GPS Unavailable - Firmware 20140116

jwriddle

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just purchased the Mini 0801 from E-Prance via Amazon with the following stock configuration:

• 8GB Internal Memory
  • GPS-Enabled
  • Firmware: 20140116
Although, I've read in this thread that user rockie13 appears to have success with Firmware v20140106, I haven't had success displaying video files' corresponding GPS log information via a map.

uGTRQtRP

I've tried using the following viewers without success:

• Registrator Viewer (versions 5.0 through 5.6)
    • Finds the *.log files, but no translation. Converting to *.kml or *.csv makes no difference
  • KPH and MPH Software Players (from the DashCamTalk Mini 0801 Review Page)
    • Shows GPS as "Unavailable" (which indicates it's finding the logs, but not reading)
It also makes no difference whether I run the viewer directly on the Mini 0801 internal card itself, or copy the files locally (ensuring I keep the same folder structures).

GPS Log Example:

vmfP2Hob

I've configured the settings as follows:

• DATE TIME DISPLAY
    • DATE TIME
  • LOOP SETTING
    • 1 MINUTE
  • STAMP
    • DRIVER NUMBER
  • VIDEO RECORD MODE
    • VIDEO + AUDIO
  • CHOOSE CARD
    • OUTTER (if I change it to INNER, it resets to OUTTER after power off\on)
  • GPS
    • OPEN
  • VELOCITY UNIT
    • MPH

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Jay

----------------------------

Update: Upon further inspection, even though the box that the Mini 0801 came in has "GPS TRACKING" checked on the outside of it, I have never been able to get the yellow satellite image to appear on the screen when plugged into the GPS tracker box/mount-bracket. The power cable is plugged directly into the camera. When I try plugging the power into the GPS tracker box/mount-bracket, the camera does not receive power.

Do I have a bogus GPS tracker box/mount-bracket?

Last edited by a moderator:
Send eprance a mesasage if you havent already

Update: Upon further inspection, even though the box that the Mini 0801 came in has "GPS TRACKING" checked on the outside of it, I have never been able to get the yellow satellite image to appear on the screen when plugged into the GPS tracker box/mount-bracket. The power cable is plugged directly into the camera. When I try plugging the power into the GPS tracker box/mount-bracket, the camera does not receive power.

Do I have a bogus GPS tracker box/mount-bracket?

It sounds more like you have a faulty GPS bracket. If you are not getting camera to turn on when power is connected to the bracket, then there is something wrong with it. Like @frazzeld said, contact the seller to resolve.

Cheers - I'll see if they will send me a replacement bracket.

Back