GS 9000

jakkso

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Today arrived my GS 9000 I ordered from Foxoffer.
I ordered it with fast delivery by DHL.
When I received the package I received an invoice for VAT of 25% is $ 57.58. have previously purchased a GS 5000 ques 4coolday and a GS1000 from Alleinexpress without this taxa.men it seems ok.enligt customs.
A quick check showed good vidiokvalite and easy to catch GPS signal.
Must upload video on youtube when I have tested.

Even it sounds strange, I order only with Standard Shipping with tracking number and avoid every time DHL, FedEx, EMS, TNT, bla-bla. I never paid custom tax, but only once because store sent to me using FedEx witout telling me. So the customs called me and told that I have to pay 25% VAT. I was so lucky because even I didn't know the seller will use FedEx I had a premonition and told the seller to use a value of $17. My luck continues at the customs because they accepted the $17 declared value even I had small chances for that, but I think they are not so familiar with dashcams and accepted that value.
I used the $17 value because my latest order from paypal was $17 and I was thinking if they will ask me for a proof, to show them that bill. The ordered dashcam on some sellers is more than $250, so what if the customs would charged me for $60 instead of actual $4?

I don't want big brands shipping. I am happy with my standard shipping and wait one more week. But the money will stay in my pocket, not in theirs.

If they asking me what is inside I tell them that is a "car rearview reverse camera" for my car because I am a bad driver which cannot see things in the mirrors when going back. And values of these cameras are under $20. And if they want to tell me that is not a car rearview I tell them then I am also a bad buyer because I don't know what to buy because not expert in cars. :p

Oh, and I am going always to customs before close, and expecting them to be tired after so many taxes and let me in peace. :mrgreen:

So why to pay more for a DHL shipping? To be sure the customs will take from me the maximum custom value for the object? No way!

enjoy,
Mtz

No more delivery with DHL.
It seems that DHL curls with a low price o fast delivery.
Faroe and then charge the cost of this customer.
A sales ploy probably.

I always try to avoid shipping by FedEx, DHL, and UPS etc. when I order items from outside the EU. Also declared shipping values below $20 basically always pass through customs without any problem.

is there anyone enough risky to try flashing firmware from http://www.g-mini.ru/media/uploads/file ... 130515.zip ? this firmware is from g-mini branded GS1000 version, it supports time sync from GPS, bitrate selection and other features and bug-fixes. as they use same CPU, maybe there's a chance that firmware is compatible with GS9000?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back