LK-7900 Memory Card ONLY LUKAS?

@Quick profound apologies it was not so much an attack more of a request for clarification to the post further up this page .....owner feedback sub forum it is then

1) I am none other than a very new member here -- lol, no one apologizes to me or should feel the need to do so
2) I think I agree with your drift completely. Astrobile.com seems to be making some number of posts in the Lukas forum with no content other than "contact me at ... to buy a Livue"

Hello,

Sorry for rebirthing an old thread but I'm facing a problem that some of you out there may know how to solve.

I initially received the camera with a 8GB card and had no issues. I have ordered 2 microSD 64GB (1x Samsung 1x Sandisk both being reported here as working) and have the same issue with both of them.

When I put into the camera it says that it needs to be formatted so I format it. I takes a couple of seconds and then it's ok and operating normally (saying recording started when I turn on the car etc...) so no apparent issue at camera level.

The problem is that when I take the 64GB cards afterward and plug it in my computer, they are not readable either in my Mac or PC saying that the support is not initialized and needs to be formatted.

With the 8GB card I haven't got such problems, the card was pre-loaded with the lukas viewer and contained the recordings. (However the camera never asked me to format it).

Did anybody encounter something similar and is there something I can do ?

Like pre-formatting it in a proper format so that the Lukas camera won't ask to reformat it by itself ?

Thanks in advance

Try formatting the card within the viewer software.

Thank you, I didn't such option in the tool before.

I've now formatted it this way and put the card back in the camera which didn't ask about re-formatting it this time. I will see tomorrow evening if I can still read the card but I think it will do the trick...

I have been running SanDisk in my LK-7500, 32 Gb micro SD in adapter and a 64 Gb SD.
Both class 10 Cards.

Pre-formatting the cards using the Viewer tool solved my issues.

Thank you.

Cool, glad it's sorted. I suspect where it's formatted is less of an issue for SDHC (I've never formatted my cards I don't think) than SDXC (above 32 GB ).

There is no advantage and nothing gained by using a MicoSD card. They are actually more expensive and have been known to over heat more often in dash cams. I would recommend not using them in favor of the standard SD fir that reason.

I have several cameras and am using a 7500 for the rear in one car, with a gs9000 in the front. I have a contour helmet cam, and a couple of phones S4 and a HTC. I use the S4 as an ad hoc dash cam, and they are all using micro cards. I have a box with a couple of dozen in it. I have a few standard SD cards from back in the day. IMHO the micros are fine. I have never had one fail. What is gained in my situation is compatibility.

Last edited:
Back