GT550W WDR GPS F1.6 from Shadow Tec by TioTec dash camera

Re: GT550W WDR GPS F1.6 from Shadow Tec by TioTec dash camer

Foxoffer offers GT300W again with new firmware, a price even cheaper ($ 106) according to the same would be supplied by the GT550W like this that?

goku said:
Foxoffer offers GT300W again with new firmware, a price even cheaper ($ 106) according to the same would be supplied by the GT550W like this that?
The topic for this can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2294&p=23704#p23704

It would be great if someone could compare the "new" GT300W with the "old" GT300W and the GT550W.
I ordered a few weeks ago a GT300W from foxoffer, which is probably one of the last "old" GT300W they offered.
(My GT300W is still at customs, so I will have to wait maybe another week before I can pick it up)

I assume that so far nobody received the GT550W yet and could test it as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

That would be great. foxoffer should perform a review of the camera, not complex but with some videos and raw files to download. in the day and at night, and would not have to be guinea pigs.

Produkttester said:
goku said:

It would be great if someone could compare the "new" GT300W with the "old" GT300W and the GT550W.
I ordered a few weeks ago a GT300W from foxoffer, which is probably one of the last "old" GT300W they offered.
(My GT300W is still at customs, so I will have to wait maybe another week before I can pick it up)

There are people who received GT550W, but I nobody yet reported having both in hands to compare them side by side.
Even if you will receive on of the last "older" GT300W, - I guess there will be no problem to update to a new firmware when it will be available to the public.

niko said:
Produkttester said:
goku said:

There are people who received GT550W, but I nobody yet reported having both in hands to compare them side by side.
Even if you will receive on of the last "older" GT300W, - I guess there will be no problem to update to a new firmware when it will be available to the public.

niko i have both in hand... i record a video for fun of me and my friend...

you guys are more then welcome to use it as reference.

as always select 1080p .. sorry i dont feel like uploading raw file.
video is compiled using gt300w on my rx7 and gt550w on my friends GTR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID-H-E-OnNM

Very good. So, you can tell that they are identical, right ?

beautiful landscape.

niko said:
Very good. So, you can tell that they are identical, right ?

You are correct everything is same except case. Great camera still non the less. I have it on everyone of my car lol

Hurry up and bring out the GPS unit already!!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

TieNN89 said:

If "they" will hurry up as you say, - then product might be not finished and fully tested, so you might be disappointed later on.
I prefer to wait a little bit, till "they" fully test a product, so my money does not go wasted.
Hope you know what do I mean.

niko said:
TieNN89 said:

If "they" will hurry up as you say, - then product might be not finished and fully tested, so you might be disappointed later on.
I prefer to wait a little bit, till "they" fully test a product, so my money does not go wasted.
Hope you know what do I mean.

You make a very good point but hopefully it isn't far off from now

I ordered the gt550w yesterday. Will I be able to order the optional gps attachment in the future?

phatcow said:
I ordered the gt550w yesterday. Will I be able to order the optional gps attachment in the future?

You have to ask vendor if the model they sold you will support an external gps antenna.

Hmm just looked on Foxoffers site and the note for the GPS add on coming soon is now gone with no GPS written anywhere :S

Does that mean they've canned the GPS add on now ? :S

TieNN89 said:
Hmm just looked on Foxoffers site and the note for the GPS add on coming soon is now gone with no GPS written anywhere :S

The best is to write to Foxoffer directly and to ask regarding a GPS situation.

niko said:
TieNN89 said:

The best is to write to Foxoffer directly and to ask regarding a GPS situation.

I did and this is what they have to say

We just not sure when the GPS logger function will be available from manufacturer, so we removed that message, I will let you know once it ready.

Or you could consider buy other models which already have GPS logger.

best regards,

FoxOffer Support Team

Disappointing :(

Disappointing perhaps but better to judge anything TioTec/DOD related only by what it offers at time of sale, things like firmware updates or accessories are bonuses 'if' they happen, doesn't seem to happen often though

I think Foxoffer removing that info was the right thing to do

Fair enough

What other camera are as good or even better than this with GPS ?

Back