Looking for more info/review of the Lukas LK-7700

No doubt there is a focus issue with that 7500, the 7700 look sweet :D

@johnf thanks for the info.

I've went ahead and purchased a 7700 off of ebay(my first dashcam).

Hello ! I have discovered on this forum the specs of 7700 and it fits me perfectly. @rawr , have you received the camera ? I have discovered from youtube that the night view isn,t so good.What is your impression ?

@johnf Hello ! Please tell me how is the night video of 7700 ? The samples of night video of 7700 dissapointed me !

I bought the 7700 from greensum. I don’t know how it performs comparing to the 7900. All I can tell you is the focus is prefect.

The 7700 arrived. Just to get this out of the way, focus is good. I finally gave up trying to convince Lukas there was an issue with the focus of the 7500. I'll give a complete description of the 7700 in a day or 3 after I've had a chance to play with it more. But, here is a screen capture from the 7500 and then 7700, identical settings.

Just noticed I didn't set the time on the 7700 yet...

I am very interested in the night/low light performance of the 7700. Can either of you comment or post some sample video? The night videos i've seen youtube all look very dark to me. I was wondering if this was a setting issue, or maybe cameras were fitted with a CPL filter. I would love some feedback as the specs/price are perfect for me.

thank you

I am very interested in the night/low light performance of the 7700. Can either of you comment or post some sample video? The night videos i've seen youtube all look very dark to me. I was wondering if this was a setting issue, or maybe cameras were fitted with a CPL filter.

I know I've been slow getting night time samples up, but let me reply to the question above. After a using it for a couple weeks, I can say that the night time performance doesn't suck - I'd rate it as average. It is on the dark side, it seems like Lukas can do a better job with simply a firmware update by tweaking the auto exposure. If I really wanted to optimize the night time performance now, it would require changing the settings for brightness from 3 to 4 before dark. In fact I've done this just to try it, and it improves night time video 100%. But, of course, too much work so I'll live with dark-ish video after dark. So, yes, it really is a setting issue. Send Lukas support an email asking them to change 'auto exposure' to improve night time video. For all the good it will do :) I'll at least get some screen captures up, if not full video.

I know I've been slow getting night time samples up, but let me reply to the question above. After a using it for a couple weeks, I can say that the night time performance doesn't suck - I'd rate it as average. It is on the dark side, it seems like Lukas can do a better job with simply a firmware update by tweaking the auto exposure. If I really wanted to optimize the night time performance now, it would require changing the settings for brightness from 3 to 4 before dark. In fact I've done this just to try it, and it improves night time video 100%. But, of course, too much work so I'll live with dark-ish video after dark. So, yes, it really is a setting issue. Send Lukas support an email asking them to change 'auto exposure' to improve night time video. For all the good it will do :) I'll at least get some screen captures up, if not full video.

thank you! great feedback. I would love to see a sample.

Thank you too, johnf ! If the night video is a less quality one , I would buy a Panorama instead with a little more money. However , I will wait your samples when the time allows you .Maybe more information , because is silent with this dashcam on this forum....

One more thing about the 7700 mount, it is perfect for my requirement of being able to remove the camera quickly and easily, without the bulk and delicacy of a vacuum cup mount. The 7700 uses a clear plastic slide-in 'shoe' that is permanently attached to the windshield with standard double side tape. The base of the cam slides in to this 'shoe'. Takes only a second to remove or reattach the cam, and it never requires realignment when remounting. My wife works at a facility that bans any cameras, so when she takes the car to work the camera must be removed - this mount design is perfect for repeated removal / remounting.

I'll do some night time samples tonight and get them up tomorrow.

Reactions: old
Thanks for the feedback. One question, if you left the brightness on "4" during the day is the video too bright to be usable? Is the image too washed out or could it be left on "4" all the time without losing too much of the image detail?

Thanks again!

Hi,

I am looking for a great camera with capacitor, and I check these model... My "special" requirements are:
- capacitor
- small and good design
- GPS
- AV out (for connect a monitor)
- good motion detection

Is the Lukas LK-7700 suitable for my requirements?

Can I connect an external battery to the Lukas LK-7700 while thar car is in the parking and I do not want connect directly to the car battery?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

Not ideal if you 'require' a capacitor. Your other 'special' requirements are no problem. The 7700 is not the smallest camera out there, but has a way of blending in the few cars I've tried it in. Here in Las Vegas it has been 110 for the last few days, and almost as hot for a good while before that. Not a single problem so far, even with the car parked outside during the day. I have it wired 'hot' all the time, to utilize the parking feature, which works better than any other I've tried, with flawless mode switching.

So, every single category rates 'average'. However, add it all together and and it is really good (IMO). Each of my other 5 cams have 1 or more issue(s) that makes it baadddd.

@johnf
I bought mine 7700 the day before my bday and i received it on Jan 5th. I purchased the camera from greensum as well but i'm only worrying if the camera i received was one that may have been out of focused. I dont want to take my camera apart and refocus just the fact that I could risk something major. I'm currently using a CPL filter but I been having some issue adjusting the recommend setting for better video quality. In the meantime, my gf wanted a 7700 pro pretty bad so i went and purchased a 7900 Ace for myself and planning to give her the 7700 pro. What are some of your recommend setting for Daytime & Nighttime? Also, do you use any kind of filters with your 7700????

The setting I have for now are:
UV or CPL Filter
Brightness: 3
Sharpness: 3
Noise Filter: 1

Last edited:
I am very interested in the night/low light performance of the 7700. Can either of you comment or post some sample video? The night videos i've seen youtube all look very dark to me. I was wondering if this was a setting issue, or maybe cameras were fitted with a CPL filter. I would love some feedback as the specs/price are perfect for me.

thank you
Sorry for the late reply. Some of the video shot at night with the 7700 pro had a CPL Filter attached to it but the setting was not the same as provided in the description box. With Shaprness at 5 and Noise at 5, it turns the video into a cartoon

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Lukas / QVIA 13
Back