GS1000(b) out of focus

Downstar

Reaction score
Hi there all,

today i received my GS1000b from focal price:

http://www.focalprice.com/ER0777B/GS100 ... TJIH1fcwXE

As i know it should be a fake one, wich hase some novatek chipset.
wich is fine for me if i saw the review video of someone on the productpage of focalprice.

Today i installed the DVR in my car and i made some trip, after i went back to home
i noticed at my pc the videos where not clear at all, and where out of focus.

I Tried to rotate the ring on the front, wich i thought was rotable, but it isnt rotable at all :(
My camera is to much focus in some kind of macro mode, in the front it clear at some >1 meter away it is blurry

See some example video (see in full screen mode!):

I hope it had some kind of autofocus in the menu setting, but nope :(
so i searched the net and found a topic here about replace the lens of the GS1000, there is see some are opening the case en replace the lens at all or some adjust it only.

But i dont know how to open the case at all? I have unscrewed top part with the 4 screws, but then?
i am stuck at this:

i48.tinypic.com_29awm80.jpg

I dont know since this Gs1000 is defently a fake, if it is possible to open the case?

I dont think its not possible to focus, without opening the case right?
Hope some one can explain me how to open case and focus the ring in clear text/pictures/video.
Thank in advance!

PS. my camera also has this sticking out the case, first i thought it was some label of a screenprotector or something, but it is stuck and not from screen protector at all?

i45.tinypic.com_3479tv6.jpg

If i cant open the case and cant focus the camera, i will ask for some refund the camera is useless at the moment :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see that the focus is very bad, quality control was sleeping.
You can open camera with a small screwdriver or similar, just pry it open where ever you can start. You can set focus depending what kind of glue they used in factory. After opening the camera you can see some glue in lens threads, try to remove glue with knife edge, then try to screw it open or close. If it moves you are ok, bad possibility is if they have used superglue in factory, then there is nothing you can do with the old lens.
It is very difficult to set focus, camera display is so small that it's useless, you should use tv as a monitor and try to set it that way. Try to do it in daylight, dark indoor lights can set the focal point off.

Sabe said:
I can see that the focus is very bad, quality control was sleeping.
You can open camera with a small screwdriver or similar, just pry it open where ever you can start. You can set focus depending what kind of glue they used in factory. After opening the camera you can see some glue in lens threads, try to remove glue with knife edge, then try to screw it open or close. If it moves you are ok, bad possibility is if they have used superglue in factory, then there is nothing you can do with the old lens.
It is very difficult to set focus, camera display is so small that it's useless, you should use tv as a monitor and try to set it that way. Try to do it in daylight, dark indoor lights can set the focal point off.

thank you for your response..

the thing is, where to start?

I dont know how to open the case at all, i seems like it is solid made, and not made out of 2 parts :? ?

Downstar said:
the thing is, where to start?

I dont know how to open the case at all, i seems like it is solid made, and not made out of 2 parts :? ?
Just close your eyes and use the force Luke, there must be a place to start somewhere, i believe you have seen images opened gs cameras, this is probably just similar.
If they have used glue in assembly then it's bad.

i49.tinypic.com_2d2836b.jpg

well thanks, i fixed it, the case is open now :p

fake one i think, where is the processor? underneath or?
300 mah vs 500 i see from some other gs1000

You can get the glued lens out by heating the lens with a heat gun. Its important not to use much force trying to unscrew or you'll break the lens mount or break off one of the resistors around the lens mount.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back