Is there anyone using FineVu dash cam?

Davidisgood

Reaction score
Country
United States
I watched a youtube review video and now considering getting one.
(FineVu X500 / https://www.amazon.com/gp/B081VWHPHG)
It has lots of functions like HDR, ADAS, and also comes with Samsung 64GB SD card, hardwiring cable, cigar lighter cable.. all included!
But I don't see many reviews and it seems not very famous. (I don't doubt that Korea makes good dash cams tho)
Is there anyone using FineVu's?

We dont hear much of the fineVu cameras on this forum these days, in the "old" days they saw a little more action.
Korean brands dont seem to care much about worldwide markets, my first was a Lukas, and asking them a simple question took weeks before i got a RPLY.

If you get the X500 you are most welcome to tell us about your experience and maybe share some footage too, the more information on anything dashcam we can get on this forum the better it will be for helping people.

A few months ago i was close to get a Gnet camera for testing, but then they got other ideas and i did not hear from them again,,,,, which was sad, and i was looking to try a new Korean dashcam, and even a brand i have never heard off before.

Also many in the western world like dashcams to be stealthy and not seen, many Korean brands seem to be just the opposite.

We dont hear much of the fineVu cameras on this forum these days, in the "old" days they saw a little more action.
Korean brands dont seem to care much about worldwide markets, my first was a Lukas, and asking them a simple question took weeks before i got a RPLY.

If you get the X500 you are most welcome to tell us about your experience and maybe share some footage too, the more information on anything dashcam we can get on this forum the better it will be for helping people.

A few months ago i was close to get a Gnet camera for testing, but then they got other ideas and i did not hear from them again,,,,, which was sad, and i was looking to try a new Korean dashcam, and even a brand i have never heard off before.

Also many in the western world like dashcams to be stealthy and not seen, many Korean brands seem to be just the opposite.

Thanks for the reply. Seems they're quite active on Amazon page so I decided to get this one. Will share what it's like!

I watched a youtube review video and now considering getting one.
(FineVu X500 / https://www.amazon.com/gp/B081VWHPHG)
It has lots of functions like HDR, ADAS, and also comes with Samsung 64GB SD card, hardwiring cable, cigar lighter cable.. all included!
But I don't see many reviews and it seems not very famous. (I don't doubt that Korea makes good dash cams tho)
Is there anyone using FineVu's?

A friend of mine had a korean brand cam a few years ago and was very happy with it, I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with korean/asian brand dashcams, just make sure you do some research and find one of proper quality(same friend got quite scammed buying another dashcam from the asian market once).

The "smart" functions in dashcams many soon disable, personally i would never use stuff like that, not even if it was build into my car and i could disable it.
Buying in a far away country, and not least if you buy very cheap ( which many Danes seem to do ) can be a problem, not least if you have a problem or need of support.
As a Dane i would personally always buy within the EU for something like a dashcam, and not least if it is a high end camera.

I have not kept up much on the cameras, but it seem like Korean brands still utilize modest bitrates, i can not blame them on using high sharpness / contrast image settings, cuz many seem to do that as it is default for most hardware options.
I remember going from my Lukas LK-7500 dashcam to a street guardian, it took me a while to get used to the more soft / natural image of the SG camera, and really that camera still had rather high sharpness and contrast too.

The "smart" functions in dashcams many soon disable, personally i would never use stuff like that, not even if it was build into my car and i could disable it.
Buying in a far away country, and not least if you buy very cheap ( which many Danes seem to do ) can be a problem, not least if you have a problem or need of support.
As a Dane i would personally always buy within the EU for something like a dashcam, and not least if it is a high end camera.

I have not kept up much on the cameras, but it seem like Korean brands still utilize modest bitrates, i can not blame them on using high sharpness / contrast image settings, cuz many seem to do that as it is default for most hardware options.
I remember going from my Lukas LK-7500 dashcam to a street guardian, it took me a while to get used to the more soft / natural image of the SG camera, and really that camera still had rather high sharpness and contrast too.
What's wrong with high sharpness / contrast? Isn't it a good function to distinguish the plates during day&night?

it can actually make it worse.
For instance the 2 bottom pics here, if you look at the yellow triangle sticker on the light, in the high contrast left one you can barely see it is there, in the right one you can almost read it.
%D0%91%D1%83%D1%84%D0%B5%D1%80-%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B0-1-jpg.51162

it can actually make it worse.
For instance the 2 bottom pics here, if you look at the yellow triangle sticker on the light, in the high contrast left one you can barely see it is there, in the right one you can almost read it.
%D0%91%D1%83%D1%84%D0%B5%D1%80-%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B0-1-jpg.51162
I see it. Is left one Lukas'? So thrilled to test FineVu X500 :O

no it is the same camera, left one are just stock firmware, the right one are modified firmware.

Also if you notice the birch trees in the background, on the left pictures you barely notice them as they look more like sky you can see between trees, on the left you can see it is the tree trunks.

Back