Hands on: the Itronics ITB-250HD wireless dashcam

It is $229 including shipping with english manual and english Android application.
I just have no problem with it because Itronics make good products, but I hope night mode to be improved in some firmware upgrade because now the colors are too saturated for my taste.
A big priority for me was also an easy to hide camera and Itronics is very hard to beat compared to any other camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

I'm interested in this camera.

Does it come with an English manual? I downloaded the app but its in Korean?!? Is there an English iPhone app for this product?

Where's the best place to buy this camera? English version?

No english iPhone application, just korean. :(
For Android smartphones is possible to have english application.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi!

To amplify wifi signal, could be connect to the usb port any wifi antenna or something specific ?
I think we must make a hole for the antenna right?

Tkanks!

Yes, you are right, but I don't think the antenna idea is the best.
You can make a rectangular hole for a USB thing. The nice and lucky thing is because the position of the USB connector is very good if you are planning to use another Wi-Fi dongle which can be bigger, or to connect a USB cable which will have to the other end the Wi-Fi dongle in a better signal position even it is the original or a new one.

If you can connect some antenna to that USB Wi-Fi dongle your idea is good, but if the antenna is just a wire is even possible to keep the antenna inside the camera.

But after my Wi-Fi signal test from the first post, the Wi-Fi dongle is very good quality and signal because it was offering in the open area test a live view up to 90 meters from the camera mounted in the car. Also I keep my car in the public parking, I am living a the 4-th floor on the building near the parking lot and I can connect my wireless smartphone to it without any problem from my room.

For the moment I just don't need any wireless improvement.

enjoy,
Mtz

After canceling a GS1000, I just ordered one ITB-250. I'll tell you soon I hope! :D

I don't understand why they don't have an english version Iphone App!

Hi! I just received the camera!

Firstly I can to say that quality materials of camera and package are excellent. I'll tell how it works!

Hi, Mtz!

I saw that the camera becomes quite hot even without in direct sunlight. It is normally? I would like to connect to the stream without interruption and would like to extend the life of the camera as much as possible. I've thought a heatsink gluing on the back with thermal paste. What do you think?

Thanks!

I don't understand where you want to add the heatsink. Can you post some picture?
Regarding heat, I have to say few things:
- is normal to have some heat because all processors are generating heat and when is about video, is more heat
- until now is cold here so I don't know how will be during summer
- 720p don't need too much processor compared to 1080p so I don't expect problems
- the ITB-250HD processor is mounted in a smart position: in the back of the camera. Compared to Livue which have the processor in the front of the camera, the Itronics is more protected from direct sunlight.
I hope you will post some pictures where you mount the camera in the mounting thread.

enjoy,
Mtz

Now here there aren't much heat but in summer is usually 35-40 ° C in the shade, so it will a good test for the dash cam.

Here go the external heatsink (is the hottest area like you said):
p3240027k.jpg

view from below:
p3240016.jpg

view from outside:
p3240020d.jpg

If you will look at the pictures from the first post of this thread you will see that under your marked area is the processor. Is normal to be more heat in that portion. My advice is to not bother because that is not over-heat and enjoy your camera.

Nice and clean mounting. If I was you I would try to put it in the upper most possible position. That black dots area will protect your camera from direct sun in the midday. But as I already said, the ITB-250HD is smart because the chipset is on the back. Also I like your rearview mirror because is black.

I am curious how are you feeling about the wireless. Are you satisfied with the coverage area? Did you found some smart way to use it? Can you see the live image from your home? Because outside from the car I am sure you have live image.

enjoy,
Mtz

Where the camera can be bought using Paypal transaction with english manual and english Android application? Can someone post a link cause after reading entire post im still not sure:p Im really interested in buying this camera. Thx

Send a gmail to exportix
Price is $229 as DCM wrote in his review and the camera is send to you from Korea next day after you order it.
Maybe rompetechos9 will tell to you if the transaction was OK and have a good delivery time.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi!

From what I have seen, when the dash cam was parking mode and stand-by (no recording, no movement outside) my phone has problems to connect to the camera, no matter how close you are, do not know why. EDIT: I tested with another android phone and wi-fi works without problems. Fault of my phone. I think that dash cam doesn't like my Huawei (chinese phone). :lol:

All other times even quite a distance, the phone connects without problems.

As the car is in a garage (in floor -1), do not use this feature in my house, but I have found that the signal is OK in floor 0 and almost floor 1. So if the car was on the street, it is certain that the signal would be good.

The best use I can do it at college, but that would require more distant signal. But I'm sure there are many more situations where wi-fi is very useful feature.

Soon I will upload a video to youtube so you can see the image quality.

Still I am happy with the wi-fi functionality, I think it is a very nice feature and I'm very happy with the overall dash cam.

The seller gave me a very good impression. I had no problem with the transaction of Pay-Pal and the camera took 7 days to deliver.

rompetechos9 said:
The best use I can do it at college, but that would require more distant signal. But I'm sure there are many more situations where wi-fi is very useful feature.
If you will look again at my pictures with opened camera I hope you will see the Wi-Fi dongle is in a perfect position, in the front of the camera so only the case and the windshield is blocking the Wi-Fi signal. So if you want the best Wi-Fi signal park your car with the front of the place you are.

If you want to play more with your Wi-Fi live android smarphone connection you can look on Google Play for an application named Z-Screen recorder.

From what I have seen, when the dash cam was parking mode and stand-by (no recording, no movement outside) my phone has problems to connect to the camera, no matter how close you are, do not know why.
I have no problems even in parking mode. Check on your smartphone if its wireless connection is still connected to your ITB-250_000xxx wireless network provided by the dashcam. Some smartphones are entering in some power save mode. You can try also to press the Reconnect android application button. You can also try to restart the application but I think is not necessary.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
rompetechos9 said:
If you will look again at my pictures with opened camera I hope you will see the Wi-Fi dongle is in a perfect position, in the front of the camera so only the case and the windshield is blocking the Wi-Fi signal. So if you want the best Wi-Fi signal park your car with the front of the place you are.

If you want to play more with your Wi-Fi live android smarphone connection you can look on Google Play for an application named Z-Screen recorder.

From what I have seen, when the dash cam was parking mode and stand-by (no recording, no movement outside) my phone has problems to connect to the camera, no matter how close you are, do not know why.
I have no problems even in parking mode. Check on your smartphone if its wireless connection is still connected to your ITB-250_000xxx wireless network provided by the dashcam. Some smartphones are entering in some power save mode. You can try also to press the Reconnect android application button. You can also try to restart the application but I think is not necessary.

enjoy,
Mtz
Can the Wi-Fi connect to a laptop next to the DC unit? Is there a way to used the Wi-Fi in any other manner besides a Iphone app?

Al Drake said:
Is there a way to used the Wi-Fi in any other manner besides a Iphone app?
Yes, using an Android app. ;)
And read carefully the first post because solutions are described there.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Al Drake said:
Is there a way to used the Wi-Fi in any other manner besides a Iphone app?
Yes, using an Android app. ;)
And read carefully the first post because solutions are described there.

enjoy,
Mtz
Exactly. What I wanted to know was there a way to access the wireless WITHOUT an app and a phone. That's why I posed how you quoted me. That's what "besides" means. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear on that. Can I use a laptop instead of a phone?

And my response was to read the first post of this thread. You can also find pictures to understand better. And if you still need answers based on what you read and understand in that moment, I will give you answers.
The reason I make long posts and re-edit some message is to give the information needed and to not reply every time to every user the same answer. Is something like a FAQ.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back