Mini 0803 Firmware Request Thread

Is it possible to update the clock from the GPS, because my 0803does not keep time very well. It would be nice to have the time stamp on the video match the time stamp from the GPS

Is it possible to update the clock from the GPS, because my 0803does not keep time very well. It would be nice to have the time stamp on the video match the time stamp from the GPS
I believe that it already provides this function and that you may need to make a simple settings change.... It doesn't state this in the (rather poor & small font) "User's Manual" but when you go into the Date/Time settings the first two digits are your local time in relation to GMT.
Mine also came from FoxOffer and it was set at 08 (i.e., GMT + 8hrs), which I adjusted to 01 (as we're currently on British Summer Time GMT +1 hr). It has been keeping very good time so I can only assume that it does update the time from the GPS.

Last edited:
I believe that it already provides this function and that you may need to make a simple settings change.... It doesn't state this in the (rather poor & small font) 'User Manual' but when you go into the Date/Time settings the first two digits are your local time in relation to GMT.
Mine also came from FoxOffer and it was set at 08 (i.e., GMT + 8hrs), which I adjusted to 01 (as we're currently on British Summer Time GMT +1 hr). It has been keeping very good time so I can only assume that it does update the time from the GPS.

Thanks again :-)

Request : please don't turn on the screen when turning OFF the key of the car

^ This. Not great when parking in a public place at night and having the cam announce itself to the world in bright cheery living color.

Possible to have bigger time/date stamp ?
It is really too small !!!!
G1W and even 0801 are better.

There is also a problem with white background.
So please make it bigger, it is useless like this. :confused:

Resize 640x480
vlcsna12.jpg

Crop 100%
vlcsna10.png

Last edited:
Paint your car a darker color :) :D

I'm starting to think I've made a mistake in ordering the 0803, hopefully they'll have an update firmware to correct these annoying problems much sooner than later.

I should have mine late next week so until then, I'll keep an open mind

Rayman, any feedback on this? Any chance a new FW version will have the option to turn recording off through the menu?
This option seems recommended. My mute button is not responding anymore! When not desired, users will have at least a second chance to turn off the sound!:eek:

Did not really expect this, but resetting to original settings (menu: default setting) solved the problem!

Last edited:
DARK VIDEO. I received my Mini 0803 a few days ago, it was an upgrade for one the cheap and cheerful 720 cams. However, I am having a few problems and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction please? I am finding that the video on playback is very dark, I have tried pointing the camera downwards to reduce the amount of sky, but it has made little difference, is there a way in the menu's to adjust this please?
It appears that the camera is reacting too much to the light sky, so the whole video is darkened. Also, I have read on here a lot about Firmware and updating, how do I do this please, the version i have is FW20140510 V1.0.
On a more positive note, the picture although dark has very good sharpness and pausing allows you to easily read car plates and signs, the microphone is exceptionally good, pick up very little road noise and it even picks out the indicators audio noise. So it looks like a very good camera, if only I am able to get the dark picture sorted.

Same issue here.
AE metering should be done lower to better result... not centered.
Already mentioned by a member in 0803 coming thread.
Anyway to fix this in firmware ?

Not good, I spent£90 for he thing, when you mention AV adjustment, as I am not very technical minded, what adjustment should I do to the AE metering?

You have 2 differents setting concerned.
1- AE metering mode : Center or Point
2- EV correction : from -2.0 to +2.0

You just have to change the values in 0803 menus.
Very simple :)

Chris-s thanks for the reply, I will try it shortly. Yet more problems with the camera, I set the date and time, but the next time I turn it on, they have changed. Set date yesterday 7th June and correct time, this morning it is 20th June and the time if 2 hours later. Plus, battery does not hold charge, fully charged before first use, but a full battery goes flat after about 10 minutes.

Back