Memory Card compatibility

The 256GB Max Endurance have worked great on my A129 Pro. The 256GB SD card that came with my A229 Pro pre-order has worked well so far. I did order a
512GB Kingston Canvas Go Plus and will start using it today. Spec wise, the Kingston Canvas Go! Plus should work quite well.

Kingston Canvas Go! Plus

The 256GB Max Endurance have worked great on my A129 Pro. The 256GB SD card that came with my A229 Pro pre-order has worked well so far. I did order a
512GB Kingston Canvas Go Plus and will start using it today. Spec wise, the Kingston Canvas Go! Plus should work quite well.

Kingston Canvas Go! Plus
same A229 Pro 2ch pre-order

The best advice about a memory card is to buy from the memory card manufacture, that way you know you are getting an authentic card.

You for sure do not want to go world wide shopping for the absolut cheapest place.
I prefer to shop in local shops, but will if i am pushed use sold by / fulfilled by Amazon, BUT ! i am going very far in not supporting that horrible company.

I use Amazon only when necessary. The problem now is that so many local stores have become very selective in what they carry that I am forced to go to Amazon sometimes.
USB cables are a prime example. I can get them from big box stores in the area but, they usually need to be ordered. At that point, might as well use Amazon. I consider Amazon
to be just as evil as Google.

What about a 512GB SD card, Would the Sandisk high endurance card be compatible? I have a SanDisk 256GB maximum card that works fine but I want a 512GB……

What about a 512GB SD card, Would the Sandisk high endurance card be compatible? I have a SanDisk 256GB maximum card that works fine but I want a 512GB……
Yes, the A229 Pro can support 521GB cards. But we only recommend Sandisk Max Endurance and Sandisk Extreme Endurance cards as they are more stable according to tests:1698225787152.png

But we only recommend Sandisk Max Endurance and Sandisk Extreme Endurance cards as they are more stable according to tests
What "Tests"???

Could you please link to documentation on this. Your testing methods, scope, results etc.

I have asked about this a few time on here.
THis thread and page has some posts about sd cards and speed tests, but no one seems to be able to provide insight into your (VIOFO) "Recommended" cards.

I have NEVER had any Sandisk card last more than a year or so, and have had many failures of their other product's and do not trust Sandisk.
(they currently have a class action lawsuit against them for huge fail rates on their Extreme Portable SSDs)
Never had any issues with the Samsung cards in dashcams, or WYZE cams that record 24/7 for several years to the card.

I have NEVER had any Sandisk card last more than a year or so, and have had many failures of their other product's and do not trust Sandisk.
(they currently have a class action lawsuit against them for huge fail rates on their Extreme Portable SSDs)
Never had any issues with the Samsung cards in dashcams, or WYZE cams that record 24/7 for several years to the card.

I have two of the Extreme Portable SSD's, do you have a link for the lawsuit?

Sandisk have gone to hell since owned by WD. I own a number of their memory sticks and to register them was a PITA! There was the SD side and the WD side of the web sites, and neither talked to each other. It's no wonder at all that they had a massive hack this year.

I read their link and here is how screwed up they still are; when inputting the SN, the only acceptable OS are Mac and Windows. I use Linux. It looks like I will have to email them and check
about the SN and FW updates. It will be a cold day in hell before I ever buy another Sandisk product.

edit: spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
Sandisk have gone to hell since owned by WD. I own a number of their memory sticks and to register them was a PITA! There was the SD side and the WD side of the web sites, and neither talked to each other. It no wonder at all that they had a massive hack this year.

I read their link and hear is how screwed up they still are; when inputting the SN, the only acceptable OS are Mac and Windows. I use Linux. It looks like I will have to email them and check
about the SN and FW updates. It will be a cold day in hell before I ever buy another Sandisk product.
Yea. Before WD bought out Sandisk, their cards used to be very good.

I have not had much if any issues with WD products, 2.5/3.5 HDD/SSD. Or their newest m.2 nvme ssds.

But they sure have tanked Sandisk products lately.

Sandisk have gone to hell since owned by WD. I own a number of their memory sticks and to register them was a PITA! There was the SD side and the WD side of the web sites, and neither talked to each other. It no wonder at all that they had a massive hack this year.

I read their link and hear is how screwed up they still are; when inputting the SN, the only acceptable OS are Mac and Windows. I use Linux. It looks like I will have to email them and check
Seagate for me lately the last few years.

I have not looked at Seagate in years, no reason why really. At one time all I used for hard drives were Seagate. Maybe I need to take another look at them.

I have not looked at Seagate in years, no reason why really. At one time all I used for hard drives were Seagate. Maybe I need to take another look at them.
They had their own issues years ago but they fixed themselves up and have been pretty solid since

Well I do not get why there are only 2 other sandisk cards that Viofo recommend.
They recommend Extreme...but not extreme Plus???
Why?
The plus is just as fast isn't it?
No Samsung Pro? Why, just as fast as the sandisk isn't it?

Also, Viofo don't even list there own cards on the Australian website..WTH?
Thoughts anyone?

1698632111035.png

One cannot really go by names such as Extreme or Pro or Plus. You have to look for what the card is intended for. Different purposes often have different memory and micro-controllers and software.

Back