LS430W vs GT680W vs RX300W

Maulhofer

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Good evening,

after my GT300W is broken, I am looking for a new Dashcam. My problem now is that there are many good cams and I can decide bad. The design is not so important. But must have GPS and be as good as the GT300W. The choices are DOD LS430W, GT680W and RX300W. What do you think is the best cam?

GT680W and RX300 are good for their price. LS430W does almost same as other two mentioned, but it priced much higher and "problem" with many DOD products that it is very hard to get firmware updates. Other than that DOD is high quality product. One more strong point with LS430W ( and LS300W ) is so called 5x GPS Speed update, - at least they advertise it for sales point. I am not sure if it's same or similar GPS module used on GT680W, RX300. Few month ago GT680W updated their GPS atnenna to much higher quality one ( also for RX300 ), so it might be the same as used on LS430W ( just my speculations ).
Best if you talk to @FoxOffer, @billknow and ask about difference in GPS modules used on LS430W vs GT680W / RX300. If it the same, then there is no point of overpaying for LS430W brand name.

@niko, so if you have to choose one from gt680w and rx300, which will be better?

Its all depends what are your priorities ( needs )?
My priority is the quality of recording which is similar in both cameras. However there is important for me to have a good and reliable device with highest probability od being free of failures because of limited warranty posibilities. What is more I will often remove the camera for night and I need a stable and durable connection between the camera and suction mount. And the last issue: the battery. Is the little capacity of battery a real problem of dashcam? I have no practice in the area of dashcams and I don't know is it really necessary in practice.
The appearance od both cameras isn't my ideal but acceptable.
Thanks in advance.

My priority is the quality of recording which is similar in both cameras. However there is important for me to have a good and reliable device with highest probability od being free of failures because of limited warranty posibilities. What is more I will often remove the camera for night and I need a stable and durable connection between the camera and suction mount. And the last issue: the battery. Is the little capacity of battery a real problem of dashcam? I have no practice in the area of dashcams and I don't know is it really necessary in practice.
The appearance od both cameras isn't my ideal but acceptable.
Thanks in advance.

From my experience, not only a choice of product is the most important, but also from whom you bought it. RX300 and GT680W supplied by Foxoffer will guarantee you good and quick aftersales support ( you may read about them in Vendors feedback sub-forum ). They dont have LS430W listed on their shop, but I am sure if you ask them, - they can source it for you.

Difference between GT680W and RX300 you may find from my review at the end of first post : HERE

From all 3 you mentioned, if your budget allows to buy LS430W, - I am personally would go with it, however you correctly mentioned concern regarding battery,- in this case ( if your budget allows to stretch slightly over 200 usd ), then I would recommend few other dash cams, but as I understand, - you want to chose between 3 mentioned in title, not any other dash cams, right ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your answer niko. Add your review I see that the RX300 is a better GT680W. Is this correct way? What would a cam over 200 usd for a recommendation?

@niko I'm not an author of the whole topic but only join it because of having similar problem. I personally will choose one from gt680w, rx300 or maybe gt550ws. My budget is limited to ca 100$. I will buy at Foxoffer.

Thank you for your answer niko. Add your review I see that the RX300 is a better GT680W. Is this correct way? What would a cam over 200 usd for a recommendation?

If those advantages of RX300 I pointed out in my review are important to you, then go with it. For me personally most "extra advantages" of RX300 vs GT680W are not important, ONLY thing is RX300 have much bigger battery, which is the only biggest advantage for me if comparing those two. Also GT550W has bigger than GT680W battery capacity. Other than that from performance point of veiw all 3 should perform same ( I tested RX300 and GT680W, have not tested GT550W, but I believe it same "brother" just in different case ). So you will end up choosing between RX300 and GT550W, - depending which shape ( design ) you prefer more, up to you.

As you budget stretches up to 200usd, then for sure Panorama II would be better choice ( 189 usd shipped with no GPS, or 205 usd incl GPS antenna ).

@niko I'm not an author of the whole topic but only join it because of having similar problem. I personally will choose one from gt680w, rx300 or maybe gt550ws. My budget is limited to ca 100$. I will buy at Foxoffer.

You may find some info to think about in my previous replay to Maulhofer.

You may find some info to think about in my previous replay to Maulhofer.
@niko Your advices are very helpful and I know much more. I read your two reviews (GT680w, RX300), what is more I haven't heard earlier about RX300 before I read your review:)
In your review of RX300 you point out some problems with suction mount which hard to operate first few days from new.
Could you tell me then which of two mounts (in GT680W and RX300) is more solid and durable. And what is important, which of two types of connecting the mount and the camera is more solid. I read at Dashcamtalk, that one of forum members have problem with the little handle that release the camera from the mount, which just broke on first use. Is this really so delicate? How it looks in GT680W? I will often remove the camera for night and it's quite important.

@niko Your advices are very helpful and I know much more. I read your two reviews (GT680w, RX300), what is more I haven't heard earlier about RX300 before I read your review:)
In your review of RX300 you point out some problems with suction mount which hard to operate first few days from new.
Could you tell me then which of two mounts (in GT680W and RX300) is more solid and durable. And what is important, which of two types of connecting the mount and the camera is more solid. I read at Dashcamtalk, that one of forum members have problem with the little handle that release the camera from the mount, which just broke on first use. Is this really so delicate? How it looks in GT680W? I will often remove the camera for night and it's quite important.

Yes, RX300 release mount is a bit fussier as I pointed out in my review ( still leaves very small gap between mount and dashcam body ), but no wobbling when recording and on mine the release button has not broken, but it could be more stiffer. If compare RX300 vs GT6800W mount, then non of them is perfect for every day release from dashcam. I mean if you want to leave suction mount in car and just remove dashcam from its bracket, - then non of them is my preferred choice of brackets. If you dont touch bracket, dont remove it from dash camera, keep it connected to dashcam, and remove whole set ( dashcam along with bracket ), then both of them are fine. Hope you know what I am trying to say.
Myself personally like to do my own bracket / mount systems for more effective and quick mount dismount on daily bases ( few times per day ). If you are a little bit DIY skilled, then you can do your own bracket system.
You may find a lot of my projects from DIY Projects sub-forum. After you check them, - maybe you can come up with something new and even more interesting.

Yes, RX300 release mount is a bit fussier as I pointed out in my review ( still leaves very small gap between mount and dashcam body ), but no wobbling when recording and on mine the release button has not broken, but it could be more stiffer. If compare RX300 vs GT6800W mount, then non of them is perfect for every day release from dashcam. I mean if you want to leave suction mount in car and just remove dashcam from its bracket, - then non of them is my preferred choice of brackets. If you dont touch bracket, dont remove it from dash camera, keep it connected to dashcam, and remove whole set ( dashcam along with bracket ), then both of them are fine. Hope you know what I am trying to say.
Myself personally like to do my own bracket / mount systems for more effective and quick mount dismount on daily bases ( few times per day ). If you are a little bit DIY skilled, then you can do your own bracket system.
You may find a lot of my projects from DIY Projects sub-forum. After you check them, - maybe you can come up with something new and even more interesting.
Thanks for useful information. I'll check your projects and maybe use it as inspiration.

Thanks for useful information. I'll check your projects and maybe use it as inspiration.

You are welcome.
If you will come up with something new DIY, you may share it in DIY projects sub-forum for others to see and get inspired.

Niko there is an adhesive mount for the RX300?

I have now decided the GT680 to forget and to decide between the RX300 and Panorama II. The Review of Panorama II I have read and I must say that she is a really good cam.
Is it worth it to pay so much more money?

Niko there is an adhesive mount for the RX300?

I have now decided the GT680 to forget and to decide between the RX300 and Panorama II. The Review of Panorama II I have read and I must say that she is a really good cam.
Is it worth it to pay so much more money?

As much as I know there are no adhesive mount for RX300 ( even as an optional accessory ). Who knows, maybe one day manufacturer will introduce it.

GT680W was the first, then came RX300. I do like GT680W, but for me personally small capacity battery is making me worry for long use term. However on RX300 me personally dont like appearance of IR leds, - it makes look it cheap. To be honest, I have an "allergy" for IR leds ;) Any time I see some new ( maybe even interesting ) dash cam on Chinese websites, but if it has IR leds, I skip it right away ( I know it's my personal problem that I do not like them ). But with RX300 is good solution to cover them up as I did in my review. Other people IR leds might not disturb.

Now about your choice regarding Panorama2 you asked: " Is it worth it to pay so much more money? "
I would answer differently: Is it worth to pay so less for Panorama 2 ? ;) My point is, that Pano2 is the cheapest dash cam from all well known good reliable premium class dash-cams. It's not only the cheapest but also can compete with others premium dash cams which are priced 20-30% higher.
RX300 and Pano2 are from different price-ranges, different technology, etc. RX300 is very good in its own category and Pano2 in its own.
For sure premium-class dash cameras are cost more not because somebody want to earn a lot of money ;), but for a reason being in most ways more advanced, using higher quality hardware, producing better video performance etc.
Hope you know what I am trying to say.

I must say Panorama2 is not the Top of the World, neither are other same range good reliable competitors like Lukas, Vicovation, Finevu etc., - they all have their pros and cons and we ( buyers ) always want something more and more, but don't forget that wanting more cost more money. For the price of Pano2 you get fairly good product, which has very little issues reported from users of this forum.

You can talk to @adorfer, he is also from Germany and was one of the first ( after me ;P ) who bought it and have long experience of use.

@niko There is still one thing that bothers me. What do you think about RX300 maturity in the area of software and hardware elements (mount probably will be finally DIY type regardless of chosen dash cam model). I ask because before the Chinese New Year vacation I get a recommendation from Foxoffer support to buy GT680W instead of RX300 (I mentioned them these two being in the area of interest). They said about more sold pieces of GT680W and good feedback. However as we said before, in GT680W is too small battery. I'm starting to have concerns about RX300 possible hardware or software faults. Or maybe the better idea is to choose GT550WS as more known and better tested product?

@niko There is still one thing that bothers me. What do you think about RX300 maturity in the area of software and hardware elements (mount probably will be finally DIY type regardless of chosen dash cam model). I ask because before the Chinese New Year vacation I get a recommendation from Foxoffer support to buy GT680W instead of RX300 (I mentioned them these two being in the area of interest). They said about more sold pieces of GT680W and good feedback. However as we said before, in GT680W is too small battery. I'm starting to have concerns about RX300 possible hardware or software faults. Or maybe the better idea is to choose GT550WS as more known and better tested product?

I agree with Foxoffer in the way that GT680W has more feedback and till now proven to be good value for money. RX300 is new release from same factory, based on same ( similar ) firmware, using similar hardware etc, just has other shell with some optional functions and higher capacity battery, so logically thinking it should be as good as gt680w but only time and customers feedback can tell more.
I know its a dilemma for you its up to you which product to go with: prooven gt550w, gt680w or its new successor rx300.

Back