Hello from N' Ireland

Rigger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

thought I would do the introduction thing.

Drivers in and around Belfast are a bit nutty, poor lane discipline, mirrors etc, no indicators, so asked my missus for early Xmas present.

So she has just bought me a Black Vue DR650GW-2Ch Camera set - front and rear.

Came as a package including Delkin 64Gb micro SD card..

Lastly comes with Lukas LK290-12/24 battery saver.

Being new to the forum, and not sure where I'm navigating to correct threads, I'm looking to hardwire the system into my car - Jaguar XFS 2010 year.

I'm trying to do this properly, so wanting the correct crimps. I think they are Molex type, but not sure of specific type.

Can anyone help please?

Halfords sell variety box called "M", I thinks

Halfords sell variety box called "M", I thinks
Don't suppose you have a link?

Normal blade, fork and spade crimps (red, blue, yellow) will be too large.

Hello all,

thought I would do the introduction thing.

Drivers in and around Belfast are a bit nutty, poor lane discipline, mirrors etc, no indicators, so asked my missus for early Xmas present.

So she has just bought me a Black Vue DR650GW-2Ch Camera set - front and rear.

Came as a package including Delkin 64Gb micro SD card..

Lastly comes with Lukas LK290-12/24 battery saver.

Being new to the forum, and not sure where I'm navigating to correct threads, I'm looking to hardwire the system into my car - Jaguar XFS 2010 year.

I'm trying to do this properly, so wanting the correct crimps. I think they are Molex type, but not sure of specific type.

Can anyone help please?

Welcome to forum !
As I understand you are looking for add-a-circuit fuse blades, but not sure which exact type you need ?

Is this is what your are looking for to hardwire your Lukas LK290-12/24 battery saver to fuse box, right ?

a1-850x850_0.jpg

abc-1-850x850_0.jpg

Welcome to forum !
As I understand you are looking for add-a-circuit fuse blades, but not sure which exact type you need ?

Trying to stay away from the fuse boxes. There is an electrical connector behind a closing panel at the end of instrument panel on the drivers side. Once the door is open, then you can pop that closing panel off. The pins going into the connector are molex, I'm 90% sure. What I need is confirmation of what type of molex connector they are. That way I can do a nice tidy job, which will be held fast like the other pins in the connector.

Here's a pic of a similar connector. It will give an idea of the pins I need to crimp onto the Lukas 'acc' and 'B' wires.IMG_3073 (1).jpg

Welcome Rigger.

I would just tap into the fuse box like niko say, i just expanded my own power grid that way, and i now have 3 more sockets in the rear of my car.

I was planning on tapping into the rear light of my car, but that would have taken much longer time, and would have left me with a "damaged" wireharness.
Where as now i just have to remove the add a fuse thingie and put the original fuse back in place and no one would ever know i have been there.

Back