount from before the ball joint onwards towards windscreen? So i basically do this..

adutuqyb.jpg

Take ball joint out of this and use the ball joint from the novatek based 0801?

ypuze5a6.jpg

So this basically shortens the length to without the suction cup.

You think will work?

Regards
Duke

I can not believe someone sold it on Aliexpress more than $70.

Just realised these units are 24fps at 1080p

Regards
Duke

that's the 96220 chipset, best it can do, looks better at 720p usually

sure, it is senseless to zoom in the 720 image to 1080, but only take more space.

it's not even about space, the quality is terrible

they are same quality on same screen.
just like you have a 1280*720 photo to show on your 14" note book; or you resize the photo to 1920*1080 and show up, they are same vision quality.

of course, the interpolated 1080P is terrible, compare with the original/active 1080P; particularly in night.

How does one know if they have bought a true 720p or 1080p dvr? Not interpolated or upscaled. Look at the megapixel size lens?

Regards
Duke

Defintely but when looking at the specs when buying one... Even though they say its 1080 but it could be upscaled or interpolated... What one needs to look to ensure they are getting a proper 1080p or 720p... Not much you can do if the seller outright lie about the specs but at least it will narrow it down.

Regards
Duke

You get the same looking ones selling higher price though so price is not the only indicator... What about 720p? Is that in the price range for a real one?

Regards
Duke

Forget all knock-off's and go with any original unit bought from reputable reseller, even if it cost very little more than buying from "beginner-sellers" who pushing price down couple of $.

In Russia they have a saying / proverb: " Greedy man pays twice "

Yes... But how we know... Eg... 1080p dvr needs 5megapixel cmos sensors and need h.264 for smooth recording etc.

Regards
Duke

Yes... But how we know... Eg... 1080p dvr needs 5megapixel cmos sensors and need h.264 for smooth recording etc.

Regards
Duke

No need 5Mpix, for smooth 1080p enough 2Mpix as well.
How we know ?
There is another saying: " it's too good to be true" , or was it like "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is" ?!
1. you buy one, test it, - regret it.
2. you buy ONLY what is recommended by other forums members who have already experience in this saga of "greedy man pays twice" ( me as well included, many time bought cheap, then regret it".

If in doubt post a link to anything you're interested in, no doubt someone else here will be able to give you some pointers

Besides mini 0801... What else does 1080p with similar size... I see the c600 and c800 on ebay but like people say could be too good to be true.

What is confusing or make it hard it their previous models are 720p / 480p.

Regards
Duke

Best to post links when referring to some model you've seen so we know exactly what you're looking at

Besides mini 0801... What else does 1080p with similar size... I see the c600 and c800 on ebay but like people say could be too good to be true.

Regards
Duke

From my experience: better than mini 0801 by size and by video quality in category below 100usd - is Mobius.

Back