GT550W WDR GPS F1.6 from Shadow Tec by TioTec dash camera

Re: GT550W WDR GPS F1.6 from Shadow Tec by TioTec dash camer

tbkonwso1 said:
Here is a video I made with my car using the gt500w I bought locally in USA.

http://youtu.be/ID-H-E-OnNM

if that's 'cruising' I'd hate to see how fast you normally drive :shock:

LSX in the Mazda?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes sir ls3 vs 700hp gtr

tbkonwso1 said:
Here is a video I made with my car using the gt500w I bought locally in USA.

http://youtu.be/ID-H-E-OnNM

where did you get it? pm the link. Thanks

What is the gt500w?
With so many makes/models versions of WDR cameras over lapping I can't even keep track of them all.
I thought the non-GPS version of the GT550W were the other DOD / TioTech models that have been out a few months now.

The video looks a bit "dark" for day time. (but still pretty clear)

My cruising videos will look trippy since my Smart Car has zero front end & no hood. My full field of view of the road will fill the entire camera lens recordings. *floating along* You won't see any break-neck acceleration though haha. I used to have a 2003 Audi S4 back in my gas guzzling days though that was fun enough. I don't miss having trouble finding a parking spot. I love being able to go anywhere in the city now. (lots of reserved spots just for me)

jokiin said:
just about every cam uses Mini HDMI not full size, Mini USB is most common but the cables are not always standard USB

Follow up to my last question about pre-installing wires. Do the current non GPS WDR camera's use standard mini-USB power inputs? (or proprietary?) If standard, where is the best place to order a Auto/Cig mini-USB long wired power adapter? I'm going to be installing my new Pioneer AppRadio 3 next week, and I'm going to gamble on pre-installing DashCam wires. (10' mini-HDMI to HDMI, ?? foot mini-USB Auto power, and Pioneer microphone) all up in my windshield edges and down to behind my double din stereo area.

Will I need to buy the smart power box for possible Parking mode battery drain prevention with the WDR cam? (the always on / motion sensor option) This is assuming these cameras have the parking mode. I forgot the name of the company that makes the boxes I'm describing. They keep power running until Voltage drops to 11v or something like that.

JazJon said:
Follow up to my last question about pre-installing wires. Do the current non GPS WDR camera's use standard mini-USB power inputs? (or proprietary?) If standard, where is the best place to order a Auto/Cig mini-USB long wired power adapter? I'm going to be installing my new Pioneer AppRadio 3 next week, and I'm going to gamble on pre-installing DashCam wires. (10' mini-HDMI to HDMI, ?? foot mini-USB Auto power, and Pioneer microphone) all up in my windshield edges and down to behind my double din stereo area.

Will I need to buy the smart power box for possible Parking mode battery drain prevention with the WDR cam? (the always on / motion sensor option) This is assuming these cameras have the parking mode. I forgot the name of the company that makes the boxes I'm describing. They keep power running until Voltage drops to 11v or something like that.

not sure what the different cams they have use, the Novatek models use common USB, the others I'm not sure what platform they're using, the use a variety of solutions and different companies that they work with so I couldn't tell you for sure what they would be using on those

Devices like the Power Magic Pro and similar can be installed near your fuse box so won't matter for your cable runs you want to do, I'd be looking into which camera you end up using whether that's an issue or not, even though some cameras have parking mode it's not necessarily something that works effectively, varies by design

Sorry I was using the gt550w, it's dark because I applied a filter from YouTube and for some reason they reduced the 1080p to 720 for some reason.

which do you recommend? GT350W or GT550W? and seen some GT350W review and has very good quality in low light, the diferiencia is the price in the GT350w Foxoffer $ 85 walks in green while the GT550 110. tell me.

goku said:
which do you recommend? GT350W or GT550W? and seen some GT350W review and has very good quality in low light, the diferiencia is the price in the GT350w Foxoffer $ 85 walks in green while the GT550 110. tell me.

"On the paper" ( specs ) GT550W looks same as GT300W / GT350W / GT450W / LS300W, but me personally have not tested GT550W yet. I will wait until GPS version will be realised to test it properly.
From past experience I can recommend GT300W, - you can not go wrong with this. GT350W is almost the same video quality, but different design of outer shell, bracket mount, - they are slightly cheaper material, but there for price is cheaper, so price vs overall quality is fair. Video result is almost the same.
Also I am in the final steps of testing GT450W. Will upload raw video files and more details soon.

If need to compare, you can download RAW video files of GT350W from here:
http://webfile.ru/folder?id=25400

or watch youtube comparison videos vs LS300W

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... zl9fIYiYcA

niko said:
goku said:

"On the paper" ( specs ) GT550W looks same as GT300W / GT350W / GT450W / LS300W, but me personally have not tested GT550W yet. I will wait until GPS version will be realised to test it properly.
From past experience I can recommend GT300W, - you can not go wrong with this. GT350W is almost the same video quality, but different design of outer shell, bracket mount, - they are slightly cheaper material, but there for price is cheaper, so price vs overall quality is fair. Video result is almost the same.
Also I am in the final steps of testing GT450W. Will upload raw video files and more details soon.

Oh thank you very much friend, I will be very helpful, as you say, everything is in price / quality. thanks for the list of videos.

goku said:
niko said:
goku said:

Oh thank you very much friend, I will be very helpful, as you say, everything is in price / quality. thanks for the list of videos.

You are welcome.

Just got my GT550W, the windscreen mount is useless, it falls with a slight touch. I think someone mentioned a replacement mount. Where can I find more info about it?

Kampua said:
Just got my GT550W, the windscreen mount is useless, it falls with a slight touch. I think someone mentioned a replacement mount. Where can I find more info about it?

if it's a suction mount are you sticking it to plain glass or the black dotted area at the top of the screen that some vehicles have?

Yes it's a suction cup and I am sticking it to the plain glass area.

The suction cup has a concave area which allows air to be trapped and will never provide a vacuum with the glass.

Kampua said:

a dud one maybe

it hasn't still got the plastic film attached by any chance? if cut to the same size without a pull tab it can be hard to notice

Kampua said:
The suction cup has a concave area which allows air to be trapped and will never provide a vacuum with the glass.

they all have that

jokiin said:
Kampua said:

a dud one maybe

it hasn't still got the plastic film attached by any chance? if cut to the same size without a pull tab it can be hard to notice

The plastic has been removed, just sent an email to foxoffer hopefully they will send a replacement.

OK solved the problem, the suction cup has to be pushed hard against the glass (there is some slack) before applying the lock. Different from my other suction cup, my bad.

Kampua said:
OK solved the problem, the suction cup has to be pushed hard against the glass (there is some slack) before applying the lock. Different from my other suction cup, my bad.

Good, Good, Bring on the video samples :)

Try to upload a raw copy so we can play with the Registrator Viewer app

You will enjoy your gt550w :)

Back