Lukas LK-7900 Ace

Mtz said:
I am an white light fan so always like the camera which offer the always white light, in this case, the FineVu.

Are you using some CPL lens on FineVu, because I see 2 rays starting from the light bulbs:

enjoy,
Mtz

The LK-7900 ACE is significantly sharper, see Tempo 30 road sign.

Actually it is not for my driving I use the camera. I'm using it while the car is parked at my house, more important to me.
My windshield is not tinted, clear all the way.
I took the filter off (Lukas) did some shots and will review it tonight.
Appreciate everybody's posting. I will make more tests soon.
George

This is probably a noob question, but do I have to use the Lukas branded SD cards with this or can I just get the lowest size and upgrade to my own SDXC card?

Also anybody use the Lukas power switches? I'm interested in getting a dash cam for the front and another for the back. I currently have the ITRONICS ITB-100HD with the power cord (ITV-80). Since I need two power cords, the only one I see that has duel plugs is the Blackvue Power Magic Pro Plus... or are there any others?

My folks are going to Korea and I gave them money to pick me up a few dash cams. LK-7900 Ace being one… I’m not sure what to get for the other one. Which ever one I don’t end up using will be installed in my parents’ car. Any recommendations? So far nothing, but the LK-7900 Ace really interests me. I like the WIFI option for the BlackVue DR500GW-HD, but that company is on my black list.

joeyjoejoe said:
I like the WIFI option for the BlackVue DR500GW-HD, but that company is on my black list.

their product is very sub par, had a chance to check it out last week, build quality (appearance) is very nice, the results it produces are embarrassingly poor, they should be ashamed of themselves for selling this product

1. You can use any brand SD card.
2. I use the pro plus and it's fine. Does what it's supposed to do, no thrills. Not used the Lukas power switch so can't comment on them.

EDIT: Some more samples from the past couple of days. Didn't want to bombard the other threads so thought I'd post in the 'official' thread..

Day sample
Part1 - Source file
Part2 - Source file

Night sample
Part1 - Source file
Part2 - Source file

Night sample
Part1 - Source file
Part2 - Source file

Last edited by a moderator:
jamesbcd said:
1. You can use any brand SD card.
2. I use the pro plus and it's fine. Does what it's supposed to do, no thrills. Not used the Lukas power switch so can't comment on them.

Thanks for the info! I'd rather save a few bucks and purchase my own SDXC card when the 128GB go on sale. I like the Power Magic Pro Plus because it's one of the few switches out there that are duel and you can set it to 72hrs or unlimited... most other power cords only go up to 48hrs max.

joeyjoejoe said:
Thanks for the info! I'd rather save a few bucks and purchase my own SDXC card when the 128GB go on sale. I like the Power Magic Pro Plus because it's one of the few switches out there that are duel and you can set it to 72hrs or unlimited... most other power cords only go up to 48hrs max.

There are quite a few options for how long it stays on. I have it on unlimied. :)

jamesbcd said:
There are quite a few options for how long it stays on. I have it on unlimied. :)

I used to have the Power Magic Pro with the Blackvue DR400G and I too set it on unlimited. I really so no reason to set it to anything else. It's going to shut off earlier if your battery gets low, so why no let it record for as long as possible?

I'm looking at getting an LK-7900, but can someone confirm if the camera's mounting stand be removed from the camera or is the gps sensor inside the stand - info pages just say it is a stand but do not mention where the gps sensor is. if it can be removed then making a simple bracket might allow the camera to be mounted in other ways or via suction cup etc.

Gigitt said:
I'm looking at getting an LK-7900, but can someone confirm if the camera's mounting stand be removed from the camera or is the gps sensor inside the stand - info pages just say it is a stand but do not mention where the gps sensor is. if it can be removed then making a simple bracket might allow the camera to be mounted in other ways or via suction cup etc.

There's definitely a PCB in the part of the camera that snaps into the bracket. This must be the GPS. You could always attached the quick release bracket to your screen with 3M Dual Lock VHB, that way you can take the whole thing off your windshield when you want. The quick release mounts have a habit of cracking if you take the camera in and out of them often.

Picked one up cheap over the weekend - it's used, 1 owner used once :) and when I got up this morning the postman had already delivered it... bit like Christmas! LOL
I got to work 30min later this morning as I had to install it.

Brilliant bit of kit!

Can anyone tell me what the bitrate is of the recorded video?

Are there any custom firmwares out there for this camera to increase the bitrate?

Thanks!

xreyuk said:
Can anyone tell me what the bitrate is of the recorded video?

Are there any custom firmwares out there for this camera to increase the bitrate?

Thanks!

Look on their website and get familiar with the process of downloading new viewers and firmware. They release more updates than any other dash cam manufacturer. There is no custom firmware but the viewer gives you many choices of settings. I don't know how much better the quality can get. It's the best of all the cameras on the market.

Back