FS: "semi" stealth kit for the Blackvue DR500GW-HD

vbx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Trying to recoup some $$$ for buying the supplies to make my dash cam a little less visible.

3qhv.jpg

Please note that it's not perfect but it works. Some of the cuts are a bit jaggy but it doesn't effect the lens at all. The 1st cut I used for my camera (see pics) is a bit jaggy. But the cut got better as I got use to it. So what you get is a bit better than what I am using. The decals is a bit wider than the object it's covering. So you have to use your fingers to fold the sticker around the edges to cover the gray on the mount, and the silver on the lens.

However, since the sticker is just round, and the lens stick out the sticker will not cover the part that sticks out. (see pics)

(1) Lens decal
(1) Mount decal

$2 shipped - USA only
save yourself $11 ($7 for the compass cutter, $6 for the matte decals).

I'm using it but the camera is still noticeable under direct sunlight. I'll take some shots in early in the evening for comparison.

hkkm.jpg

zqfl.jpg

dax0.jpg

j2nj.jpg

i42r.jpg

s0f1.jpg

Installation:
* Lens - Simple, center decal over lens, apply and rub edges.
* Mount - A bit difficult to center everything if the mount is installed on the windshield. You have to align the sticker, peel the backing and slowly press the decal onto the mount. Pulling and re-applying to re-center as needed.

credits thomaspeter for the idea!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1410

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump! About 4 sets left.

Re: FS: "semi" stealth kit for the Blackvue DR500GW-HD

Thanks again for the blackout stickers, worked perfect. Can hardly see the camera now. Nothing "catches the eye" when looking at the front of the car.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bro, if you are willing to ship this to Malaysia, pls let me know how much including shipping? Thanks.

bro, if you are willing to ship this to Malaysia, pls let me know how much including shipping? Thanks.

$3.50 shipped to Malaysia.

still available? ship to NYC?

Sorry, I haven't been here for a while since I sold my car and no longer have the 550. I just picked up a 650 for my new car though.

I do have some left over if anyone still wants it.

And yes, I ship anywhere in the US. $2 for everything. (mailed in an envelope). So no tracking.

Sorry, I haven't been here for a while since I sold my car and no longer have the 550. I just picked up a 650 for my new car though.

I do have some left over if anyone still wants it.

And yes, I ship anywhere in the US. $2 for everything. (mailed in an envelope). So no tracking.
Hey, thanks for the reply. I already mounted it to my windshield, and I use a UV filter which covers the lens trim. Thanks again tho.

Back