LK-7900 ACE primitive window bracket.

Ipol said:
oppps my mistake very strange I searched the apple-ct site yesterday and could not find the Lukas cam it came back no results found in the specific search thanks for the head up Al Drake it must have been a bad PC for me yesterday at my age it happens.@ jazzist thanks for the info as well...... by the way the car looks nice my first new car was a fiat way back in the early sixties regards Ipol :mrgreen:

Oh you are the same vintage as I. Born in the 40s first car was a 53 Ford. Things sure have changed since then.

@ Al Drake.....apologies in advance for posting in the wrong section....... 1938 Al did my national service late 50s in Bahrain Persian Gulf .....got to drive chevy impala,s.... ford fairlane.... dodge coronet...... pontiacs..... studebakers..... chrysler windsor..... just to name a few have great memories of this time.There was a US naval base in Juffair I worked from there liasing back to the RAF on the smaller island. @ jazzist I have contacted apple-ct regarding replacement brackets waiting on a reply.....Phew at least subject the last is back in the right section....Regards Ipol :eek:

2 new brackets arrived this morning from Apple-ct I have married one up with the converted phone bracket that I mentioned in a previous post. All works fine I just quick release the suction mount to remove the camera......unfortunately around here if I left it in the car it would disappear in a very short space of time .....at least I dont have to worry about breaking the clear plastic holder now.... Ipol many thanks Apple-ct for the swift service.....and NO ....I dont want to marry him either... :lol:

Ipol said:
2 new brackets arrived this morning from Apple-ct I have married one up with the converted phone bracket that I mentioned in a previous post. All works fine I just quick release the suction mount to remove the camera......unfortunately around here if I left it in the car it would disappear in a very short space of time .....at least I dont have to worry about breaking the clear plastic holder now.... Ipol many thanks Apple-ct for the swift service.....and NO ....I dont want to marry him either... :lol:

Good to learn you had success. To bad your area is not secure and you have to worry about intrusions. I too have received 2 extra mounts from Apple-CT quickly and well worth the price.

green-sum is charging $28 for one set. I'll pass because I think it's a ripoff.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Swordfish said:
green-sum is charging $28 for one set. I'll pass because I think it's a ripoff.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

That's what I paid Apple-CT for 2 sets. My guess is if one were to make an offer how could they refuse. I still say LUKAS should be sending them out for free under warrantee.

I don't even understand how you are able to insert the cam into the bracket!
i got my dashcam with the bracket and tried to insert, but could not do it. looks like i will break it if I push anymore... :shock:

Regards

@ vitali_vt try inserting it one side at a time the right hand side first then the side with the little tabsticking out of the side second .....good luck....its when you go to take the camera out again that it breaks after a few goes thats why I made up the bracket with a suction mount and a T type slide release ....the camera stays in the supplied bracket that way and the whole thing still sits behind the rear view mirror.......Ipol

Ipol said:
@ vitali_vt try inserting it one side at a time the right hand side first then the side with the little tabsticking out of the side second .....good luck....its when you go to take the camera out again that it breaks after a few goes thats why I made up the bracket with a suction mount and a T type slide release ....the camera stays in the supplied bracket that way and the whole thing still sits behind the rear view mirror.......Ipol

Can you post a picture of your suction cup bracket? Looks like a good idea...

I will try you will have to have a little patience I have uploaded to DCT yet but will do my best it will probably be tomorrow Ipol

Took my camera out of the car for the first time today, that mount is an absolute bugger.
I couldn't work out why the camera is still held in after you pop one side out, I thought some adhesive had gotten through from the windscreen.
Eventually a twist and it came out, the method is very strange first time around!
'Cos I thought it was adhesive I fed a cable tie on top of the camera between the camera and the mount and tried to work it across. I eventually realised that for some reason, due to the angle of the camera probably, the rotation adjust nobbly bit of the mount (right hand side) is held captive in the hole in the top of the camera .
Mount looks like it survived fine but it felt like a close call.
It's enough to make you very nervous!

@ Jazzist after breaking two replacement brackets no matter how careful I was trying to be I now use 3m dual lock tape, the strength that they claim is good for at least 1000 removals.I leave about half a inch to the right of the bracket clear of the tape connection it gives easier leverage and remove without using excessive force.....The car is left hand drive so you might need to leave the clearance on the left. That is of course if you adopt the same method.........Once clicked in place it sticks like (well I guess you know the rest of the saying)o_O.........Regards Ipol

Good idea, I have some of that so will probably do that if the bracket breaks (got it to stick the LK530 in the passenger footwell but it didn't stick to well to that shiny/matte new plastic and the LK530 has lived in a cup holder instead). Dual Lock got to be better than $30 for the spare mounts.

I might get another 7900 for the rear (assuming they send me a decent replacement for my dodgy one..), second choice I guess is a Mobius but that runs hot apparently and doesn't have some of the Dashcam features we are used to with the Lukas (image quality is just as good if not better and the price *significantly* lower though..). Wouldn't mind a Mobius for sitting on the dash to record scenic drives (not partially obstructed image like my "permanent" fit dashcam) as well. I have a one time 5% off at Joovuu until June so a while to think about it (how will I explain yet another toy to SWMBO?).

One thing about rear mounting with the Lukas and others is the 3M adhesive that holds the bracket on will likely damage the rear heated screen if you ever need to get it off. Same WRT the trim around the window if you decide to stick it there. Maybe a suction mount is best but they aren't very stealthy; I'll have to look and see if either the top and bottom non heated border of the glass is a big enough area for an adhesive bracket.

Last edited:
As luck would have it there is sufficient space between the heating strips to fix the camera to the rear screen on my car (mitsubishi space star) The camera is one that Techmoan reviewed a front and rear view camera. The front camera is now the rear view camera and the smaller cam is on the overtaking side..... to film the idiots who overtake on continuous white lines. The lk7900 is the main front camera I also have a V2000GS camera but rarely use it now, the cigarette holder is already supporting the cameras plus GPS plus a Galaxy 10.1 tablet which at night in the pouring rain is probably pushing it to the limit..........:eek:..........Ipol

Back