G1WC - Need help choosing all the right equipment

Ryan1999

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

My first dash cam setup for my Chevy Cruze,

I have a few questions and I'm looking for advice, so if you can help at all please do :)

I ordered

2 G1W'c's off of the estore009 on ebay dude.

1 Power regulator, LUKAS LK-290-12/24VT(MULTI) Power Safety Device for DASH CAM BLACK BOX A TYPE 321423803257

Thinking about ordering:

2x Transcend 32gb microsd class 10 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00CES44EO
1 front rear view mirror mount - https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00JWGC29U
I need help with the following:

I need a Rear window mount, and to figure out if I need additional wiring. Ideally I'd like to buy 2 good guage power cords at around 15 feet (for the rear camera, better to have more cable than not enough).

What cabling provides the best and stable current?
I need a mini USB power cable right?
And just splice it into my power source?

Thanks,

Thanks,

That rear mount looks like it will work well!

With the 12v to 5v converter and tapping into a nearby electrical circuit will I still be able to use my power regular to kill power if the battery is low?

What options do I have to use as a power cord, the same cord basically goes either to an electrical circuit or my fuse box, etc?

What other equipment do I need to wire the cabling to a fuse? Any help, thanks

I'm going to be doing something similar on my wife's car once my G1W-C shows up. On my car (using a FineVu Pro HD capacitor based dashcam) I used an accessory 12V power outlet and an add-a-fuse to an open accessory port in the fuse box. The camera turns on once the ignition is turned to on. I'm thinking about using an on/off switch and putting the add-a-fuse into an 'always hot' port so I can leave the camera running if I want to use the parking mode.

Thanks

My cameras arrived! Now I'm just waiting for all the small things to get here like the mount, add-a-fuse, power regulator, etc.

Running off the car charger for now with the suction cup, wires errwhere

Back