G1WH Mass Storage Screen

alig

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I bought G1WH from Foxoffer. Arrived today everything ok except that every single time i plug it in to cigaret socket as soon as it start it goes straight to Mass Storage menu which i cant close. Charger is original , Firmware is 2014.0509. Only way to have it recording is to start unplugged and press button to record and plug in charger after recording start. From what i read it should turn on with ignition and start recording automaticly but mine open Mass Storage screen.
Is it some settings problem or camera is faulty.

It sounds like the supplied 5 pin cable may be mis-wired so it thinks you are plugging into a computer. This is just a theory. Do you have an AC powered USB adapter and a different microUSB cable you could test it with? Testing it this way will help troubleshoot whether the problem is with the cable or the camera.

You are right, I checked charger from TomTom and its working perfect and shows charging icon when plug in but charger which I got with G1WH only turn it on and show Mass Storage.

You are right, I checked charger from TomTom and its working perfect and shows charging icon when plug in but charger which I got with G1WH only turn it on and show Mass Storage.

FoxOffer is good about standing behind what they sell. I'm sure if you explain what happened with the power supply cable they will replace it for you.

Same issue happened to me with my G1WH. Seller: Saddle/Wesley Chow on ali express. Product now removed! Ummm. Dispute yet to be resolved. Not happy :-(

For me was easy FoxOffer sent me new charger right after I contact them, they gave me choice of new charger or 3$ discount I choose new charger.

I bought 2 G1W cameras---one a fake and the other a genuine with the good Novatek processor and CMOS processor. Both cameras showed "Mass Storage" screen when the cameras were connected by USB to my home computer even with a micro SD card installed. When both cameras are powered by the car's electrical system, there are no more blue screen mass storage warning screens. To view dash cam videos on my home computer, I just insert the SD card and there are no more problems. The USB computer connection does however charge the camera battery.

Back