Mobius + 64Gb + overwrite when full

I'm still testing the configuration you sent me with a Kingston 64GB class 10. The camera stopped recording when the card was full, also when using a PQI 64GB class 10. :eek:
I'm now doing the same tests using a newer FW version and will compare my results. Testing 64GB cards takes a LONG time!
Mine stopped recording when my 64GB card was full too. I thought my Mobius was playing up. :confused:

Well it is sad that it wont Work with my Kingston Card, but its not a issue for me as i will have the Card out of the cam at least 1 time before it is full.
I still hope it will be fixed in a future FW, or i can afford another 64Gb Card in the future that will overwrite when full.

Well it is sad that it wont Work with my Kingston Card, but its not a issue for me as i will have the Card out of the cam at least 1 time before it is full.
I still hope it will be fixed in a future FW, or i can afford another 64Gb Card in the future that will overwrite when full.
Thanks to your original post and how easy it is to replicate the problem I'm optimistic that the issue will be fixed in a future FW version. The developer is definitely investigating.

Second test just started on a 64Gb SD Card with 3 Gb to the limit, now i just hope the innovv can keep recording untill the mobius have been thru its "coma" and start to record again.
just off topic..have you tried 64g on the Innovv?

No but i have been thinking about it, but then again i dont have a dashcam wire for it so it would have to be battery only.

You can use cpu usb cable, just have to manually power on. yet better, you should fire an email to Rock to get one.

Innovv C1 now loop recording on 64 Gb Kingston Card, plugged into external USB 2 amp power supply :)

I have made a consumer information thread in the Innovv section.

The 64 Gb Kingston SDXC Card Works just fine in the mobius, and it loop and overwrite as it is is supposed to. :)

You just have to format the SD Card with SDformatter 4.0, using the settings FULL ( erase ) and format size adjustment ON.

The 64 Gb Kingston SDXC Card Works just fine in the mobius, and it loop and overwrite as it is is supposed to. :)

You just have to format the SD Card with SDformatter 4.0, using the settings FULL ( erase ) and format size adjustment ON.
Which FW was that with kamkar1 ?

I am using the 1.20 firmware.

Thanks for that information, much appreciated.;)
I'd re-installed FW 1.13 (due to getting some low light flickering issues when using FW 1.20), but it wouldn't overwrite when using my new 64GB Kingston SDXC card when it became full. This was after using SDFormatter 4.0 as you'd described above. I'll go back to FW 1.20 and give it a go.:)

Last edited:
Thanks for that information, I can confirm that my 64GB card recycles/overwrites now I'm using FW 1.20, having filled it today.:)

Last edited:
I posted by accident on a thread over on the GxW. Tested a kingston 64GB card in my G1W & it worked, so put it into my mobius & had a poroblem with no loop recording. Thanks to advice from @Hilts (as above) I'm now getting a full day's recording.
Sad, I know,
Tues 8h 32m 15s
Wed 8h 32m 20s
Thur 8h 31m 58s
Fri 8h 32m 40s
Interestingly, it's set to save 5min files & they all come in at 5m 01s. Of these 5m01s files, the longest was 629 455KB and the shortest was 597 455KB.
But happy to say that I'm getting a good 8.5hours' onto one 64GB card. So, as long as I remember to turn the camera off if I'm going to be away from the vehicle for any length of time (3/4 hour lunch break, 'comfort' stop etc) then I can record my whole driving day.

Appreciate the thanks @sludgeguts but it was @kamkar1 who posted how he'd got his 64GB card formatted to work with his Mobius. I merely pointed you towards his post!;)
And they do say " A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat".
Sometimes, you can search all day & never find an answer but your post took me straight to the answer.
Saved me a shedload of grief.

Well I have the same problem. I am running FW 1.20 and using a brand new original Kingston SDCX 10/64GB micro SD card. I have tried to format through the Mobius sofware, but still it will not overwrite existing files, and stops recording when the card is full! I have tried with the SDFormatter V4.0 on a PC with Win7 and Win8, and I choose "Format Size Adjustment ON", but it will not accept the Full (Erase) option on any of my PC's (see attached file) as recommend by you. It will however accept the Full (Overwrite) function! I haven't tried if it will overwrite existing files in this mode however, I will know that tomorrow.

Edited to add:
Found the explanation here: Format an SD Card the Easy Way apparently some cards simply does not support this function.
http://www.online-tech-tips.com said:
In the example above, the card used is a Micro SD card, which does not support the full erase option. The dialogue box shows this by stating it performed a full format, but could not “flash erase”—which is perfectly fine. The SD card will still have a nice, fresh start and prolonged life for taking pictures and storing files.

Attachments

• Format exFAT.jpg
    Format exFAT.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
It will however accept the Full (Overwrite) function! I haven't tried if it will overwrite existing files in this mode however, I will know that tomorrow.
Just a follow-up.
It has now been running flawless the last three days, so I believe that I can conclude that the Mobius will recycle a Kingston 64GB card if it has been formatted with SDFormatter V4.0 in the
Full (Overwrite) mode and "Format Size Adjustment" On.
Thanks everybody for the help. :)

Our pleasure :D see you in the traffic. ( im in the Randers / Aarhus area )

Back