Hands on the Livue LB100. $100 korean 720p dashcam

Hi. guys.

Above all, thanks for Mtz, it was very helpful to decide to buy dash cam.

Because I bought this again for my father with reasonable price $99.

It is now working perfectly and he loves it.

Have a good days guys. :mrgreen:

Hi wingnut000,

Very nice mount. The camera looks great.

Hi. I'd like to get this cam, but I need a suction windshield mount. This camera mount uses tape. Any ideas of modifying the mount to screw it onto a suction mount? Thanks!

Until now the best idea about a suction cup I saw here.
Regarding Livue, you must ask seller before buying if he will send to you the non-ball mount version:

In this way you can use that suction cup with the screw and your mount system will remain small.

I see a suction cup good for Livue only if you are using the dashcam in many cars. If you are using in just one car then is not a problem to take out the Livue dashcam and keep on your windshield the mount.

Will be nice if some user of a fixed mount with screw will offer a picture with that mount disassembled to see all containing parts.

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• Livue non-ball.jpg
    Livue non-ball.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 495
Last edited by a moderator:
I've finally got around to play with the camera but I have a problem with the WinyBBViewer v1.0.3 crashing when I click config. it says 'gic.blackbox has stopped responding'

my camera videos show
v300HD
v20121115_EN

I'm using windows 8 and do not have an android device. how can I configure my camera on the PC?
I've already tried to run the WinyBBViewer in XP compatability mode but it still crashes.

help

:(

Also I have that problem from some time ago. Maybe some windows update changed some files for me. Because of this I am using the Android application in this way: I keep only the setup.cfg file on the smartphone SD card. After making the settings I am tranferring that file to camera SD card which is connected to PC.

enjoy,
Mtz

Luckily I managed to find an android device so I'm able to change the settings now, please can you tell me how I turn off the annoying beep noise each time a recording starts/ends?

Thanks

i get the "gic.blackbox" message and program crash when i want to play a video, but the configuration tool works on my windows 7. i suspect livue did not pay microsoft for certification, hence the error messages.

when i turn voice prompt volume to zero, i don't get the any beeps when recording starts/stops.

wingnut000 said:
i get the "gic.blackbox" message and program crash when i want to play a video, but the configuration tool works on my windows 7. i suspect livue did not pay microsoft for certification, hence the error messages.

when i turn voice prompt volume to zero, i don't get the any beeps when recording starts/stops.

thanks wingnut

I've emailed Winy about the error, Its a shame the new viewer doesn't save the config changes as that looks pretty cool.
I've tried to open the config file manually in notepad etc but its barely got any data, does anyone know what format its in? I'm a .net developer so could build a basic app to manage the settings if I could reverse engineer the config file.

wingnut000 said:
I've tried to open the config file manually in notepad etc but its barely got any data, does anyone know what format its in? I'm a .net developer so could build a basic app to manage the settings if I could reverse engineer the config file.
Coincidentally I was looking at this earlier today. A friend of mine has ordered one of these on my recommendation (based on the reviews here; I don't have one) but does not have a Windows or Android system. The format for the setup.cfg generated by the software here is (approximately, no guarantees, use at your own risk, blah blah blah):
Code:
Offset Length Field                 Values
------ ------ --------------------- -------------------------------------------
0x00   16     Model Name            "V300HD\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"
0x10   16     Serial Number         "Rev2.0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0"
0x20   16     Firmware Version      "v20121115_EN\0\0\0\0"
0x30    4     Mode Setup            0 (Normal) | 1 (Event)
0x34    4     Resolution            1 (VGA) | 2 (D1) | 3 (HD)
0x38    2     Normal Recording Time 30 | 60 | 120
0x3A    2     ?                     0xCCCC or 0x0000 observed
0x3C    4     Video Quality         4 (Normal) | 6 (High) | 8 (Super)
0x40    4     G-Sensor Sensitivity  0 (Low) | 1 (Medium) | 2 (High)
0x44    4     Parking Mode Change   0 (Off) | 1 (On)
0x48    4     Minute                0 - 59
0x4C    4     Hour                  0 - 23
0x50    4     Day                   1 - xx
0x54    4     Month                 1 - 12
0x58    4     Year                  ?
0x5C    4     Set Time              0 (No) | 1 (Yes)
0x60    4     LED Lighting          0 (Off) | 1 (On)
0x64    4     Driving Frame Rate    5 | 10 | 15 | 20 | 25 | 30
0x68    4     Parking Frame Rate    5 | 10 | 15
0x6C    4     Recording Volume      0 - 3
0x70    4     Voice Volume          0 - 3
0x74    4     Brightness            0 (Min) - 16 (Max)
0x78    4     Contrast              0 (Min) - 16 (Max)
0x7C    4     Color                 0 (Min) - 16 (Max)
0x80    4     Motion Sensitivity    1 (S5) | 2 (S3) | 3 (S1) | 4 (S2) | 5 (S4) 
0x84    4     Overwrite             0 (On) | 1 (Off)
0x88    4     Storage for Movie     (%)
0x8C    4     Storage for Motion    (%)
0x90    4     Storage for Event     (%)
0x94    4     Discharge Protection  0 (On) | 1 (Off)
0x98    4     Time Zone             0 - 32 (Menu index)
0x9C    4     Summer Time           0 (Yes) | 1 (No)
0xA0    4     TV                    0 (PAL) | 1 (NTSC)
0xA4    4     Checksum              CRC-32 of bytes 0 - 0xA3
All 4-byte values are little-endian, i.e. the least significant (and usually only nonzero) byte is first. Note that the various on/off yes/no fields are not consistent in their use of 0 and 1, some of the other fields (like Motion Sensitivity) are strange, and the time's seconds are not stored. I have not yet investigated the checksum, but I'd bet it's a common CRC32.

Edit: CRC32 confirmed.
Edit 2: CCCC at 3A

My dashcam arrived in less than 36 hours, that's cool. Paying an extra $10+tax to Fedex was not so cool.
Updated to WINCAM_V300_130226_EN.bin. It's English alright, but the accent is hilarious.

Yeah, the first firmware version woman accent was better.

enjoy,
Mtz

The time on my camera is stuck in 1939. I'm changing the settings in Winycam, put in the SD card, the voice says "Setting has been changed", it does apply all the changes except for the time. I'm inserting the SD card in my computer, the "Set Time?" tab is set to No again. What am I doing wrong?
I tried both versions of viewer, old and new. With the new viewer the dashcam does not recognize any settings changes. With the old viewer it recognizes everything except the "Set Time?".

The system creates other files with a 2067 datestamp on them, and it's replacing the files that I upload to the SD. Formatting the SD and reflashing the cam didn't help.

I took the dashcam for a spin. And even if I thought I changed the settings in the new viewer, it actually reset them to default, it still made me draw some conclusions.

1. The camera is emitting a high pitch noise, not too loud, but you can hear it in the videos. So don't expect a very good audio quality.
2. The camera is moderately heating up. It's not too warm outside yet, around +5 today, but I'm guessing it'll get worse in the summer.
3. The SD slot cover is crap, super cheap plastic. And the location of the slot is less than perfect. Expect some difficulties if you have thicker fingers.
4. The video quality is ok, even if I didn't set it up to the maximum quality, and the day is cloudy, you can still see the plates numbers, if they're very close, and there aren't a lock of pixel blocks. But I was expecting more.
5. Tons of events videos with the sensitivity set to medium (about 30% of the total amount of videos). Will see how this changes with the G-sensor sensitivity set to low.
6. It's really really annoying that you can't change the setting in the camera. I think I ran up and down the stairs to the car like 30 times today.
7. There's no way this camera should sell for $200. $100 sound about right.

Probably I should've got the Mio Mivue 338.

I decided to make this one my first cam, so thanks to everyone for the info on it. I've been seeing way too many near misses in front of me lately, so I figured it was about time. :)

Thanks for the detailed review.
I have purchased this camera (from LightnSpace) and seems like a good car DVR camera.

• Does anyone know what is the maximum capacity of the SDHC card supported? Does this cam support 32/64/128GB cards?
  • Any minimum recommendation on the SDHC Class/Speed? I guess Class-10 data rate is not required for 720p recording

The camera comes with a 8GB class 10 card, which is good for about 3 hours of recording.

Do the blue leds on the front serve any purpose at all (ie., theft deterrant) or does it just draw attention to your car for potential thieves?

Back