GPS not getting time and GPS icon red

SimonB

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all, newbie here, but please don't hold that against me. I bought a new DR500GW-HDa few months ago but have only just installed it in my new car.

When I powered it up, in the garage, it said it was initialising card, etc. I then went out for a drive and all LED's looked good. Solid blue, flashing orange.

However, the date and time isn't being set, it's stuck on 1970 and is the same every time it starts. Sometimes the speed works, sometimes it doesn't. The GPS logo is red when monitoring with live view. The coordinates area on the live screen is blank and the map obviously doesn't work either.

I have trawled through threads on here and seen it's not uncommon. I have reformatted the supplied 16GB card to Jo effect, I have reinitialised the unit outside in clear sky view to no effect. I have driven for 30 mins to no effect.

Does anyone have any further things I can try, or should I take it back to where I purchased it from?

I did some research before I bought this and the Blackvue came recommended, but after reading through these forums it seems that i was mistaken :(

Have you set your time zone in the settings in the viewer on your PC

Press reset button and try again Where in Aus are u

I set the TZ from within the iOS App. I'll try it tomorrow from the Mac app. I'm in Perth.

Cheers,

Simon....

Some don't work well from an app best on computer

I suspect another dead on board battery
Yes, that thought had occurred to me from browsing here. Will let the dealer sort that out. Luckily, they're only just down the road from me :)

You could always leave it on for several hours to see if the battery charges up I suppose. Could be old stock and the battery is flat

An hour or so ago, I drove the km or two to the dealer that I bought the unit from in July and, after trying a couple of things with no success, it's been exchanged under warranty. The new unit worked properly immediately.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rosdi DR500GW-HD 8
Back