G1WH-T bricked. No hope?

gotoel

Reaction score
Country
United States
Any method of recovering a G1WH-T after a failed firmware update? Any suggestions will help.

Yeah, the red light goes on when plugged in but it does not boot. Power button does nothing. And the reset button causes the screen to flash, but that's it. So there's no recovery method for these things, huh?

If it doesn't boot you can't load another firmware, there's no PC software like there is with some other chipsets

How did you brick it?

If it doesn't boot you can't load another firmware, there's no PC software like there is with some other chipsets

How did you brick it?

I think the firmware I tried to install is not compatible with my version. That or I hit the power button too soon... though the light was red.

They power on as normal when the firmware has loaded, if you powered off before that happened could be a problem I guess

I think the firmware I tried to install is not compatible with my version. That or I hit the power button too soon... though the light was red.
The "old" Novatek G1W-H's could be unbricked by re-installing any compatible firmware. If you don't have the original or a compatible firmware, then bin it.

The "old" Novatek G1W-H's could be unbricked by re-installing any compatible firmware. If you don't have the original or a compatible firmware, then bin it.

it need to get to the bootloader to get anything to install, sounds like he's not getting that far

it need to get to the bootloader to get anything to install, sounds like he's not getting that far
When I was testing the different firmwares in my G1W-H I tried some that weren't compatible and the camera also didn't boot up, but it only took putting a compatible firmware on the card and doing the process all over again to unbrick the camera.

When I was testing the different firmwares in my G1W-H I tried some that weren't compatible and the camera also didn't boot up, but it only took putting a compatible firmware on the card and doing the process all over again to unbrick the camera.

it doesn't need to get to the display screen, just the bootloader needs to run

When doing anything with firmware you must follow instructions precisely and even then there's a chance of bricking, hence the always-given disclaimers posted with the methods needed to change firmware. And it's usually mentioned to write down what your original firmware was and toi be sure you can DL it before making changes in case things go wrong.

Hope you find a solution, perhaps your vendor can help you get the original firmware loaded and working again.

Phil

Any method of recovering a G1WH-T after a failed firmware update? Any suggestions will help.
I have not had that problem,but have you tried pushing the reset button with a pin next to the HDMI socket.

Lately I tried to use a capacitor firmware to my G1Wh-T and it didn't boot up. I rolled back to my a bin file firmware i found on a Polish website (I think this is the latest one for the GPL Chip in the H series). And the cam was getting back to a life again. If you are interested in, I can share with you this bin file to give it a try.

Lately I tried to use a capacitor firmware to my G1Wh-T and it didn't boot up. I rolled back to my a bin file firmware i found on a Polish website (I think this is the latest one for the GPL Chip in the H series). And the cam was getting back to a life again. If you are interested in, I can share with you this bin file to give it a try.
See? Even though the chipset is different, they can always be unbricked if you have the right firmware.

Had a moment where I thought I bricked the G1W-H but it came back to life after flashing with an older valid firmware renamed as FWDM800H.bin.

Had a moment where I thought I bricked the G1W-H but it came back to life after flashing with an older valid firmware renamed as FWDM800H.bin.
That wouldn't work with the G1WH-T because it's not compatible with those firmwares. Different chipset.

Back