Hit and Run

bmandep

Reaction score
Country
United States
I need help with trying to make out license plate on a hit and run. The video is from a FitCam rear camera. The lighting at the strip center is horrible along with it being at night and I have tint. Any help is much appreciated!

Video 240 pixel resolution? What do you want to find out? That's just not possible. Is this a prank? A camera like this is just a decoration... its function is zero.

Welcome to the forum bmandep.

It for sure do not look to be a very good dashcam, in 11 hours since upload you expect youtube to have finished processing it.
Hard to tell if anything can be made of this, even if you have a 1080p resolution video file.

If you use tint you for sure want to compensate a little for that messing with the EV value for the rear camera, that will negate some of the problems with the tint eating a lot of light.
But TBH i dont think there is much to be done here.
you for sure want to save original footage ASAP.

Searching for these cameras ( cuz i have never heard of them before ) the rear cameras do seem to be 1080p resolution, i supposed you have downloaded a streaming video to your phone, which are often smaller resolution to facilitate fast transfer.

No mention what sensors are in use here, making me think it might be old stuff.

I will say in spite of tint and all, a system on the new starvis 2 sensors, with the light after all there but the slow speed of the offender in mind, i think it would have made the capture.

HIt and run in intersection ( well tried to run on foot ) last night.

Early 20ties Romanian kid apparently working here in Denmark, killed 28 YO girl, BAC 1.78 thats like 1.5 over limit

end.jpg

At 240 resolution, dark, and tinted glass there is zero chance of getting any plate information.

The lighting at the strip center is horrible
Welcome to the club.
The strip mall lighting is not the issue.
It’s the poor / low quality camera.
Get a Viofo A119 Mini 2 for your rear window.
Also, if you uploaded this video from your cell phone to YouTube make sure you select “full quality” so it will render at the highest resolution within the YouTube APP.

Attachments

• 3 .png
    3 .png
    54.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 2 .png
    2 .png
    46.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 1 .png
    1 .png
    90.9 KB · Views: 3
I wanted to dig out some of your footage "PP " but i figured ill leave it to you.

It might be gangster level tint, and no EV compensation for that on the rear camera, but yeah a better / newer system i am sure would have done a lot better.

HIt and run in intersection ( well tried to run on foot ) last night.

Early 20ties Romanian kid apparently working here in Denmark, killed 28 YO girl, BAC 1.78 thats like 1.5 over limit
Took me a while to work out that is the back of the car!
What did he reverse into that opened the car up like that?

I need help with trying to make out license plate on a hit and run. The video is from a FitCam rear camera. The lighting at the strip center is horrible along with it being at night and I have tint. Any help is much appreciated!
Texas law states:
The Transportation Code states in section 547.322 that the rear license plate must be illuminated by a white light that “makes the plate clearly legible at a distance of 50 feet from the rear.”

So we should be able to see it easily... something is wrong somewhere...

No i think he ran a red light, journalism poor, but witnesses say it was a high speed event.

Danish fast & furry kids, putting LED plate light on their car, some times too much of a good thing if you ask this grumpy old guy.

Back