GPS not working on SGGCX2

Bamajoey

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchased this camera approximately 1 1/2 years ago and noticed recently that the speed is not recorded on the video. I went through setup again but it still doesn't work. Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

What is displayed on the video? Has it shown the speed before? If you have it set up correctly it should show either the speed or "GPS OFF".

If neither show up make sure the jack for the GPS module is plugged all the way into the socket (many of us have failed to get it fully inserted), also make sure it's plugged into the proper socket - GPS versus AV OUT.

Do you see on LCD screen a GPS/Satellite icon, any color ?
Please make a photo of dashcam screen and share with us.

If it’s only 18 months ago, are you sure this isn’t the SGGCX2PRO? We haven’t sold the SGGCX2 in a long time. Do you see a GPS satellite icon at the top of the screen next to the microphone icon? If yes is it red or green? A warranty replacement gps is no problem if needed. (SGGCX2PRO has a 2-year warranty)

Sure you have plugged the GPS antenna into the GPS plug and not the AV out ? or as mentioned above too seated all the way. You be surprised how many have made that error over time,,,,,, including myself.
My free test sample back in the day of the SGGCX2 came with the antenna faulty ( taking ages to connect ), but i just put one on from a old SG9665GC camera.

Sorry, it was 2 1/2 years ago. No worry though. I removed it several weeks ago and didn’t push the GPS cord in all the way when I put it back in Its working fine now. Thanks for the help.

...didn’t push the GPS cord in all the way when I put it back in...
Welcome to the club. You weren't the first and you won't be the last. ;)

Now I am having a problem with my audio. I can go into the menu and turn the audio off and several days later I will see the audio light on again. Is there a way to have it off all the time?

Mute should stay, are other settings staying set? Time zone or any other non default setting. If settings don’t stick something is wrong for sure. You can try updating the firmware.

...Now I am having a problem with my audio. I can go into the menu and turn the audio off and several days later I will see the audio light on again. Is there a way to have it off all the time?...
Is there a possibility that you're pressing the MIC button while the camera is recording? That will turn audio recording on.

Function 3: Disable or enable audio-recording function
In recording mode press the <MIC> key to disable the audio
recording function. The MIC indicator will be off. Press the <MIC> key
again to enable the audio recording function. The MIC indicator will
be on.

Mute should stay, are other settings staying set? Time zone or any other non default setting. If settings don’t stick something is wrong for sure. You can try updating the firmware.
Is the process for updating the firmware on the SGGCX2 the same as the SGGCX2PRO+?

Back