jokiin's A2S60 Dash Cam (GS1000 Based)

Tommy said:
Night video Jokiin!

Night video !! :p

That is youtube for you.

My previous dash cam did terrible videos after it was uploaded to youtube.
My latest dash cam does far better than any other dash cam I've ever seen
for day or night.

No dropped frames or a light pole looking like its split with gaps as I'm playing it back.

I have mine set at 1080p in pal at 25 frames per second. Can set it to ntsc at 30 frames per second
but some of the tellies don't like ntsc.

Why does youtube gut a 300mb video to 25mb. It recks it beyond belief. It compresses it down to
garbage quality.

Why do some youtube channels get 720p where its 720p quality ?
Do they pay youtube for no compression or something ?

Hello do You ship To Belgium.
thx

jokiin said:
kloon said:
thx

I haven't before but could I guess
How much for the Cam and shipping ?
You can sens Me a pm for All the info

kloon said:
jokiin said:
kloon said:
thx

I haven't before but could I guess
How much for the Cam and shipping ?
You can sens Me a pm for All the info

I'll have to check about shipping to Belgium, if you can PM an email address I'll send you more detailed info

Pm in Your box ;-)

Any updates on the upcoming models? :)

Specs, timeframes, pricing, availability to europe, pics of case design?

Tomorrow i will pickup Jokiins cam, gona be fun to finaly see it live, and the quality of the recordings.

gs1000flash said:
Any updates on the upcoming models? :)

Specs, timeframes, pricing, availability to europe, pics of case design?

still being worked on, I will update when I can

Sweguy said:
Tomorrow i will pickup Jokiins cam, gona be fun to finaly see it live, and the quality of the recordings.

Yep, mine has also arrived today (thank you Jokiin), will have to wait before using it however as I only have a Class 4 card handy due to Amazon's tardy service.

I guess this will give me plenty of time to choose between the different mounts, and decide where to run the cable. ;)

ydc said:
Sweguy said:

Yep, mine has also arrived today (thank you Jokiin), will have to wait before using it however as I only have a Class 4 card handy due to Amazon's tardy service.

I guess this will give me plenty of time to choose between the different mounts, and decide where to run the cable. ;)

if you keep the bitrate down around 10Mbit/sec it should run on the Class4 card, a Class10 is still preferred though

I find the fixed mount will give better results than the one that can swivel, I'm not happy with those as I find they vibrate a bit too much in most vehicles, the other one is very solid

good to hear it arrived in 8 days, that's a huge improvement over the previous freight company we used (thank Mtz for that, he found the company for us)

the first time you use it it's going to be waking up a long way from home so you'll probably find first time the GPS will take a while to get signal, once it knows where it is you'll find subsequent use much quicker

also I'm not sure if yours got the firmware update we just did before sending, if it's on Q20130403 I have a newer version Q20130507 which adds a menu option in the video settings menu where you can select MP4 or MOV output, that's the only change as we're still working on some other changes, if you haven't got that version though and want it just let me know and I can forward you a copy

I'll receive mine in just a few hours from now!
I am pretty excited, although i will not be able to test it since i missunderstood something and bought a sd card instead of a micro sd card! F*** :)

jokiin said:
if you keep the bitrate down around 10Mbit/sec it should run on the Class4 card, a Class10 is still preferred though

I find the fixed mount will give better results than the one that can swivel, I'm not happy with those as I find they vibrate a bit too much in most vehicles, the other one is very solid

good to hear it arrived in 8 days, that's a huge improvement over the previous freight company we used (thank Mtz for that, he found the company for us)

the first time you use it it's going to be waking up a long way from home so you'll probably find first time the GPS will take a while to get signal, once it knows where it is you'll find subsequent use much quicker

also I'm not sure if yours got the firmware update we just did before sending, if it's on Q20130403 I have a newer version Q20130507 which adds a menu option in the video settings menu where you can select MP4 or MOV output, that's the only change as we're still working on some other changes, if you haven't got that version though and want it just let me know and I can forward you a copy

Yes, 8 days seems really quick (also thanks you Mtz). It took around a week to make it to the UK, and just a day to go through customs and be delivered - both of which are pretty amazing.

The GPS has already worked out where it is, though I will be using upside-down for the first few days (until I get time to mount properly) so it won't be getting much of a workout for now.

The unit has the older firmware, but if there's any way of finding out when the next firmware is ready, I think I'll save you the hassle and hang on. :)

Thanks again. :cool:

ydc said:
jokiin said:

Yes, 8 days seems really quick (also thanks you Mtz). It took around a week to make it to the UK, and just a day to go through customs and be delivered - both of which are pretty amazing.

The GPS has already worked out where it is, though I will be using upside-down for the first few days (until I get time to mount properly) so it won't be getting much of a workout for now.

The unit has the older firmware, but if there's any way of finding out when the next firmware is ready, I think I'll save you the hassle and hang on. :)

Thanks again. :cool:

the GPS antenna is actually in the uppermost portion of the mount so I'd expect GPS might be patchy while you have it mounted upside down, interested to know how it goes though

it's no hassle to give you the new firmware, next version is likely about 3 weeks away at this stage (our lead engineer is doing A7 training with Ambarella for the next 2 weeks), if you want the later version I can email it to you

jokiin said:
the GPS antenna is actually in the uppermost portion of the mount so I'd expect GPS might be patchy while you have it mounted upside down, interested to know how it goes though

it's no hassle to give you the new firmware, next version is likely about 3 weeks away at this stage (our lead engineer is doing A7 training with Ambarella for the next 2 weeks), if you want the later version I can email it to you

I'll be able to get the camera a good test at the weekend so will report back then how well the GPS works the wrong way around. ;)

I'll drop you a PM about the firmware.

ydc said:
jokiin said:

I'll be able to get the camera a good test at the weekend so will report back then how well the GPS works the wrong way around. ;)

I'll drop you a PM about the firmware.

thanks, all feedback is welcome

Woohoo... Mine got dispatched today. It feels like Xmas! Just gotta wait now for delivery

bronze84 said:
Woohoo... Mine got dispatched today. It feels like Xmas! Just gotta wait now for delivery
I want mine too. But Swedish mail tracking system has been blown out, so they can track parcels here in sweden, so evern the offices dont know what package they get so they cant send a text or letter to people to pick up the package....
Information
5/15/2013 - 5/15/2013
Technical disturbances in Track and Trace, letters, packages and pallets. :evil:

Maybe because of the Eurovision contest? :lol:

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Maybe because of the Eurovision contest? :lol:

enjoy,
Mtz

That is in southern part of sweden as we call "Denmark" because they talk funny ;)

Back